2 replies to this topic

#1 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:46 PM

Entries for Master System month are up! This little system that could got quite a bit of love this month, with 7 main entries and 3 alts.

Go forth and listen and vote over at http://dwellingofdue...-master-system/ !

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#2 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,399 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 05:30 PM

Anonymous DoD Contestant: was that Plogue Alter/Ego?  Or what?

JK don't answer, ANONYMITY COMPROMISED

But srsly, what is it?

#3 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:10 AM

Reviews:

Alex Kidd and the Lost Stars - Toy World

This sounds great and lovely. I really like your drum sound (live drums perhaps?). I wish this was a bit longer with some more variations to the arrangement.

Black Belt - Isthmus of Punching

Is this a banjo? In any case, interesting choice of style. Not sure I'm a fan of the wimpy vocal, but the main vocals are good. Some extra percussion would be nice.

Columns, Snail Maze - The tale of a snail lost in a maze of columns

From the intro I expected this song to go full Yngwie or something similar. The guitars could be a bit more in front, the harpsichord is drowning them, but the guitar work is good. There's a lot of mud in the low end. You need more high-pass filters on everything, because the mud is killing the drums and bass.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - I'm Thinking (About Thos Beans)

I like this intro. The high end on the backing synth is kinda piercing, you might wanna EQ it down just a bit. Also, the lack of a rhythm backing instrument is really noticeable, I think an acoustic guitar might've done wonders there. The drums sound great, both the tone and mixing.

Hokuto No Ken - You Are Already Shred Rough

There's too much room sound in the guitars, I'd prefer if they were more direct or perhaps louder and panned out. The hats keep hitting at a constant velocity, you need some variation in them. Also, some crashes at the start of measures are barely audible, either EQ them so they cut through or make them louder.

Master of Darkness - Nyctophobia

Great rhythm guitar tone and playing! The mix is good, not much more to say about the song.

Sukeban Deka II: Shoujo Tekkamen Densetsu - Tekkamen is sadly not Tekkamaki

The lead needs work, more bends and vibrato. I don't really like the chip breakdown. Is this a Miku pedal or just vocaloid? Something different for sure, but I can't say I like it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users