This is no place for a horse.

#2792 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

Woah, Finland gave us Trials and Legend of Grimrock?!?!

Finland, you're OK in my book!

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#2793 Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero

Dimensional Shambling Troll / True Dew Casual

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:55 PM

Anyone find any gems this winter sale? I grabbed an ARPG called Victor Vran, but a few other titles I have been eyeing on ps4 instead (Transistor, Bastion, and Ronin). 

Put some South in yer mouth.

#2794 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

Stellaris for 16.00 was a fucking amazingly good buy.  It's the space strategy game we've all been waiting for.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#2795 Kilu

Kilu

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:21 AM

FF12 Zodiac Age has been confirmed for PC, releases February 1.

https://www.rpgsite....other-additions

In addition to the many changes made to The Zodiac Age on PlayStation 4, the PC release supports 60 FPS framerates, 21:9 ultra-wide aspect resolutions, a third 'Soundtrack' version BGM toggle, cheats to give you maximum gil and license points, and the ability to choose New Game Plus and New Game Minus from the beginning. The port also supports controllers and Steam trading cards.

Extremely surprised about the ultra wide support and 60fps.

header.jpg?t=1515691101

panic-dance.gif
This is no place for a horse.

#2796 Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

Console scum loses again. PCMR!

#2797 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,890 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

Woah, Finland gave us Trials and Legend of Grimrock?!?!

Finland, you're OK in my book!

Grimrock is great. I need to get back to it. It ain't easy, tho

toopunk2lose.png

#2798 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

Is it really great?  I want it to be but I keep stopping.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#2799 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

"Great" might be overselling it, but its very fun. I enjoy a crunchy dungeon crawl. 

toopunk2lose.png

#2800 Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:16 PM

Just added it to my wishlist. I played a ton of Lands of Lore and Ultima back in the DOS CRPG era. This definitely reminds me of them. 

#2801 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

On a Point and Click Adventure kick. Beat a bunch of games the past couple of weeks since I love them and have a bunch from various sales.

The Blackwell Series - Five games in total; The Blackwell Legacy, Unbound, Convergence, Deception and Epiphany. Overall, pretty good. Each game has it's positive and negative elements but they are each fun experiences and the over arching story isn't bad either. The first two games are relatively short, with the latter three installments being a bit bigger with Epiphany taking me the most time at around 7 hours. The puzzles were fine for the most part but some of the mechanics with joining clues weren't great and some solutions just seemed off, at least to me. Only needed to look at a walkthrough for the very end of the last game and I'm still pissed off about that. 

The Shivah - Another Wadjet Eye Game by the same dude that did Blackwell. It only took me about 2 hours to finish this but it makes sense; it was his first game and despite it's shorter length, it was still pretty good. The puzzles aren't great but the end sequence was pretty cool. A lot of the production just wasn't there though; some of the Blackwell games had some of the same problem with sound problems (mic pops, breathing, clipping etc) as well but, still a pretty good simple story attached to a neat simple adventure game. Most of the ideas in this game were expanded in the Blackwell Series as well.

#2802 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

On a Point and Click Adventure kick. Beat a bunch of games the past couple of weeks since I love them and have a bunch from various sales.

The Blackwell Series - Five games in total; The Blackwell Legacy, Unbound, Convergence, Deception and Epiphany. Overall, pretty good. Each game has it's positive and negative elements but they are each fun experiences and the over arching story isn't bad either. The first two games are relatively short, with the latter three installments being a bit bigger with Epiphany taking me the most time at around 7 hours. The puzzles were fine for the most part but some of the mechanics with joining clues weren't great and some solutions just seemed off, at least to me. Only needed to look at a walkthrough for the very end of the last game and I'm still pissed off about that. 

The Shivah - Another Wadjet Eye Game by the same dude that did Blackwell. It only took me about 2 hours to finish this but it makes sense; it was his first game and despite it's shorter length, it was still pretty good. The puzzles aren't great but the end sequence was pretty cool. A lot of the production just wasn't there though; some of the Blackwell games had some of the same problem with sound problems (mic pops, breathing, clipping etc) as well but, still a pretty good simple story attached to a neat simple adventure game. Most of the ideas in this game were expanded in the Blackwell Series as well.

Book of Unwritten Tales is a modern (2012) PnC fantasy adventure that has a few bugs and weird animations sometimes but is a lot of fun and has some oldschool humor. The mini-expansion Critter Chronicles is also pretty fun! Same company that made Raven: Legacy of A Master Theif though I haven't played that yet.

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png
PC Game Metal

#2803 Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

Wadjet Eye seems to do some point and clicks. I played through Gemini Rue last year and it was really good. I bought Technobabylon on the same sale and need to play through it as well.

Along similar lines, I picked up a game called The Fall on the same sale last year actually. Kind of a point and click/adventure hybrid, but it's also very good. Not a Wadjet Eye game, but something you can get for super cheap and only takes a few hours to run through.

#2804 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

I did give Book of Unwritten Tales a shot and...just couldn't really get into it. After about an hour or two I lost interest. Same thing with Deponia; was with it for a while but lost interest a few hours in. I did manage to get through Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes a long time ago, though. That art style just doesn't really do anything for me like the pixel art does and Wadjet Eye does that in spades so I have definitely gravitated towards them rather than the "newer" ones or the ones with that particular BoUT artstyle. Primordia is great and Resonance is probably my favorite out of these newer Point and Clicks.

That's funny DH, next game I'm going to play is Gemini Rue lol. I also got The Fall on a sale already and have no idea why I haven't played it, so I'll definitely move that up the list.

#2805 Disposable Hero

Disposable Hero

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

I picked up Resonance at someone's suggestion here (I think porking?), but have yet to play it. I will have to get around to it this year.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users