19457 replies to this topic

#18481 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:36 PM

That's killer! But you don't have a special blue friend who helps you as you go fast... B) B) B)

wQCTtUW.jpg

amTr0fm.png

#18482 Naz

Naz

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,047 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:29 AM

this thread is still my favorite thing on the internet.

In personal news, does anyone have experience with any decent top mount style "no mod" gigs by trems that would work on a SG style guitar? i've been tremless since I sold my last G&L Legacy / S500 and i need some wobble back in my life.

#18483 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

I think this will fit a SG without drilling holes.

https://store.duesen...erg-les-trem-ii

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

#18484 KarlGerm

KarlGerm

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

damb that Carvin is a beaut. and I bet that wristband stringmute makes you play so fast

0XLHr8N.pngPLeKsvM.jpgdRKoGUE.png

#18485 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:53 AM

So the GK 250RL I got from Canadia finally got here today, gave it a thorough cleaning inside and out, electronics looked good, no bulging caps, super duper clean on the inside, and it works+sounds great. The dude said the direct out isn't working, so I'll fix that later on, and I'll have to drill into it to install some mounting brackets cuz I want this in a rack.

sYXd0Va.jpg

My first ever solid state amp B) (well, non $50 practice solid state amp)

amTr0fm.png

#18486 Ailsean

Ailsean

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

M-H, those green and purple guitarras are spectacular! It's always a bummer when one gets its first ding, but ultimately it just becomes part of the instrument's life story. It's still stunning.

In amparra news, I finished up the combo->head/cab conversion on the Delta Blues and picked up an XXL 4x12" cab. Now I can run it with the 1x15" for mellower gigs, or through the 4x12" for when I need to move more air. Or I can get stupid and run both cabs. Also, the impedance works out so that I can run the Valve King through its internal 1x12" or any combination of the other cabs. Yay for options!

Pics or it didn't happen:
finished%20product.jpg

Posted Image

#18487 Ailsean

Ailsean

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:04 AM

Unfortunate side-effect: I can't use the reverb because I didn't think about it being too close to the transformers. I may try swapping in a shorter tank at some point, but I don't really use reverb much anyway, so it'a not high priority. I'm more likely to remove the power cable and mount an IEC jack to the chassis. I was thinking about doing that before converting it, even. Oh! And I made sure not do do anything super destructive during the process, so converting it back into a combo amp would only take me about a half-hour tops.

Posted Image

#18488 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,179 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:08 AM

just tape the reverb tank to the front of the shell it will look really cool and not at all stupid.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#18489 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,179 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:14 AM

in guitarra news for me, i've decided that i like single coils in bass vis more than humbuckers. i'm going to get a couple bucker-sized p90s to replace the humbuckers in my two bass vis (super distortion in the mid position of the tele, jb in the bridge of the 51).

i'll buy a couple different types with the priority being the 51. whichever one i like best will go there, and the other one can go into the tele since i don't use that middle position as much.

#18490 Naz

Naz

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,047 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:17 AM

just tape the reverb tank to the front of the shell it will look really cool and not at all stupid.

this!

i have some spacers in my head because the output transformer is soon huge (we used a 100 watt output transformer in a 40/50watt head config because we were really looking to make it super dynamic, which we accomplished). Can really bang on it to get some nice wash effects and we have a drive knob for the input so you can use it for some cavernous feedback effects. really happy with how that works out, it can sound pretty monstrous when mixed with the clean input pushed pretty hot.

I think this will fit a SG without drilling holes.

https://store.duesen...erg-les-trem-ii

This looks dope. It's pretty much the same as the Eastwood guitars version. I think i'll do it!

#18491 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:57 AM

in guitarra news for me, i've decided that i like single coils in bass vis more than humbuckers. i'm going to get a couple bucker-sized p90s to replace the humbuckers in my two bass vis (super distortion in the mid position of the tele, jb in the bridge of the 51).

i'll buy a couple different types with the priority being the 51. whichever one i like best will go there, and the other one can go into the tele since i don't use that middle position as much.

Which ones do you have in mind currently?

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#18492 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:59 AM

M-H, those green and purple guitarras are spectacular! It's always a bummer when one gets its first ding, but ultimately it just becomes part of the instrument's life story. It's still stunning.

In amparra news, I finished up the combo->head/cab conversion on the Delta Blues and picked up an XXL 4x12" cab. Now I can run it with the 1x15" for mellower gigs, or through the 4x12" for when I need to move more air. Or I can get stupid and run both cabs. Also, the impedance works out so that I can run the Valve King through its internal 1x12" or any combination of the other cabs. Yay for options!

Pics or it didn't happen:
finished%20product.jpg

I like the grill you chose... reminds me of going to church in the 80s for some reason, but in a good way? 

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#18493 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,179 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:26 AM

probably a cheap gfs one and then something else. i was considering something from the railhammer humcutter series, but they aren't technically single coils, so i'm reluctant.

#18494 Ailsean

Ailsean

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

I like the grill you chose... reminds me of going to church in the 80s for some reason, but in a good way? 

Do I officially name this head "The Confessor?" I think maybe I do?

Posted Image

#18495 Ailsean

Ailsean

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:40 AM

probably a cheap gfs one and then something else. i was considering something from the railhammer humcutter series, but they aren't technically single coils, so i'm reluctant.

They're still narrow aperture and not rails though, right? Stacked coils and/or sidewinders seem to retain the single coil sound more than mini-buckers and rails. Joshua's been playing a Bass VI with single coils for Elbow Through Hammer, and it KILLS. I would definitely agree that singles, or single-sounding noiseless is the way to go.

(Also, I put the GFS neovins in my Tele and can confirm that the tone is still very much single-coil, just noiseless)

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users