17554 replies to this topic

#16 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Judge Dredd, Motherfucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,751 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 07:56 PM

theres nothing wrong with squiers man, marc from oxes recently bought a squier bullet, he played it at their 1st show back in baltimore, i've got some pics somewhere, i can find em...

huh1.gif

#17 Ashane

Ashane

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,160 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 08:02 PM

theres nothing wrong with squiers man

:lol:

#18 Alex

Alex

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,769 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 09:48 PM

A Fender Squier Bullet Series guitar is the best guitar that money can buy.

#19 Guest_johnMFer_*

Guest_johnMFer_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2003 - 09:20 AM

They say the Squier Vista Series Jagmaster from the late 90's is as good quality as any Japanese Fender, but can be found used for less than $200.

#20 Guest_sfrench_*

Guest_sfrench_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2003 - 07:59 PM

And I've heard from a lot of people that like Japanese fenders better than the US. Therefore Squire = Better than American Standard Fenders.

#21 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,958 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 08:04 PM

not necessarily. some fenders-good. some fenders-bad. very few squiers-good. most squiers-bad. that's my view of it, anyway.

i looked at a schematic tonight to see what the hell i was doing wrong with the mockingcaster (why i didn't do this sooner, i don't know), and everything's working correctly with the three way now. the neck pot has a terrible ground, however, need to fix that. i also forgot to check the tone knob, but i need to go to sleep now.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#22 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 08:14 PM

So what'd you think of those pups?

Personally I wasn't much for them.. nothing special.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Posted Image

#23 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 15,958 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 08:19 PM

i actually haven't played them yet. they're in the guitar, but i've just been tapping on the pole pieces to check if the switch is working. tomorrow it shall happen (i get off work early tomorrow, yeah!). now i really do need to go to bed.

#24 Guest_sfrench_*

Guest_sfrench_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2003 - 11:25 PM

I was just joshing about the squires. Good gutiar for $149.95 (considering I can barely buy wood for a guitar that cheap) but obviously not my first choice. Personally, from the Fender's I have played and opinions from people I respect, I tend to look for the japanese models over US. That's the main reason I bought the limited production paisley bass. It was pretty cheap, high quality, and felt a lot better than the american standard p-bass. The fret work was better in my opinion also. WORD!

#25 Guest_johnMFer_*

Guest_johnMFer_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2003 - 09:13 AM

I agree about the fretwork. I remember when Fender retired the "American Standard" series of guitars and replaces them with the "American Series", I was thinking, okay, they've improved their guitars. So, I went to Guitar Center and played both a strat and a tele and couldn't believe the shoddy craftsmanship on both of them. The action was terrible, the frets had file markings all over them. You think anyone with half a brain is going to pay $1000 for this piece of crap? I picked up a Parker, I guess the most basic one they make because it was about $800, and it was incredible - perfect frets, perfect action, everything was fit and tight. It seems Fender is like Gibson - just using their well established brand name to sell sub-par guitars for two to three times what they're worth.

#26 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:29 PM

Fucking IBANEZ GAX-70. I own one. God damn it rules it stays in tune rather well and it sounds good with a Peavy Basic 112. They are built like tanks. I left mine behind my car on accident, coming home from a jam-session and fucking knocked it on the concrete and dragged it for a foot and a half without realizing what I was doing. I put it in my car, look at it. Only scratched. I plug it back in at home, still sounds like a dream. I'll take a pic of it with my digital some time.

toopunk2lose.png

#27 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 15,958 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 01:04 PM

fucking hell. i replaced the bad pot in my mockingcaster, and now the three way switch isn't working correctly (actually, it may not have been working last night...i was pretty tired). this is really starting to piss me off. the tone knob still isn't working either, which leads me to believe that the pot is fucked.

anyway, i'm off to some guitar shops to play some working guitars. will probably work on mine some more when i get back.

#28 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 15,958 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 07:02 PM

i got sick of the mockingcaster giving me shit, so i decided to neglect it for a while. i worked on the telecaster, and the ground noise is gone. the new cap works just fine. finally, one of the guitars is done.

i played a 12 string mij strat today. it was fucking sweet. it was $719, and i don't really want to pay that much. but if i could get the price to go down some, it may become another one of my possibilities (like i really need more).

i also decided to try out an old ibanez road star to see if the necks are as good as jon says they are. they answer-yes indeed.

#29 Guest_johnMFer_*

Guest_johnMFer_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:55 PM

i also decided to try out an old ibanez road star to see if the necks are as good as jon says they are.  they answer-yes indeed.

Awesome! You know, I got the one that's on my frankenstrat for $52 on ebay. They're really friggin cheap.

Edit two weeks later: the neck was only $48.

#30 thebiggameover

thebiggameover

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,864 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 10:02 PM

if anyone cares, i'm still looking for a squire supersonic (black if posable). a wile back i found one but it was sparklely blue. i should have just got it but i didnt. now i cant find one aywhere in any color.
:(

thebiggameover.png

my twitter

mohawk babies make me insane

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users