tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:00 AM

great topic.
i haven't read it all yet.

for me, i always liked more offensive and quick characters, so Chun-Li was a obvious choice, and Blanka, to a lesser extent.
sf2t is easily the most balanced game of the series, while ssf2t is the hardest.

music :: blog :: shin_doraigo :: dods :: indieDB
Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

#32 Battlerager

Battlerager

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:01 AM

This leaves (in the original game) only Zangief and Dhalsim, who suck anyway.

WHAT

Haha, I was completely unable to do any charge moves until recently, too.
But since SSF2THDR I can do all those moves just fine :)

Haha, I knew someone would take offense to the Zangief+Dhalsim bashing.

Yes, that's just how the internet works. :P
XBox Live: ThaBattlerager
Heroes of Newerth: Battlerager
TEAM FIRE

#33 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Nu-Shizz Grip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,410 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:02 AM

call me a noob, but what is crossup?

i.e. crossup roundhouse, st.fierce, fierce shoryuken (5 hits. Infamous "Touch of Death" combo)

i was never too great at any of the SF2 iterations because i only really played them when i was a kid, and of course doing flashy specials is way more important than learning the intricacies of each characters moves. this guide makes me want to fix that.

You jump over the opponent and attack as you're jumping in on top of them. If you do it right, they'll get confused and "crossed up" on which direction to block and you have a good chance of landing a hit.

Name%20GIF.gif

Colin, Matsu, and I went to a Fat party where everyone was pretty fat and I went to get a beer and this fat girl sat between Colin and Matsu on the futon and she sank while they were boosted up.
That party also had Fat Kareshi and we were all excited so when we left I said "bye Fat Kareshi!!" and he was all like "huaghaughahhaha byeeeeeee"

#34 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,149 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

This leaves (in the original game) only Zangief and Dhalsim, who suck anyway.

WHAT

Haha, I was completely unable to do any charge moves until recently, too.
But since SSF2THDR I can do all those moves just fine :)

Haha, I knew someone would take offense to the Zangief+Dhalsim bashing.

Yes, that's just how the internet works. :P

I think Dhalsim is a pretty legit threat when playing to his strengths. I can't really vouch for Zangief, though; he still remains my go to character when I want to mess around with people.

I think Blanka is probably the most aggressive character in the game, moreso than Chun Li. Thoughts?

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#35 Fithos

Fithos

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

Hey Ashane, my mains are more or less the same as yours, Ryu, Ken and Fei Long, I go more with Fei Long on STHD cause I sense he's been beefed up a fair amount from his traditional ST incarnation but he still has a hard time with quick projectile users and zoners like Sagat and Dhalsim.

I want to get good with Sagat and Cammy, but I find Cammy to have so many limited gameplay options sometimes. But I might just go the extra mile and pour my blood, sweat and tears into getting good with her. I also wish she would sit on my face.

call me a noob, but what is crossup?

i.e. crossup roundhouse, st.fierce, fierce shoryuken (5 hits. Infamous "Touch of Death" combo)

i was never too great at any of the SF2 iterations because i only really played them when i was a kid, and of course doing flashy specials is way more important than learning the intricacies of each characters moves. this guide makes me want to fix that.

You jump over the opponent and attack as you're jumping in on top of them. If you do it right, they'll get confused and "crossed up" on which direction to block and you have a good chance of landing a hit.

Spook is right, but you can also do ground cross ups in certain games, ie in 3s you can do a "ground cross up" with specific characters during their quick wake up/roll animations just by dashing into their character sprites as they're getting up. I don't often see it used in match videos though.

#36 Zoast

Zoast

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:11 PM

Fithos, I'm sure zoast would definitely
be down for playing some games with you

yea absolutely! just post here if you want some matches / are getting on ggpo?

As for lag on GGPO, there's little to none at all. I'd say
once about every 5-7 matches there's one small lag fart that
lasts for about 0.5-3 seconds, and rarely lasts long. I can't
remember many instances where that threw off our game at
all though. What do you think zoast?

agreed, once you get it set up its great..

I'm pretty bad with gief too, but I think he's powerful in the hands of someone who has mastered the SPD (and its setups). I remember playing a very consistent zangief player not too long ago and it was frustrating trying to keep out of his grips.
.\|/.

#37 Ashane

Ashane

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,971 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

no kidding. good zangief players are fuckin scary. ill elaborate more once im on an actual computer. typing on an xbox pad sucks :P

| Ashane.net | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |

陸安生

Chinese Name: Lù Ān​shēng ("loo ahn-shung")

Means "peaceful land"

#38 Another Toad

Another Toad

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

Street Fighter II is indeed a great game / series of games, but there are a couple of things about Zangief that annoy me.

One, in The World Warrior, Zangief can't duck under Sagat's high fireballs. That's just lame.

And two, when I used to play against the CPU-controlled Zangief in the arcade version of Champion Edition, he would start going crazy with the spinning pile drivers near the end of the match. He could grab you from any point on the screen. It was like Capcom gave him a frickin' tractor beam or something!

Also, I don't understand why the tournament feature in the home versions of Super never appeared again in the games that followed. Once a feature is offered in a fighting game it should be available in any sequel.

#39 OptimusFunk

OptimusFunk

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

no kidding. good zangief players are fuckin scary. ill elaborate more once im on an actual computer. typing on an xbox pad sucks :P

try on a psp motherfucker!
Posted Image

#40 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,149 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:15 AM

try on a psp motherfucker!

Got you all beat- try on a Wiimote, suckas! Geo knows what I'm talking about...

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#41 slu973

slu973

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:34 AM

this thread should be stickied imo
blah

#42 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,149 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

Haha, it should be!

One thing that hasn't really been mentioned yet, is how much of a threat Snapple is at this game. Guy has serious combo skills, and can just keep you in block mode forever. Don't let this guy sneak up on you- he's deadly with Ken.

#43 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

read the whole topic.
Since it mentions that Ryu is slower than Ken and that Chun-Li has a fireball, the topic focuses on Hyper Fighting ?
Because, afaik, Ryu and Ken are equals on World Warrior, and Chun-Li, definitely doesn't have a fireball.

music :: blog :: shin_doraigo :: dods :: indieDB
Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

#44 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Nu-Shizz Grip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,410 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

Yep

This information of this largely pertains to Hyper Fighting (aka SF2 Turbo) since that's what most of us on here play.

I wanna play Snapple. Don't know why I haven't yet.

Name%20GIF.gif

Colin, Matsu, and I went to a Fat party where everyone was pretty fat and I went to get a beer and this fat girl sat between Colin and Matsu on the futon and she sank while they were boosted up.
That party also had Fat Kareshi and we were all excited so when we left I said "bye Fat Kareshi!!" and he was all like "huaghaughahhaha byeeeeeee"

#45 sparky

sparky

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

I use Zangief probably 90% of the time in this game. Most noobs fall for SPDs because they forget it exists, probably because a lot of people can't do it from a standing position. Epic spangderak matches between Zangief and Dhalsim are my favorite.

sig.jpg

My band Platypus Egg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users