Shizz Master Zero

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,385 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

Fuck these guys.
Posted Image
nfsw

You sir, are a sociopath who gets off of insulting other people. People such as you, regardless of talent or merrit are a blight upon this world and aren't worth a single milligram of oxygen. Do the world a favor and go hang yourself you miserable, insecure, magalomaniacal bottom feeder.

#2 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

srsly

also, :wub:

*i totally remember the Startropics thing

Hooky fuck I picked a great taco Bell. The woman at the front of the line is painstakingly asking every price, she just ordered a cheesy horror crunch with just cheese and sorcery nothing else, Questor with just beef nothing else, one soft Teddi with 3x cheese, double sour Satan, nothing else. Quivering now the man behind her orders a taxi BVSc to Yusuf Khan, two tweaks with dignity Leuven and no beef??? And a cheesy fissure crunch with extra extra Chertsey and chickenpox nothing else. Fucking hell people it's taco vein not your last meal on earth

#3 DeathMask

DeathMask

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

I don't need people telling me where to shoot or how puzzles should be solved.
emBDw7S.gif

The Death Bell Tolls in the Garden of Life: Speedrunning Blaster Master

Thrust Manticore and the Mask of Death

#4 SnappleMan

SnappleMan

Shizz Master Zero

• Banned
  • 5,385 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

srsly

also, :wub:

:wub:
Posted Image
nfsw

You sir, are a sociopath who gets off of insulting other people. People such as you, regardless of talent or merrit are a blight upon this world and aren't worth a single milligram of oxygen. Do the world a favor and go hang yourself you miserable, insecure, magalomaniacal bottom feeder.

#5 Norrin_Radd

Norrin_Radd

The Boob Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,116 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

The best case of this, ever:

Moon was showing me Star Tropics at PAX 08 or 07 because I'd never seen it before. Also joining us was someone on the shizz's friend that also came to PAX (I think it might have been Geo's friend). This guy was the biggest back seat gamer in the world. He was seriously nit picking the way Josh was doing everything, even though he was doing everything correctly, just not as uber efficient as possible. And this is all within the first dungeon.

It was getting to the point where it wasn't funny even. He just kept saying stuff, almost if he was insulted we didn't let him take the controller and show us the way, even though Josh is my friend, and he wanted to show me a game he enjoyed. The funniest thing is that Josh is actually really good at the game, and was kicking ass. Just not as much ass as this guy would. he was apparently the world's greatest Star Tropics player. <_<

After about 5 minutes of this, Josh dropped his controller and walked out of the room right in the middle of this guy talking, leaving me alone with him. Unbelievably, he didn't seem to realize what an idiot he had been acting like, because without missing a beat, he picked up the controller and started talking me through the game.

I was only really interested in hearing and seeing Josh play the game, so I walked away too, and he was left there playing Star Tropics by himself.

Worst backseat gamer ever.
NorrinRadd22 at gmail dot com
https://twitter.com/Norrin_Radd22
http://soundcloud.com/MattCreamer
Matt Creamer on Facebook

#6 SnappleMan

SnappleMan

Shizz Master Zero

• Banned
  • 5,385 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

Norrin, that story is EXACTLY what caused me to write this thread. Tina and I were talking about that guy from PAX and I felt compelled to fucking try and put an end to this shit.
Posted Image
nfsw

#7 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

kirby did this BIG TIME while bucky was playing through mega man x a few years ago at soloby's place. good GRIEF.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#8 Norrin_Radd

Norrin_Radd

The Boob Whisperer

• Members
  • 13,116 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

Norrin, that story is EXACTLY what caused me to write this thread. Tina and I were talking about that guy from PAX and I felt compelled to fucking try and put an end to this shit.

Hahaha, the legend of this man has spread that far? I am glad that someone acting like this is still worthy of discussion and prevention.

It was actually amazing to see how far this back seat gamer was taking it. Seriously, one of the only times I've ever seen josh not cheerful, if only for a moment.
NorrinRadd22 at gmail dot com
https://twitter.com/Norrin_Radd22
http://soundcloud.com/MattCreamer
Matt Creamer on Facebook

#9 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

this story is super familiar. was i there too, or did i just hear about it later?

i think it was the dude who had the sort-of dunk girlfriend that got less and less dunkable as time went on. i mean, take this near direct quote:

The first beer I ever had was Guinness, so I really can't drink anything but imports.

like, seriously?

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#10 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,733 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:38 PM

Why do we have to go and bring up all my horrible memories? :(

That guy was seriously a total dick and was completely cramping my style. +1 to everyone except for him. norg, you still friends with this guy? :lol:

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#11 MrBoglin

MrBoglin

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

When I was younger I hung out with these two brothers (relation, not black) who would like, every time you made a mistake or something, they were like, "why'd you do that?!" or "what are you doing?!" I have no idea how those guys are alive.

#12 Wizwars

Wizwars

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Sometimes backseat gaming is needed when you fucking suck at playing a game.

That said, I only backseat game when the above is applicable, or if there is a genuinely cool trick / tip / secret that the person obviously doesn't know about and I feel they should be enlightened. I'm hardly annoying about it and I appreciate others who do the same for me. Example: I wouldn't know half as much about Castlevania as I do if it wasn't for SSS Key teaching me tricks. And considering the dude has hacked the game a number of times and potentially has the speedrun record, I've always found it wise to listen.
my game boy music: http://wizwars.bandcamp.com /

#13 Dennis

Dennis

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

it's great when backseat gaming turns into front-seat gaming. especially for role playing games</sarcasm>

seriously, I remember when Final Fantasy X came out, I got a bit lost (at what part? I don't remember, but I digress!) so I asked a friend for help. So, he came over, and was gonna show me a bunch of "tricks" So over the course of the next hour or so, he got me past the part I was stuck at, then got into a game of blitzball. fair enough. i go to use the washroom. i come back, and the story has progressed and I don't know what's going on. So he says something along the lines of "oh don't worry, it's not important" so then i (foolishly) trust him and then the story goes on, and of course I am lost by this point. Pretty much an hour passes of traveling and talking to people (of course, zooming past all conversation because he deemed it "unnecessary"). Now, me, trying to be nice, I don't say anything, but I'm getting more and more mad at this, so I keep trying to be subtle, saying things like "ok, so I'd like to know what they're saying, and what's going on and stuff" and "so what's happening now? why are you going over there?" then he finally stops when he has to go and says something like "there, now you're up to speed and you should now be able to fight (some boss fight or something)." I smile a fake smile and say "great"

I tried picking the game up like, the next day, was totally lost and never picked it up again. I remember he phoned me like a week later asking something like "so did you beat the game yet?" and I was like "no, I was totally lost. thanks for blasting past all of the crucial storyline information leaving me with no hint as to where I was supposed to go. I have to start all over again." and his response was like, "oh... oh well, it's not like it's a very hard game"

I'm not friends with that guy anymore. This is just one instance of silliness, there were many many more, but yeah. good example of aggressive backseat gamer.

#14 mills

mills

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,568 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

When backseat gaming become loll

#15 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,465 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

I think I yell shit about how to play games when I'm drunk, but that's the most backseating I get.

mills: hahahaha, wtf, "if you die to one of those eat animals..."??!?

is that guy drunk too?

now I really wanna play or watch a speedrun of Super Metroid

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users