54 replies to this topic

#1 SnappleMan

SnappleMan

Shizz Master Zero

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,385 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

PUNCHFEST 17 is scheduled for SATURDAY MARCH 24nd ON MY BIRTHDAY (^_^) AT 2PM EST(11AM PST)!

THIS WEEKS THEME IS:

Posted Image

GAMES YOU GOT ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!! HOW FESTIVE ^_-

Originally Tibone had selected a fantastic theme for PUNCHFEST but I want to save that one for yet another time (SO SORRY TIBONE BUT IT'S MY BIRTHDAY CMON!!!!).

Basically any game that you got as a birthday present is good this month. Bonus points are given to those who can remember how old they were when they received the game. Games that you bought for yourself as birthday presents to yourself DO NOT COUNT!!!

"but snapplemen nobody ever loved me on birthdays I never got games as presents" - for you sorry SOBs christmas counts! (though you lose points for that)

"but snapplemen I never got any games as presents for any special occasion" - wait for punchfest 18.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW TO PUNCHFEST!? Basically it's a video game remix/arrangement/cover/yourmom contest that's held on the date above and follows the rules below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To participate, install an IRC client (mIRC works well) and come into #punchfest on irc.esper.net!

IF WE'RE GONNA PLAY THIS GAME, WE NEED SOME
RULES

- The time between now and PUNCHFEST is just so you can find a song you like. DO NOT START WORKING ON IT UNTIL THE PUNCHFEST BEGINS!
- You will have 6 hours to complete your song once we start. Do whatever you want once the thing starts, but when the 6 hour time limit is up you must have submitted something.
- You can use anything you want musically. Live instruments, just MIDI, trackers. Just make sure you submit an MP3 file of whatever it is you did.
- No minimum song length requirement.
- Submission is not anonymous!

VOTING
- Fuck voting. We all win for entering and having a blast as friends. <3 But each week we do decide on a winner based on whoever rocked the freshest.

{:-> BONUS <-:}
Double points are awarded to anyone who has a birthday this week!!! <333333
Posted Image
nfsw

You sir, are a sociopath who gets off of insulting other people. People such as you, regardless of talent or merrit are a blight upon this world and aren't worth a single milligram of oxygen. Do the world a favor and go hang yourself you miserable, insecure, magalomaniacal bottom feeder.

#2 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

shiiiit! my folks are coming to visit right in this time frame on Saturday.... BECAUSE MY !@$)(%* BIRTHDAY IS ON SUNDAY :angry: (I could tell them I need the extra time to work on my thesis and do punchfest instead, but then I'd feel like a super dick)

I can only think of one game I got on my birthday. I'm sure there were others, but I can only remember the one. It's something I would ordinarily never cover in a million years. If I get bored and somehow can spare a few hours, I might do it alone before Saturday and submit it as an ALT ^_^

#3 SnappleMan

SnappleMan

Shizz Master Zero

• Banned
  • 5,385 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

shiiiit! my folks are coming to visit right in this time frame on Saturday.... BECAUSE MY !@$)(%* BIRTHDAY IS ON SUNDAY :angry: (I could tell them I need the extra time to work on my thesis and do punchfest instead, but then I'd feel like a super dick)

I can only think of one game I got on my birthday. I'm sure there were others, but I can only remember the one. It's something I would ordinarily never cover in a million years. If I get bored and somehow can spare a few hours, I might do it alone before Saturday and submit it as an ALT ^_^

Since it is your birthday I will allow you to work on the song early, so pick a day from now till then where you can spare 6 hours, do your song and send it to me. I will include it with the other songs in the archive. Just try to make it for the listening party so you can hear it together with us. :)
Posted Image
nfsw

You sir, are a sociopath who gets off of insulting other people. People such as you, regardless of talent or merrit are a blight upon this world and aren't worth a single milligram of oxygen. Do the world a favor and go hang yourself you miserable, insecure, magalomaniacal bottom feeder.

#4 auriplane

auriplane

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

I'm trying to remember @_@;;

#5 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,905 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

I want to do this, but yes Saturday is not good for me this week. Can I too make a song early for you guys? Pretty please? Yesterday was my birfday, yo!

BRAINMEAT (and POWER METAL CHIPS) - My original metal and chiptune albums on Bandcamp (all free/name your price)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#6 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

hopefully I can actually spare some time... maybe I can do something on punchfest day after all... I'll just be limited to like an hour or so.

#7 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

{:-> BONUS <-:}
Double points are awarded to anyone who has a birthday this week!!! <333333

FUCK YEAH!!!

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#8 Akumu

Akumu

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

You know what game I got for my birthday?

Last Action Hero :(

ZbtmVjy.jpg

#9 bjkmenu

bjkmenu

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

won't be able to make it, but i will definitely listen late sunday night if a link to the songs is posted. have a great punchfest!

#10 finbeard

finbeard

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

oh fuckyeah this theme. this theme is the best theme.

also an early EARTH-SHATTERING HBD to my main homie snappleman B)

LONELYROLLINGSTARS MUSIC IS HERE

art is here

Finbread family estate.

#11 Brandon Strader

Brandon Strader

Shizz JediMaster

• Banned
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Dude I never got games for my birthday

Except Everquest

WORST Game for a birthday EVER.

I never even told my parents it had a monthly fee. Fuck that shit. Played it for like 5 minutes in offline tutorial mode.

#12 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,148 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu damnit it's kyra's last swimming lesson. i don't think i can get out of that. ):

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#13 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu damnit it's kyra's last swimming lesson. i don't think i can get out of that. ):

Awww....adorable.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#14 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

I just did a quick scan through this list for games released in january, february and march to remind myself of games I got for my birthday. Since my brother and I got all the great fall games as christmas presents, I was always left with mostly oddball games as birthday presents in March. I remembered 3 additional games after looking at the list. Now I have 4 to choose from ... or frankenmix. The first game I remembered was actually a December game, but Nintendo Power didn't cover it until January or February, so I didn't know to get it until my BD.

#15 Prince Uf Darkness

Prince Uf Darkness

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Well, since we have the issue of the SnappleBan, I have been tasked to make sure this thread stays alive until Saturday. I wont be there for the actual event, so I'll have to do mine tomorrow. It's going to be embarassing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users