9 replies to this topic

#1 Mike456

Mike456

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

Have any of you bros played this yet? I've been thinking about scooping it up, but I've heard next to nothing about it. Maybe if there's enough of us playing online we can start a lil' gang.

tumblr_mdva0e9g8U1qzylvvo8_250.gif

#2 Bonkers

Bonkers

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,320 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

I want to play it. But alas no money and time.

It's apparently uses a constant online world like Demon Souls and Dark Souls did!
bonker2s.gifPSYMAN

#3 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,296 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

I would almost buy it on the strength of my nerd boner for From Software right now.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#4 Ranger-X

Ranger-X

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,993 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

Huh, I didn't know it was out, and I'm a huge AC fan. I'll probably get it soon, I really want to see how the MMO aspect of it works out! What I've seen of it reminds me a lot of what I liked about the old Mech Warrior games.

#5 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,296 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Huh, I didn't know it was out, and I'm a huge AC fan. I'll probably get it soon, I really want to see how the MMO aspect of it works out!

If the online play is like Dark Souls, then it's not gonna be like an MMO, I can tell you that much.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#6 Ranger-X

Ranger-X

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,993 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

It's not like Dark Souls, I don't think, though I've never played that game. Apparently it's like this: you join a clan or league of sorts, and do missions with them to advance the story. You can also just join random people. What I got out of video reviews is that 1) it requires a LOT of time to really get much out of the game, and 2) the story itself is pretty generic. So, I don't think I'll be getting it...these days I only play games casually, and if the single player isn't that great (most people say it's not), then it's not worth it to me. The plot in V is a continuation of 4 and For Answer, which is an instant turnoff for me, because those games were so boring after a few missions that I didn't bother playing through them to get the whole story. It's a sad day when you decide not to get the latest game in what was previously one of your favorite series :(

#7 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,298 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

It's not like Dark Souls, I don't think, though I've never played that game. Apparently it's like this: you join a clan or league of sorts, and do missions with them to advance the story. You can also just join random people. What I got out of video reviews is that 1) it requires a LOT of time to really get much out of the game, and 2) the story itself is pretty generic. So, I don't think I'll be getting it...these days I only play games casually, and if the single player isn't that great (most people say it's not), then it's not worth it to me. The plot is a continuation of 4 and For Answer, which is an instant turnoff for me. It's a sad day when you decide not to get the latest game in what was previously one of your favorite series :(

That sounds like how Konami handles the online component of MGS: Peace Walker.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#8 Bonkers

Bonkers

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,320 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

From what I understood you can play offline with bots too or something, and besides it's Armored Core. Armored Core has never been about strong story, at least in my experiences.

ALSO: MGSPW comment, if you had played the online portion of MGS4, trust me it's way worse off than PW.
bonker2s.gifPSYMAN

#9 Ranger-X

Ranger-X

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,993 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

I disagree personally...the whole conspiracy theory / unknown enemy aspect of the plot in 3 and Silent Line was a huge part of why I played those games. I loved reading new emails, and being able to choose which companies I worked for. The voice acting wasn't great, but there was a strong sense of purpose. I didn't get that same feeling from 4, and I doubt 5 is any better. I think they're trying to appeal to a new generation of gamers, but failing. I might still get it anyway...just to make sure I'm not wrong about it.

#10 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 16,296 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

I loved reading new emails, and being able to choose which companies I worked for.

Totally agree with this. It was one of the main things that kept me playing the first Armored Core. It was a clever way to tell a story, and a little outside of the norm.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users