#2 Scaredsim - Crusader of Centy - Where is my damn dog! - good -0.13
#3 pingosimon - Final Fantasy 6 - Slam Shuffle - good -0.13
#4 Brandon Strader - Castlevania 2 - David's Quest - above average +0.41
#5 Careless Juja - Snailiad - Seinsnaild - above average -0.02
#6 DragnBreth - Final Fantasy 7, 9 - Gotta Catch a Flight - above average -0.05
#7 Garpocalypse - Skies of Arcadia - ValHorteka - above average -0.28
#8 Ryan8bit - Dragon Quest 5 - Forsaken Home - above average -0.38
#9 J Slutty - Fester's Quest - Overworld - average +0.41
#10 Omigadrive - Star Ocean 2 - Sung Hyung Cho Presents "Full Metal Village" - average +0.4
#11 tibone - Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord - Totally not TownsMANN's song - average -0.08
Voters: 11

The re-tagged songs are being uploaded now. The site, as usual, will be updated over the course of tonight and tomorrow. I mean sure I could just get it over with now, and not annoy Crimson...or, I could watch the heck out of some animes. Crimson vs. anime, I think we all know which one is more important.

This next month is a Free Month!
Posted Image

Songs will be due on Friday July 27 at 9 PM Eastern US Time!

#2 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Judge Dredd, Motherfucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,025 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

omg 1st

huh1.gif

#3 Garpocalypse

Garpocalypse

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Some surprises but most of my guesses were right. Biggest surprise being no one likes freaking folk metal? maybe just not my freaking folk metal :(

Good month. I'll get you next month strader. :)
(unattainable goals are the best kind)

Just wondering if anyone realized a VST was used for the guitars in mine. No one pointed out that the guitars sounded faked so maybe i can get MoR to work for me afterall :)

Little typo around place #7 btw

#4 FoxxDragon

FoxxDragon

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Surprises all around!
Awesome Job Hope Fails, I listened to that one a few times and it definitely stood out.
ScaredSim is just a jerk for being so SHORT, but man that was great.
PINGO! You are Hat's new challenger. Nice job!
Strader.. Didgeridoo? hilarious, man.

Everyone else, good stuff. It's been a long time since i'd consider any songs truly "bad". So keep it up, guys! :)

This banner is silly and stupid because I wanted a change of pace, and, I didn't want to be late again. :D

CDSig.jpg

LOL I am so busy I can't even update my Signature of Things I did. SAAAAAAAAAAAD.
CD Art, Banners, Logos, Graphics, Illustrations, and so on. Want something? hit me up.
Website!:LightningArts.com
My Day Job is a 3d animator for videogames mostly: 3d Animation Demo Reel

See New art before it's released!: Right here

#5 Mega Sackman

Mega Sackman

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Nice results, the first four songs are my favourites, i voted for Brandon's song as the best but the first three songs are pretty good too. :)

#6 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

Oh man without computer I haven't been checking DoD. Can't believe Scaredism did Crusader of Centy! I love that game! Best Zelda clone on the Genesis!

astroman.gif Dj5ZiPN.png

#7 Brandon Strader

Brandon Strader

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Thanks Mega Sackman :)

I should be happy to get 4th especially with how amazing the competition was, but I can't help but still feel dissatisfied with my skills. I guess that's the thing that keeps people pushing forwards though, so I welcome it.

ALSO I made this song for my Dad's birthday.

That's why it is called David's Quest.

And the didgeridoo isn't a comedy instrument! Why is everyone LAUGHING!

#8 Demonstray

Demonstray

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,109 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

Just wondering if anyone realized a VST was used for the guitars in mine. No one pointed out that the guitars sounded faked so maybe i can get MoR to work for me afterall :)

Don't get into the habit of replacing guitars with virtual instruments, because it always sounds fake. Especially electric guitars. And fake sounds terrible. VST realism is a very specific science, and it's kept to orchestral instruments and keyboard instruments for a reason.

Acoustic guitar VST instruments can't replicate the sounds of a guitarist playing his instrument, and it's a whole lot harder to apply realism to electric guitar through VSTs.

I made a habit in the past of pointing out the concentrated awful contained by the idea of virtual guitars, but I've said it in enough DoD chat logs that if I kept having to do it, I'd be the worst Shizzie ever. :P

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#9 Bonkers

Bonkers

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

Synth Guitars or BUST.
bonker2s.gifPSYMAN

#10 Juja

Juja

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:44 AM

Holy crap, we took 5th? That's pretty damn good. Thanks a lot to everybody for giving our song a good rating. Is there a chat log for the listening party? I'd like to see any criticisms about our song and also what people might have liked about it.

Nice job, Brandon. Your song was my personal favorite this month. Fester's Quest was a close second for me (I rated it almost as high as Brandon's). Slam Shuffle is also some sweet ass, so it definitely deserved to rank up so high. Those are my personal top 3 for the month, and I also loved the FFVI alt.

#11 Omigadrive

Omigadrive

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:54 AM

Whoo! Actually finished.

A part of me was worried that my song wouldn't actually count as Garpocalypse pointed out since I think the only real town theme in there is the first part of the song from the town of Harley. The bulk of it is the L'aqua music which is technically a military base filled with NPC's (Haven't finished SO2 yet so all I've seen is that it's basically a town anyway) and the last part is the night theme from Arlia which is more of a cutscene in a town thing than the actual town theme.

Still, it was fun to do and our bass player did the bass track. I'm hoping from now on I can actually get the full band involved in our DoD entries rather than just a member here and there, just got to get some more mics so I can the drummer miced up :D

#12 Brandon Strader

Brandon Strader

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:44 AM

I had a weak snare?! People need to make up their minds, I get bullied for having loud and compressed drums so I pull back on the drums and now i have a WEAK SNARE? I feel like my manhood is being called into question here

#13 Paragon

Paragon

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,274 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:51 AM

Despite the tiny penis and weak snare, I liked your song best Mr. Strader.

I also felt that Omigadrive scored a little too low, but maybe I'm biased over the use of Star Ocean 2 music.

#14 Omigadrive

Omigadrive

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

Despite the tiny penis and weak snare, I liked your song best Mr. Strader.

:lol:

And yeah, SO2 music is fantastic. One of the best soundtracks around I think.

#15 auriplane

auriplane

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

Synth Guitars or BUST.

BUST please!

BTW, Slam Shuffle is spelled スラム・シャッフル on the soundtrack, so I always wondered if it was supposed to be SLUM Shuffle. I mean, Zozo's a slummy place, right? It's got SLAM dancers, but in Japanese they're Veil Dancers.

I think SLUM SHUFFLE was the best track this month.

Juja!! The snaily song made me really happy! I was wandering around with a big goofy smile for a while :-D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users