113 replies to this topic

#1 BornInCrimson

BornInCrimson

King of The Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,347 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

#1 Prince of Darkness, Kyle Etges, Mark Kinz - Castlevania 1 & 3 - Swinglevania - incredible -0.27
#2 SnappleMan - Goemon's Great Adventure - Burning my Mannly Soul - good +0.22
#3 finbeard, nguyendoes - Goemon - Ganbare GoeMANN: Mystical Love Machine - good +0.11
#4 Wild_Cat, Hattori Hanzo, CarboHydroM - Sparkster - Trinity Rush - good +0.03
#5 NesTalgia - TMNT Tournament Fighters - TMNT Tournament Fighters Cover - good -0.21
#6 M-H, Rize - Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of the Super Heroes - Crossover Combo - good -0.28
#7 housethegrate, Ashane - Madara - One Golt Coin - good -0.38
#8 Aktula - Azure Dreams - House of the Rising Hero - good -0.38
#9 Ryan8bit - Strider - The World Needs a Hiryu - good -0.4
#10 Demonstray, MichaelTheCrow - Mega Man Legends - Get Me a Flutter For My Gesselschaft - good -0.44
#11 Careless Juja w/ Lauren "Flutely" Liebowitz - VIDEO ENTRY - CapcoMedley - good -0.47
#12 Brandon Strader - The Grinch - Whovian Waltz - above average +0.47
#13 auriplane - Jackal - Tankin' - above average +0.43
#14 thesamareye - Mega Man 3 - Wily's Demise - above average +0.41
#15 Dusk - Sparkster - Rawk-It Night - above average +0.3
#16 Hat - SF2, MM2 - You Guys Pho King Asked For It - above average +0.28
#17 clansmaneddie - Suikoden 2 - Distant Shadow - above average +0.27
#18 Tuberz McGee - MGS, Contra, CV, TMNT3, TMNT4, MM2, SF2 - Tuberz McGee - above average -0.01
#19 Dennis - Symphony of the Night - Dale's Pants - above average -0.09
#20 Jason Vincion - Goonies - The Password Is Booty Traps - above average -0.16
#21 norg - Rush N Attack - No Mann Left Behind - above average -0.19
#22 DrumUltimA - Okami - Dog - above average -0.26
#23 Shoe - Gradius 3 - Firekettle - above average -0.34
#24 Garpocalypse - Helion - Cyberbots-When Metal Falls From the Sky - average +0.33
#25 Max Sparks - Symphony of the Night - Drac's Cats - average +0.27
#26 cacomistle - Chip n Dale's Rescue Rangers - Dippenchales - average -0.16
#27 tibone - Section Z - Star COMMANDO - average -0.36
#28 Holmepupyz - MGS, SF2 - Snake, the Family Man - below average +0.46
#29 GRUZDEAZ - Mega Man - I Have Lots of GUTS - bad +0.05
Voters: 24

I'll scan the voting sheets and reviews when I return.

This month is a free month!

Banner was drawn LIVE at Magfest by FoxxDragon and Ryan8bit. Songs due Jan 27th at 11:59 PM Pacific time, that Sunday night.

Posted Image

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Jyqfuta.gif

#2 Brandon Strader

Brandon Strader

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Not bad not bad, I think I told Crimson I'd be placed something like 27th place... It's kinda cool to be #12, it's not in the top 10, but I know MAG months are always full of awesome stuff. And honestly it's good to be colored green and "above average" which I feel kinda shines truthful.. not trying to sound like an arrogant twat or anything, I just think I did something that is less common on DoD and as a result it is different from the average DoD enter, not neccesarily BETTER, just different.

I wrote it while at work and I skipped sleep the day before MAG to make sure I could record it. Didn't have all the time in the world and I haven't even listened to it since I finished it, but I remember it being pretty cool. A lot of stuff was left out due to time constraints and I plan to add those extra source melodies. I think OCR-wise it has enough source but it's less obvious, more rhythm-based source, so yeah.

The full title is Whovian Waltz (Ending Theme). I don't understand why that part was omitted from the listing. The concept of Ending Theme is not that it would be the final song of DoD or anything weird like that, I intended it more as the end of a period of time, end of an era, however you want to put it... this is my ending theme for 2012 in a way and I finished it on 1/1/13. It's my first song of 2013.

Anyway that's more than anyone ever wanted to know about my song. I'm still looking forward to listening to the entries when I get on decent internet at home tomorrow. If anyone's sticking around until the 7th here at the Gaylord, hit me up.

Crimson sticky this thread you lazy slut! Maybe y'all should give me exclusive rights on this forum to sticky and unsticky DoD threads based on their relevance. This drives me crazy. :lol:

#3 Prince Uf Darkness

Prince Uf Darkness

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Fuck I was trashed for the results. Anybody wanna remind me what happened?

#4 Brandon Strader

Brandon Strader

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Fuck I was trashed for the results. Anybody wanna remind me what happened?

I actually listened to your song here at the Gaylord (because like an idiot i am still here all alone after everyone left)

It's really fucking good.

It kinda meanders near the end and I know I said before I kinda don't like the stuff you've done where it gets too flashy, and while I think this is kinda flashy it's done in a more tasteful way, maybe due to being swing. I hope this isn't all coming out sounding like a burn, heh. The song was really damn good and I liked it even though you've made it clear to me that I am just a piece of meat whose boobs you can slap any time you want.

#5 Juja

Juja

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Holy crap. I don't know how we ranked that high. Thank you to everybody that gave us a decent rating.

Why was Tuberz McGee's track called Tuberz McGee? That had to have been an accident.

I'm going to feel like a jerk ass if this isn't the case, but that Guts Man song was a joke entry, right? Auriplane and I were guessing that it was probably SnappleMan or something, so is GRUZDEAZ an alias for somebody?

#6 Tuberz McGee

Tuberz McGee

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Why was Tuberz McGee's track called Tuberz McGee? That had to have been an accident.

Probably some form of mistake. I went back and checked the email to ensure it wasn't mine... it wasn't.
But I'm not pointing fingers. It was a mistake after all. We're all human.

I'm just glad to have placed 18th. The same as last year's MAG month. :) I hope I can shift to 17th by next year. Haha

#7 M-H

M-H

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Congrats to everybody! I can't wait to actually take a listen to everything. It's been a very busy few weeks for me. Glad I was able to contribute something.

Rize was a joy to work with, and is an excellent player. If anyone's curious, my rhythm guitar is on the left, he's on the right, and the leads are reversed (my lead guitar's on the right, he's on the left). This was a very fun entry to make. Pretty sure this is the highest I've ever placed for a Mag month. Also pretty sure Rize had a lot to do with it.
BRAINMEAT - My original metal album on Bandcamp (free)
[size=2]SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#8 auriplane

auriplane

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Final mix of Jackal stage two, in case anyone wants it:

^-^

#9 Rize

Rize

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,118 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

M-H, likewise, it was great working with you! Thanks for sharing so much of the credit with me, but I really feel like this mix was more your your doing. If we called it a 60/40 m-h/rize split that might be generous. You picked the game and songs, did the arrangement, the sequencing, mixing, mastering and no less of the guitar parts than I did. It is also my highest placing mag entry so I guess we successfully combined our powers :D

PuD: congrats. You actually got me to dance. I hear there is a video floating around... I apologize to everyone in advance for my complete lack of dancing ability :lol:

To everyone else, I'm looking forward to a second listen of every thing and hopefully can comment later. I'm pretty sure my drunken ramblings on the score sheets won't be worth much.

#10 FoxxDragon

FoxxDragon

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Just wanted to thank everyone for entering last month. I can't wait to PROPERLY listen to everything on headphones or my own crisp 5.1 speakers. There was maybe 2 I ranked "bad" and in the past those have been actually GREAT once i get to hear them right. So yeah, excited.

Also: thanks for NOT burying us in CV and Megaman. I told crimson that was going to happen.. and I'm THRILLED to be wrong! :)

Again.. Ryan? Fuck you and your careful napkin drawings. =D

CDSig.jpg

LOL I am so busy I can't even update my Signature of Things I did. SAAAAAAAAAAAD.
CD Art, Banners, Logos, Graphics, Illustrations, and so on. Want something? hit me up.
Website!:LightningArts.com
My Day Job is a 3d animator for videogames mostly: 3d Animation Demo Reel

See New art before it's released!: Right here

#11 Mirby

Mirby

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

So that's who did what...

also that dance party to Swinglevania was friggin' hilarious. so glad i got in on that XD

and if there's a video of it like Rize says there is, I can't wait to see that.

mirbsig.gif
Mirby Studios | Now Taking Commissions! | Games I've Beaten

No degree of terror can deter me from consuming watermelons.

None.

#12 CarboHydroM

CarboHydroM

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Yay ! I'm a bit envious towards Wild_Cat because he could actually be there and got all the fun for the three of us, but then again, he well deserved it :)
For some reason, Hattori Hanzo could not post yet, his forum status is still validating, so for those who wonder, he's the other guitarist of my local band, and as he always wanted to rock on video game music, he joined Wild_Cat and I. That was a great collab' my friends !

Congrats PuD and teammates ! That was yet again one hell of song ! When I heard the first seconds of Black Swing Awesomeness, I could not help but smile while imagining all the guys in the listening party dancing like last year :D
Great job Snapple too, and sorry for my lame references, but with such good style merge, you could take the job of Naruto soundtrack composer anytime !

Thanks to everybody who entered, I really missed the competition !

CHM

#13 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • 11,658 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

To get your friend on, I'd suggest PM'ing raub directly: http://theshizz.org/...03-raubhimself/

As for wild_cat having all the fun, now you have no excuses for not showing up yourself next year!

T-Square_Bulbasaur_Bowie_zps3zwvagzu.jpg

#14 CarboHydroM

CarboHydroM

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

To get your friend on, I'd suggest PM'ing raub directly: http://theshizz.org/...03-raubhimself/

As for wild_cat having all the fun, now you have no excuses for not showing up yourself next year!

Thanks for the piece of advice, I just wrote to him.

As for next year, it's all a matter of money and promises I've made and that I need to keep, but I'll definitely do my best to show up. :)

CHM

#15 Emptyeye

Emptyeye

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

So, important question:

The winner of this month gets these awesome napkin drawings, right?

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users