raubhimself's Content

There have been 275 items by raubhimself (Search limited from 25-March 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1396738 Depression And Other Social Issues

Posted by raubhimself on Yesterday, 05:50 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Sorry to hear that dude. I can't imagine how hard that was to deal with :(

#1396691 MAGWest 2019

Posted by raubhimself on 22 March 2019 - 11:56 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Sure I'll be there.

#1396450 11:60

Posted by raubhimself on 15 March 2019 - 09:10 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Achewood is so good that I got a tattoo of Roast Beef and Ray.

#1396444 11:60

Posted by raubhimself on 15 March 2019 - 03:19 PM in Minibosses Message Board

How could I forget Funny Webcomic? That one is clearly the best.

It's fine.

#1396325 11:60

Posted by raubhimself on 12 March 2019 - 10:16 AM in Minibosses Message Board

I've been meaning to deal with it for a while, but, you know... 

#1396319 Bit Brigade (+Double Ferrari) "The Next Tour" Tour Spring 2019

Posted by raubhimself on 12 March 2019 - 09:35 AM in Minibosses Message Board

Even though you aren't coming anywhere near me, I'll help out your title.

#1396318 Official Nintendo switch thread

Posted by raubhimself on 12 March 2019 - 09:32 AM in Minibosses Message Board

Man, I want to understand how y'all can deal with the voice acting/afterthought-story in Octopath. Even with the audio set to Japanese, I just couldn't handle that biz.

The number of games that I think have an actual good story I can probably count on one hand, so it's basically a non-factor in most games for me. But I'd much rather have extremely basic story like in Octopath (<villain> did bad thing, I must find <villain>) than more "classic" JRPG nonsense with life streams, time travel, pseudo-religious/science babble, etc.

#1396278 Official Nintendo switch thread

Posted by raubhimself on 11 March 2019 - 03:48 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Have you unlocked any of the class shrines yet? Not sure how far along you are but sounds like you are far enough. I'm on the chapter 3 of each character I think, so not super far, but not at the beginning either. 

For bosses I have found:

- Everyone has to be able to hit a boss weakness. If someone can't, they are probably useless. 

- Run down the boss shield as fast as possible, the time when they are stunned is more defensive than offensive. Use that time to heal, buff, debuff, etc.

- However, try to be strategic about when you break the boss. I usually try to have one person be the nuke, usually either Tressa with Scholar (she can cast for half MP!) or Cyrus for doing max BP spells, but any thief HP steal / SP steal or apothecary Amputate can work well in a pinch. Be aware of turn order and try to buff your nuke character(s) before you break the boss, and debuff the boss as well. A scholar is a good nuke because they can get away with two attacks on shields without using BP, and thus can save up for the big nuke attack. Thieves can get away with this too if the boss is weak to daggers, and SP thief is often self-sustaining meaning you get more SP than you spend to use it but you get two attacks on a shield. 

- Tressa's hired help skill should not be underestimated. The cheapest one gives you a nice defense buff for 1-2 turns that can help from having to heal so often.

#1396134 Dragon Quest

Posted by raubhimself on 08 March 2019 - 10:30 AM in Minibosses Message Board

As much as I loved DQ11, I just don't have the time or energy to sink another 100+ hours into the game. I really wish they'd announce these 'definitive' additions ahead of time so I'd know to just wait on it. Guess I'll just be watching the new stories on youtube...

Yeah, I was originally going to wait for the Switch version but everything I could find basically said the Switch version will perform slightly worse and come out long after the PS4 version. Had I known it would have all this extra stuff, maybe I would have waited.

#1396015 CRT gamers unite!

Posted by raubhimself on 05 March 2019 - 09:23 AM in Minibosses Message Board

hey there  :wub:

g30555N8500-o_other30.jpg

#1395842 Harden The Fuck Up February

Posted by raubhimself on 01 March 2019 - 09:20 AM in Minibosses Message Board

I did not have a mental break down but the next two weeks could change that.

#1395711 Donald Trump Is Your New President.

Posted by raubhimself on 27 February 2019 - 11:52 AM in Minibosses Message Board

Anything from Project Veritas is not credible. 

#1395557 PC gaming

Posted by raubhimself on 22 February 2019 - 12:13 PM in Minibosses Message Board

It's crazy to me to remember how old I thought NES and SNES stuff was in the early days of Nesticle, ZSNES, Snes9x, etc. Like, I think I was 13 or 14 in 1998 the first time I saw Nesticle, and I was like WOW I can play all these OLD AS DIRT games! But like the NES was my only system just 3 or so years prior. 

I can't fathom today that a game from three years ago could be considered ancient history to me.

#1395547 The All Inclusive Metal Thread

Posted by raubhimself on 22 February 2019 - 09:41 AM in Minibosses Message Board

https://thesanhedrin...um/the-poisoner

#1395466 PC gaming

Posted by raubhimself on 20 February 2019 - 09:23 AM in Minibosses Message Board

Dusk is really fun. I've only played the first episode but it's SO fast. There were definitely a few secrets I couldn't figure out right away, maybe I'll go back to someday, probably not. I do like how relatively short it is. 

#1395431 Official Nintendo switch thread

Posted by raubhimself on 19 February 2019 - 09:47 AM in Minibosses Message Board

Not sure if you're aware who KevinDDR is, but he's a bonafide Tetris Grandmaster. 

#1395429 What games are you playing now?

Posted by raubhimself on 19 February 2019 - 09:44 AM in Minibosses Message Board

I only played it on my original GBA before I got one of those battery-draining worm light things that really just puts a glare on the screen more than helps light up the game. Someday I may play it on an emulator or something.

#1395342 Movies

Posted by raubhimself on 16 February 2019 - 07:52 PM in Minibosses Message Board

watched "hunt for the wilderpeople" and i loved it. probably because i also love me some taika waititi but also because quirky odd couple comedy full of not dark laughs about normally dark subjects

Yeah! That movie is great.

#1395338 Street Cleaner -High Voltage Tour-

Posted by raubhimself on 16 February 2019 - 01:42 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Why do all you fuckers think coming through Phoenix in the middle of the summer is a good idea?

#1395169 Official Attack Attack discussion thread

Posted by raubhimself on 11 February 2019 - 12:15 PM in Minibosses Message Board

It's so sick, man. It's outta sight!

#1395143 The Official Kickstarter Thread

Posted by raubhimself on 10 February 2019 - 03:12 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Nebs 'n Debs cart showed up today, just a few hours ahead of the Seattle snowpocalypse. Perfect timing.

I got mine and my NES Maker back to back days. But my AVS is busted and I've been meaning to send it back for over a year. 

#1394923 11:60

Posted by raubhimself on 04 February 2019 - 12:07 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Google is probably reading your inputs no matter what but if you search for things in an incognito tab it won't get aggregated into your general search profile. 

#1394922 Secret Shizzie gift exchange 2018!

Posted by raubhimself on 04 February 2019 - 12:06 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Yes.

Also Raub -- you found the Steam card too?

I did not! Luckily I still have all the packaging. Dang!

#1394896 Secret Shizzie gift exchange 2018!

Posted by raubhimself on 03 February 2019 - 06:45 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Oops maybe I shouldn't have included the note...

#1394869 Secret Shizzie gift exchange 2018!

Posted by raubhimself on 03 February 2019 - 09:14 AM in Minibosses Message Board

I walked outside last night and was surprised to find a package hiding on my porch!

3CLjzPX.jpg?1

The Nintento Comics System looks heavily inspired by the cartoons. It's real thick and I think it's a collection from the individual series' that Valiant was putting out at the time, although the Captain N stuff must have been a preview based on the ads for it inside. There's even a Punch Out comic in there. The Game Boy one looks really interesting because from leafing through it it seems like it's mostly about a girl talking to an older man about her Game Boy, and they may or may not go to space. It kind of reminds me of some RadioShack Tandy Computer comics I had when I was a kid. 

Thanks, Wozz!