raubhimself's Content

There have been 264 items by raubhimself (Search limited from 24-May 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1400184 guitarra

Posted by raubhimself on Today, 09:48 AM in Minibosses Message Board

https://twitter.com/...3991212032?s=20[/size]

this is my guitar life for the past 10 years[/size]

then i look at my exercise equipment, and ive learned my lesson

Eyyyyyyyy

Yeah, I have been thinking I want some sort of Tele Deluxe, not necessarily a strict Tele or Fender, but some sort of Tele-like with humbuckers. But then I was looking around and saw the G&L Fallout and thought damn that is pretty cool, I bet if I bought one it would totally rekindle my guitar playing spark!

#1400061 Official Nintendo switch thread

Posted by raubhimself on 22 May 2019 - 09:32 AM in Minibosses Message Board

i see BROTHERS: A TALE OF TWO SONS is coming to switch next week in case any of you havent played it and want to experience something that i feel is a true video game piece of art (and also the saddest game i have ever personally played through)

It is very gut wrenching and I had to call my brother after playing it

Third'd this game is a gut punch but really good. I really enjoy whatever the genre is of short, forward-moving, you-can't-really-lose type games like Brothers, Journey, Abzu, etc. Sometimes they are not very memorable but I still vividly remember things about Brothers from playing it like 6 years ago.

#1399982 11:60

Posted by raubhimself on 21 May 2019 - 05:08 PM in Minibosses Message Board

5RoK0Mv.gif

#1399953 Official Nintendo switch thread

Posted by raubhimself on 21 May 2019 - 10:37 AM in Minibosses Message Board

Yes, I think that is a fairly common problem with an older version of the pro controller. It's like the sensitivity for "up" is the majority of the arc between left and right on the d-pad. 

#1399840 Daemon9623 Tribute Collaboration - Goonies 2 Theme

Posted by raubhimself on 19 May 2019 - 04:56 PM in Minibosses Message Board

I added a guitar part. I kept it through a clean amp sim but you can do whatever with it. I haven't played guitar in over a year and kept putting this off until today...

#1399690 KDB Tour 2019

Posted by raubhimself on 16 May 2019 - 06:23 PM in Minibosses Message Board

You can swing through PHX on the way back from TN and TX.

#1399611 Criss Angel MINDFREAK

Posted by raubhimself on 15 May 2019 - 01:30 PM in Minibosses Message Board

#1399475 Pop Songs That are Actually Pretty Legit

Posted by raubhimself on 13 May 2019 - 02:30 PM in Minibosses Message Board

So I'll start with an obvious (to me) track, or at least one that I keep hearing mentioned lately - Toxic by Britney Spears. I've always thought the instrumentation on this one - the strings, nasty synths, spy guitar, etc - was really cool, and maybe even a little ahead of it's time.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ImxOf2bVjYc

Britney Spears is pretty great.

https://www.chromelo...ideo) - jmr.mp4

#1399458 Official Nintendo switch thread

Posted by raubhimself on 13 May 2019 - 11:30 AM in Minibosses Message Board

I finished Picross S3 and Golf Peaks this weekend. Picross was mostly more of the same, as expected, but the color mode was a pretty neat addition. Golf Peaks was pretty short but it was on sale for a few bucks so it's fine. Really fun little puzzle game.

#1399320 Official Nintendo switch thread

Posted by raubhimself on 10 May 2019 - 08:38 PM in Minibosses Message Board

I beat Yoshi's Crafted World the other day. Overall I don't think it was as good as Wooly World. The overall aesthetic was way cuter and just looked very neat. The soundtrack was a huge let down though. Wooly World has an incredible soundtrack but this one was pretty much just variations on the same theme in every level. The levels themselves were pretty cool, and the bosses were really fun. It's not really hard but it is kind of challenging in a satisfying way. You can also play every level backwards after you beat it, with the goal of getting Poochy pups to follow you to the end goal. Since you are going through the level in reverse, you're looking at the backside of the level which is really neat considering the paper craft style of the game.

#1399129 Daemon Memories thread

Posted by raubhimself on 08 May 2019 - 02:23 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Thank you for educating us about Quark's bar.

#1399054 Daemon9623 Tribute Collaboration - Goonies 2 Theme

Posted by raubhimself on 07 May 2019 - 02:42 PM in Minibosses Message Board

I would love to hear a version that is pretty much just everything mashed together more or less as-is. I know it would be a mess but it would be entertaining to hear.

#1399050 Daemon Memories thread

Posted by raubhimself on 07 May 2019 - 01:59 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Your wardrobe style was top notch!

#1399022 Daemon9623 Tribute Collaboration - Goonies 2 Theme

Posted by raubhimself on 07 May 2019 - 09:36 AM in Minibosses Message Board

I will pick up my guitar.

#1398882 Daemon's Memorial Travel Thread

Posted by raubhimself on 05 May 2019 - 12:56 AM in Minibosses Message Board

This is the best worst magfest ever.

#1398805 ErichWK - MOTHER FUCKING EARTHBOUND

Posted by raubhimself on 03 May 2019 - 02:58 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Bummer, I just got back to my desk and the vinyl is sold out :(

its not!!

https://www.debugrecords.com/

#1398791 ErichWK - MOTHER FUCKING EARTHBOUND

Posted by raubhimself on 03 May 2019 - 02:15 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Bummer, I just got back to my desk and the vinyl is sold out :(

#1398752 Donald Trump Is Your New President.

Posted by raubhimself on 03 May 2019 - 09:41 AM in Minibosses Message Board

Veg you say you haven't really encountered racists... can you recognize them? Remember when the POTUS called a Klan rally in Carolina, 'very fine people' or whatever? Because he's pandering the literal Ku Klux Klan members. He also panders to climate change deniers... while he builds seawalls around his own properties... preparing for climate change is a national security issue so he's potentially undermining the safety and prosperity of his nation by denying it and attempting to be the guy that gets a second term... I don't know if he's guilty of election tampering, but he's guilty of being completely out of touch with reality, or he knows but doesn't care and is being deceptive, it shouldn't just be when your hand is on the bible that you tell the truth if you are responsible for your nation.
https://www.theatlan...m-share/579190/ <- "What climate change deniers and racism share"

Yes I heard about the Carolina thing, and why I didn't really mind the "fine people on both sides" because of this statement he also made:

“You’re changing history. You’re changing culture, and you had people—and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, OK? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.”

What he is doing there is literally giving a pass to a large swath of white supremacists. Anyone that was marching along side the neo-Nazis or KKK that day is on their side, they just don't have the courage to wear their true colors. There's many shades of grey, and being racist doesn't mean you wear Nazi symbols or a Klan hood. What trump is saying is that anyone who did not go to that extreme is fine, and that moves the needle for what is considered acceptable further towards the extreme. 

You cannot march beside a neo-Nazi and say you're not a racist. 

You are wrong about letting people say what they want to say. World War 2 proves you wrong. The decline of Milo and Alex Jones, etc, proves you wrong. I'm not saying the government needs to censor these people but letting them say their bullshit with no negative reaction or consequences only legitimizes it. I don't know if you are just naive or sheltered or willfully ignorant, but the last few years, the boundaries of what people think is "acceptable" has been pushed further than I can remember in my lifetime. 

If you really think there is so little racism, I urge you to attend a diversity or sensitivity type training. 

#1398688 Daemon's Memorial Travel Thread

Posted by raubhimself on 02 May 2019 - 09:26 AM in Minibosses Message Board

We're all going to cry in front of each other and it's fine. 

#1398625 Daemon Memories thread

Posted by raubhimself on 01 May 2019 - 03:42 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Since the other thread finally fell off the first page I was going to pin it, but then I thought maybe this would be the better one to pin. Thoughts?

#1398407 Happy birthday to Streifig and me

Posted by raubhimself on 29 April 2019 - 09:22 AM in Minibosses Message Board

Happy (belated) brithday friends

#1398350 Official Shizz Flea Market

Posted by raubhimself on 27 April 2019 - 06:40 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Tempted to buy that SD-1 so I can recreate California Games tone...

#1398241 Daemon Memories thread

Posted by raubhimself on 26 April 2019 - 11:48 AM in Minibosses Message Board

Thank you so much for sharing. I know it must be hard opening up to a bunch of internet strangers but we're all used to that by now. If you feel you need to edit it later, that's perfectly fine. 

#1398144 Daemon9623 was murdered last night

Posted by raubhimself on 25 April 2019 - 01:21 PM in Minibosses Message Board

Just a friendly reminder to both myself and others: The Shizz is not a private forum, and there are a not-insignificant amount of people following this thread who are not Shizzies. I was reminded of this, for example, by posting my phone number here.

I've thought long and hard about the pros and cons of making the shizz private. Not the right place for that discussion right now but it's a discussion I'm willing to have at some point. 

#1398077 Daemon's Memorial Travel Thread

Posted by raubhimself on 24 April 2019 - 11:15 PM in Minibosses Message Board

I'll be there. Can also chip in for hotel funds and what not if need be.