Photo

311 vs. Scott Stapp - fight fight fight!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:08 PM

I know for a fact that a few people on this board will object to my saying that 311 sucks. And to my friends, I say... of course, opinions are just opinons, and musical taste is subjective.

But... really, now... 311?!

Rock Band 311, Stapp Fight in Baltimore
STEPHEN MANNING, Associated Press Writer

Former Creed lead singer Scott Stapp and members of the band 311 were involved in a fight on Thanksgiving in the lounge of a luxury hotel, according to hotel security staff and 311 members.

311 were in Baltimore for a weekend concert when several members ran into Stapp earlier that day, band drummer Chad Sexton told The Associated Press. Both Stapp and 311 have the same producer, and Sexton said there were no problems during the first meeting.

But Stapp later came into the Harbor Court Hotel bar while Sexton and bandmates SA Martinez and P-Nut were watching basketball on television. He stepped in front of the screen and said, "311, I am ready to fight," according to Sexton.

Sexton said the band tried to defuse the situation, and Stapp went to the bar to drink. Later, he made "inappropriate" comments to Martinez's wife, and was confrontational with Sexton.

"All of a sudden, he clocked me in the left side of my face," Sexton said. "Then a huge fight broke out."

During the melee, Martinez broke a finger and later went to the hospital to have a cast put on his hand. Security guards eventually broke up the brawl. Police were called, but no arrests were made, according to hotel security.

"It was an unfortunate incident," Sexton said. "We are not brawlers."

Beth Keifetz, vice president of publicity at Stapp's label, Wind-up Records, wouldn't comment on the reports of a fight.

But Jonathan Jordan, director of security at the hotel, said the incident was captured on security cameras. He said Stapp was "attacked" by several members of 311 and that it took two security guards to break up the fight.

"It was definitely started by 311," Jordan said.

Officer Troy Harris, spokesman for the Baltimore Police, said the department didn't have any record of officers responding to the hotel.

Stapp, who won a Grammy Award with Creed in 2000 for the song "With Arms Wide Open," has launched a solo career. He recently released his debut album, "The Great Divide."

311 has released more than a dozen albums since forming in 1988. The band's hit songs include the chart-topping "Down."

#2 Black Betty

Black Betty

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:39 PM

All I have to say is, what would Jesus do?
"The week is off to a fantastic start for you as Venus enters grounded Taurus and the Moon's contact with Uranus brings a special surprise your way."

FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
www.wm3.org

#3 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:40 PM

311, I am ready to fight.

#4 Kristopher

Kristopher

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:47 PM

I was listening to Stern this morning and they were talking a bit about Stapp. I guess word on the street is that he's a loose nut and his manager won't let him do the Stern show even though he wants to because everyone will know what a whacko he is.
Former bass player for Ecchoing Bleu, current bass player for Adam's Evil

#5 woodman

woodman

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:14 PM

wow. i just found a title for my new song.

#6 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,451 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

Well, here's your answer.

#7 DoctorShumway

DoctorShumway

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:00 AM

311 couldn't come up with a better phrase to try and convince us that Stapp started it? 311, I am ready to fight. Jesus christ, first grade short stories have better dialogue then that.
Take your time old man/These vultures are happy to wait

#8 beefstew

beefstew

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:26 AM

Hilarious! I hope that was a direct quote. Those 311 guys do smoke a lot of marijuana.
311 gets my vote.

Yes, Brodie, I am one of the few who liked 311 up to the Transistor album. From their they maybe have one or two good songs per record... in my opinion. The blue album, music and grassroots are the only good discs. oh and the live cd.
to back up my ballsy post, Chad Sextons skills are beyond what most rock drummers can even comprehend. Go listen to a drum solo of his or any song off the 1st 3 records. He's ridiculous. Unfortunately the only thing that makes this band... in my opinion, is the drummer.

Well, I guess not many people think he's that good if I can't even google a drum solo of his, but check out this kid. :o

http://www.boreme.co...r-junior-p1.php

#9 nathan

nathan

Rauble Rauble

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:34 AM

Hilarious! I hope that was a direct quote. Those 311 guys do smoke a lot of marijuana.
311 gets my vote.

Yes, Brodie, I am one of the few who liked 311 up to the Transistor album. From their they maybe have one or two good songs per record... in my opinion. The blue album, music and grassroots are the only good discs. oh and the live cd.
to back up my ballsy post, Chad Sextons skills are beyond what most rock drummers can even comprehend. Go listen to a drum solo of his or any song off the 1st 3 records. He's ridiculous. Unfortunately the only thing that makes this band... in my opinion, is the drummer.

Well, I guess not many people think he's that good if I can't even google a drum solo of his, but check out this kid. :o

the bassist is no slouch either!

#10 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Top Toxic Daddy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,284 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:45 AM

this kid's inredible, but he's using like, 7A's or something.

those sticks look like they are like 2' long and more thin than timbale sticks,..i guess thats what it takes to get the job done, he gets ultimate props.
Posted Image

#11 thebiggameover

thebiggameover

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:58 PM

i like 311, but i dont care if it was fucking toby keith or whatever.... just as long as the creed fuck got his ass beat....

thebiggameover.png

my twitter

mohawk babies make me insane

#12 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:53 PM

311 gets my vote.

Agreed

Music was my favorite album for quite awhile. Haven't kept up with them that much since Transistor came out really.

Fuck the Bullshit it's time to Throw Down!
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#13 beefstew

beefstew

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:42 PM

311 gets my vote.

Agreed

Music was my favorite album for quite awhile. Haven't kept up with them that much since Transistor came out really.

Fuck the Bullshit it's time to Throw Down!

i'm a 'hydroponic' man myself. ;)

about 5 seconds of my 15 minutes of fame is on the 311 'Enlarged To Show Detail' video from a show at the old Electric Ballroom (After the Goldrush). Anyone remember that place? Off of Apache and like Dorsey or something. It's been a while. fatguyaz, i know you remember that place.

#14 capharnaum

capharnaum

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:58 PM

yep saw
-sonic youth /doo rag
-flaming lips
-foo fighters/wool/shudder to think
there