6730 replies to this topic

#6721 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:18 PM

Holy shit dude, completed listings for FF 48 are showing sales that could pay my rent. :o

#6722 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:12 PM

Thanks smeg and jace, the sold on ebay thing sounds like the best way to find real prices for these.  Super thanks brothers.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#6723 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:31 AM

I sell a lot of comics and records and yes, sold auctions are the best way to gauge real value, price guides are essentially worthless. That's an amazing run of some of the most timeless comics EVER! If you sell that, even in that condition, you should still clear a decent amount of $$. Or you could pretend like it's the 60s and take some acid and let Jack Kirby change your life lol
(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#6724 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,272 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:13 AM

man are you fucking kidding me with that Fantastic Four #48-50

goddamn

great condition too, i am jealous. you can make a mint off that if you are just looking at it moneywise. i'd have a hard time parting with it though.

I broke down and watched Showgirls. Can anyone help me.

#6725 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 10:06 AM

I emailed Norrin Radd and talked to my brother about it and we're going to give away the silver surfers to Norrin Radd, because he's a good dude and super into silver surfer so he would really get a lot out of them.  Norrin Radd is the real name of the silver surfer.  The full run only sells for $1000 on ebay, so it's not a gigantic deal to me and I'd much rather someone who would absolutely love them get to enjoy them.  We do need to get a few of the silver surfers graded just in case they get really good grades and are then worth a lot more than $1k (and then we'd sell), but I don't expect that result, they seem to be between a 5 and a 7 based on examples online.

We'll sell the old super valuable fantastic fours, but after waiting for a possible silver surfer marvel movie which may inflate prices further.  There are some articles about the superhero movies positively affecting the comic book collectible market, and there's also articles about a marvel studios fantastic four movie or possible silver surfer, so it only makes sense to wait on this one.

There's actually a lot more old comics we got (like 20+) that don't seem valuable at all, so it probably wouldn't be worth it to sell those on ebay.  If a local comic book dealer doesn't take them for some decent lot price, I'll list them here and just give them to anyone interested.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#6726 mrtame

mrtame

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:17 AM

Does anyone have any experience with getting rid of a lot of comics? I have to move and I need to do some massive purging of possessions I don't want to bring with me. I've got like 4 shortboxes full and I don't have the time or energy to try selling them online. I'm thinking donation would be the best route but I don't really know what that looks like during covid times. All our libraries are closed and not taking donations right now.

Dj5ZiPN.png

#6727 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:22 AM

Maybe just Goodwill or whatever you have out there?

#6728 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:55 AM

Does anyone have any experience with getting rid of a lot of comics? I have to move and I need to do some massive purging of possessions I don't want to bring with me. I've got like 4 shortboxes full and I don't have the time or energy to try selling them online. I'm thinking donation would be the best route but I don't really know what that looks like during covid times. All our libraries are closed and not taking donations right now.

if any of the stuff you have is solid runs of 20+ issues of any particular title, try to sell those as thats the easiest stuff to move for any amount of money, other wise if its stuff you don't want to bother with/ isn't worth money (sad spoiler: most comics arent worth anything really, this is why i have a hard time parting with so much of my collection, as I know the money i would get just isnt worth ditching stuff) i have donated many boxes of all-ages comics to Phoenix Childrens Hospital, they get pretty excited. don't know how that works during pandemic stuff tho

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#6729 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,301 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:07 AM

My extremely amazing local shop let me trade in all my old basically worthless 90s comics for store credit and I ended up with a few nice graphic novels (some Daniel Clowes, Chris Ware, Hernandez bros, that sort of thing) in exchange. They even bagged up a decent run I have of Archie Sonic and handed them back to me saying "you should probably look into selling these online." Come to Athens, GA, for no obvious reason we have the best shop ever. YMMV.

#6730 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,272 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:46 AM

i dunno how the comic stores around you are, but a few around here will go through your books and either offer you some amount for them or give you the option of just taking them off your hands. Even if they don't expressly have a sign for it, a lot of stores can't resist a large lot of books they think they could make a few bucks off of in some manner or another as back issue inventory. It might be worth asking.

edit: should have read the rest of the thread. what jace said, more or less.

I broke down and watched Showgirls. Can anyone help me.

#6731 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,301 posts

Posted Today, 09:45 PM

Very interested in hearing what all of you have to say about this little dirty:

https://bleedingcool...uperhero-comic/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users