@ the haunted castle
6463 s. rural - tempe

all ages, $5, 8 pm

emperors of japan
skinwalkers
chief beef
and more TBA

DJ mig50 will spin lovemaking music before and after the bands play

once the final lineup is confirmed we will unleash the greatest poster in the history of music.

here are 8 reasons you should go:

1) it's our CD release show. the new album is called activator and we've been working on it for quite a while now. to say that we're excited about this would be a gross understatement. some newly mastered tracks from the album are up on our myspace page.

2) despite the fact that it's on a saturday night, the haunted castle has offered up some drink specials to help celebrate the evening. in keeping with the whole emperors of japan thing we'll probably have $2 kamikaze shots - and there are rumors of sake bombers as well. bottom line: you will be drunk.

3) yes, it's a bar. but it's also an all ages event. so you can bring your girlfriend that's still in junior high. you know who you are.

4) have you been to the haunted castle yet?

5) chief beef is fucking awesome.

6) it's only $5.

7) skinwalkers! rocky and willie are good guys and they write good music, and they come to a ton of local shows. if you haven't seen them yet you should come check it out.

8) DJ mig50. will there be yacht rock?
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#2 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 02:45 PM

the necronauts have been added to this show.

Posted Image
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#3 Nil_Failstorm

Nil_Failstorm

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:38 PM

Cool. I haven't seen The Necronauts in ages.

Seriously, when I hear yacht rock I think about all those cheesy 80's films like "One Crazy Summer." But the ironic thing is I saw that on a flyer somewhere recently. Is that DJ MIG-50's own invention, or am I missing the boat, er, joke?
Posted Image

#4 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,128 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:00 PM

yachtrock.com

educate yourself.

...and i probably won't be yacht-rocking it up too much on this night. i'll probably stick to 80s and whatever else i feel like.

fuck yeah.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#5 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:50 PM

...and i probably won't be yacht-rocking it up too much on this night. i'll probably stick to 80s and whatever else i feel like.

fuck yeah.

fuck YEAH.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

- Martin Shizzmore

#6 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:15 PM

so colorstore is having their cd release on thursday 2/21.

and we're having ours on saturday 2/23.

will somebody step up and have a cd release on friday 2/22 so we can complete the trifecta? anyone?
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

- Martin Shizzmore

#7 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:15 AM

This MIGHT be Chief Beef's EP CD release show, too. It just depends on the stars lining up and everything working out correctly with no mistakes.

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#8 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

due to the drama surrounding the haunted castle, we're rescheduling this show. there's an outside chance it still might happen on 2/23, but it will likely be postponed. so you can go ahead and take the info out of your palm pilots for now. we'll post new show details as soon as we have them.

in the meantime, if you're saying to yourself "who the fuck are the emperors of japan", you can go download our album for free from our website. :)
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

- Martin Shizzmore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users