6 replies to this topic

#1 screen

screen

Shizz Ninja++

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:53 AM

Sorry for the downtime, we did some major upgrades to the server but all shoud be functional again. Resume.

#2 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:00 AM

thank you.

lack of shizz = lack of AJM and BFH entertainment ..... weird that i pine for the days of rvderek, headbanger, bobby, & the odd HFE / AB scuffle (hatchets now buried i think? good cuz all you need is love). lol.

+ we haven't had any 'the scene / phoenix, yer mom, sux threads lately'.

#3 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

Hey, don't single me out! :lol: While my sense of humor doesn't always match up with everyone else's (which becomes painfully clear in those instances where the conversation has taken awkward turns), all's I do is post when I have a show coming up or CD coming out, when my name or face is going to be on some TV show or movie (because, c'mon, that's crazy and I wanna share that... and I wanna hear if and when any of you end up on American Idol or Flavor of Love or what have you ;) ), and introduce a discussion of or throw in my two cents on whatever social or political topic is in circulation at the moment. As far as why I do it here, it's because I've been a member of this site since early on in its existence, and I still have old friends and acquaintences on these boards. I'm glad it and they are all still around, and glad to still be a part of it.

So, hey, thanks to all y'all, and the admins and moderators, for keepin' the Shizz dream alive... and helping me feel welcome and included, even if I don't reside in the Valley of the Sun any longer. I still love, and will always feel a part of this community (whether that community be Phoenix, the Shizz, independent musicians, etc.).

And the scene, Phoenix, and your mom are all beautiful. :wub:

#4 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:16 AM

hey my connotation was that yes, i enjoy the BFH entertainment, ...erm...so go ahead with your bad self and post away here on the shizznetz, keep the shizznets hummin. i think HFE posted here one time that you have to not take messageboards so effin' seriously---a lot of it is stupid silliness--and maybe what i am saying is that i know i've been posting and reading on the intarnetz long enough to realize you have to take a *lot* with a grain of salt because true intention and meaning is not necessarily conveyed through words alone (unless of course, you are a very good writer). uh, yeah so rock on, party on garth. love to all the good folks here.

#5 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

I agree, and not only try to take it all with the whole salt shaker, but I also learn to refine my approach a little bit as time marches on.

Just for me personally, it's hard to properly convey my, I swear, good and honest and humble intentions, while being simultaneously a big talker, enthusiastic writer, "odd duck" (as proclaimed recently by a friend and Phoenix musician/recording engineer), and independent musician (solo, without the benefits of a band to stand alongside, to share the criticism with), who's self-dependent on all aspects of promotion (and pushing a product which is, essentially, MYSELF... my name, face, and work). Mix that with attempts to contribute to and participate in intellectual discourse, whether the topic be controversial or silly, and things can get anywhere from snarky to downright hostile.

Sometimes, the cables get crossed weird and the message gets garbled, so this seems as good an opportunity as any to say... my bad. :(

"But I'm tryin', Ringo... I'm tryin' reeeal haaard..." ;)

I'm sure this can be expected, and forgiven of all us who this applies to. We're talkin' 'bout a community of people who are all fans of obscure/alternative/counterculture/etc. things, so we're wired differently anyway, and usually pop out of the social conditioning process in a different way than our more mainstream peers. Not to mention when you add in those who, on top of all the aforementioned, have those creative urges and the drive to share it in front of people, whether if only in recordings or also in live performance. The musician/performer bug is a beast of its own.

But, believe me, as an AZPUNK.com vet and reluctant soldier (but happy and willing denizen) at AZHC.net, The Shizz is about as peaceful and harmonic as it gets. Hope it stays that way. Hope the community stays tight, too, as we all get older and find ourselves more occupied with our projects and real life. I mean, it's good to actually log off and get some fresh air, but I don't think there's anything wrong with staying connected as best you can, even if via the interweb.

#6 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

Aye. I was pretty much saying, yay for the shizz ... hip hip hooray! drama and all! community and all! The D.Onald and all! lol, ..... seriously, if I had never met Donald I probably would not have found out about the Shizz. Woosh.

#7 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:40 AM

Posted Image
TO THE SHIZZ!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users