4880 replies to this topic

#4696 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:19 PM

I am having a particularly rough day due to some practical worries and some existential worries. Some of my outlets have become stress-inducing rather than stress-relieving so I’m worried that there is not much to feel hopeful about. Good vibes would be much appreciated.

That's been me the last three days. My wife was out of the house last night, beyond a quick stint playing guitar all my plans to "relax" and be alone I just went down the toilet, I couldn't focus on anything, I literally paced between the kitchen and living room, then the earthquake hit, and I just went to sleep. It sucks when the things that bring you joy don't help and you feel small in the scheme of the universe. However, you're an excellent human and you're very much loved by lots of us, and things will get better, even when it feels impossible for them to. 

#4697 OverCoat

OverCoat

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:23 PM

Financial woes lately... I've been overdrawn like 3 times in the past two weeks. :unsure: idk how I'm supposed to afford anything but food. It's bringing my anxiety back a lil bit

#4698 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,845 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:31 PM

Overdraft fees are such horseshit. F banks.
Reading: "Don Quixote" by Cervantes

#4699 Jace

Jace

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:13 PM

Financial anxiety is the worst because we're trained to attach financial solvency to our overall human worth. Horseshit indeed.

#4700 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,746 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:46 PM

You said it, Jace. Couldn't put it better than that.

toopunk2lose.png

#4701 OverCoat

OverCoat

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 09:10 PM

All the same, I had to have friends and family bail me out so I feel pretty pathetic regardless of capitalism or not. I can't do this job anymore, I gotta get out. Before I was kinda afraid to do anything since I was worried it'd be worse elsewhere, but my shitty health insurance going up to $140 a month [what the fuck???] from $100 is pretty much the final nail in the coffin. That plus all my rent & bills just can't get covered by my full time 40hr a week job :V

#4702 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:30 PM

All the same, I had to have friends and family bail me out so I feel pretty pathetic regardless of capitalism or not. I can't do this job anymore, I gotta get out. Before I was kinda afraid to do anything since I was worried it'd be worse elsewhere, but my shitty health insurance going up to $140 a month [what the fuck???] from $100 is pretty much the final nail in the coffin. That plus all my rent & bills just can't get covered by my full time 40hr a week job :V

Sent you a Facebook message.

#4703 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,130 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:24 AM

Well, if we were under communism, then this wouldn't be a problem. We would have a very generous safety net. Rent and utilities would only constitute a small percentage of our paychecks. Food would be relatively cheap. Healthcare and education would be free. A job would be guaranteed. 

Don't feel pathetic because you've had friends and family bail you out. I've had the same thing happen to me. Consider yourself fortunate that you have friends and family who have the financial means to help you out. Without that, we would be out on the streets. That is not your fault. That is the fault of capitalism. 

I can barely cover all of the bills and mortgage with my new, lower paying job ($15/hr compared to $55k from my previous job). The job itself isn't too bad and I plan on staying there for a couple years at least (mostly to get rid of the year stint stigma on my resume which has been bringing up questions the last round of interviews. Those were a combination of lay offs and quitting for a better job.) where I hopefully will get a raise and trying to transition myself into a QA Automation role. Or by that point, my art skills will be up to snuff that I can feel more confident about applying for those types of jobs.

#4704 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:49 AM

This is pretty banal in comparison, but I just found out to avoid kidney stones I should really lay off this spinach aka the leafy green I finally came around on. Been eating a ton of it lately.

Seriously? You're going to take that from me too, life? JFC I swear they got me mixed up with another Joshua Staley. Could I at least get laid sometime in the near...no? Fine, whatever

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#4705 brodan

brodan

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:24 PM

This is pretty banal in comparison, but I just found out to avoid kidney stones I should really lay off this spinach aka the leafy green I finally came around on. Been eating a ton of it lately.

Seriously? You're going to take that from me too, life? JFC I swear they got me mixed up with another Joshua Staley. Could I at least get laid sometime in the near...no? Fine, whatever

any chance you like kale?

i fucking hate spinach, but love me some kale

Why the fuck cant I see when I close my eyes?

#4706 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:28 PM

yeah, when i had my kidney stones back in 2006-7 (?) i was eating a less diverse amount of fruits and vegetables and spinach was a culprit that i was eating a LOT of. when i listed off other things the big ones were 'processed' (aka storebought, corn-sweetened) iced tea and deli ham. i still have spinach but mix it up w others and make my own sugarless tea now. and while i love ham, i honestly dont think i've bought any for the house more than like 3 times since that happened. Kidney Stones: They Are Awful

(it involves satan disguising himself as a bird who unlocks police cars!)

FOLLOW NOW

#4707 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:35 PM

I cannot do kale for the same reason, but it was pointed out I could try arugula. Unfortunately I’m pretty sure that’s not something the kitchen downstairs can order for me

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#4708 juef

juef

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:25 PM

Yo, also, drink more water and less "brown soda", people. We ain't camels!

#4709 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:56 PM

All sodas, terrible

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#4710 C.C. Z28

C.C. Z28

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:54 PM

yeah, when i had my kidney stones back in 2006-7 (?) i was eating a less diverse amount of fruits and vegetables and spinach was a culprit that i was eating a LOT of. when i listed off other things the big ones were 'processed' (aka storebought, corn-sweetened) iced tea and deli ham. i still have spinach but mix it up w others and make my own tea now. and while i love ham, i honestly dont think i've bought any for the house more than like 3 times since that happened. Kidney Stones: They Are Awful

People think they're better off eating deli meats than McNuggets. It's a lie.

You will control a battletoad

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users