3470 replies to this topic

#3361 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:12 PM

So, the big Castlevania reveal at TGS 2019.

https://www.konami.c.../gos/global/en/

Is the mobile game mentioned here before.

=/

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#3362 Demonstray

Demonstray

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,386 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:26 PM

🤣

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#3363 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • 15,250 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:22 AM

if it wasn't a mobile game, i would be pretty excited. parts of the multiplayer look a lot like CVHD, but..................

I broke down and watched Showgirls. Can anyone help me.

#3364 matsunami

matsunami

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,449 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:39 AM

There's a chance it might get ported to Switch some day.  There's been a ton of mobile games getting that treatment.

UAV3t1p.png

#3365 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 13,746 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:55 AM

I beat SOTN for the first time. Feels good. I am the wind.

toopunk2lose.png

#3366 Ken Oh

Ken Oh

Cuck Buddy GroGro

• Shizzadmin
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:29 AM

But did you pronounce it SOTN as in rhymes with boatin'?

banner.png

#3367 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:10 AM

Started Bloodstained this weekend.

holy shit, it is really good.

it's symphony of the night, but not. played around 5hrs-ish and so far, it's really really good. 

glad i started playing it.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

#3368 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:31 AM

Started Bloodstained this weekend.

holy shit, it is really good.

it's symphony of the night, but not. played around 5hrs-ish and so far, it's really really good. 

glad i started playing it.

It really is a love-letter to SotN and the other IGAvanias. I'm glad they've put as much time as they have into fixing the bugs and ports. Now just need Zangetsu as a playable.

Been streaming going through Aria of Sorrow. Been a long while since I went through the whole game and it's kicking up some strong nostalgia vibes for me. Such an awesome game.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

I'm imagining Ellis writing the script to this at a computer, and every time he gets to the end of a line about religion being bad he smacks his fedora to tip it, making the sounds of a typewriter being reset.

Original Sound Version . com  ||  Castellum Sanguis LXVIII: Castlevania X68000 Tribute Album

#3369 kareshi

kareshi

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,845 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:35 AM

I'm trying naked (nothing equipped) but allowing items and spells and subweapons, is that right?

I looked up how to get past the spike hall with no spike breaker armor, man it's easy

I made it to Dracula with just subweapons and spells, no armor or relics or anything but I need to grind for money and curative items before I can win.
Reading: "Don Quixote" by Cervantes

#3370 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:08 AM

I picked up Castlevania Anniversary Collection during the Nintendo's Black Friday sale (just $10).  I'd never played Akumajou Densetsu, but wow is Japanese Grant amazing.  It still took me a lot of continues, but this was the first time that I've managed to beat Castlevania 3.  I'll do the other partners eventually.

In other news, Benedict has become immensely fascinated with Castlevania.  He doesn't understand more than the basic controls, but he thinks that it's hilarious to drop Simon Belmont into the moat at the very start of Castlevania 4...over and over and over again.  He actually got upset one time when I jumped onto the drawbridge and made it into the courtyard to start the stage for real.  He took the controller back and tried to walk back to the left to return to the first screen.  He was not happy when it didn't work.  Sorry, kid, you'll just have to run Simon into a skeleton a bunch of times, I guess.

He also knows that the Simon amiibo is connected to Castlevania.  Just this morning, he grabbed it, held it up to me, and then pointed at the TV.  I can't wait to see how well he does when he's not 2 years old.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#3371 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:13 AM

Oh man! Your kid getting into CV this early is super awesome. 

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#3372 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 07:12 AM

Season 3 of the Castlevania Netflix show drops on March 5th. - https://www.gamesrad...3-release-date/

I have no idea what they're going for in the teaser poster they have for the announcement and not sure how I feel. Other than I continue to hate that they brought Carmilla into the story.

I've started making videos pointing out the game references and explaining some lore they've been sneaking into the show thus far.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

#3373 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:57 AM

Cool, I'll check it out

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#3374 the Wozz

the Wozz

DAD Jr.

• Members
  • 13,746 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:17 PM

Can anybody point me to other VGM that takes explicit inspiration from Castlevania music other than the Bloodstained series? The only other one that immediately jumps to mind would be Virt's Bloodrayne OSTfrom a while back.

toopunk2lose.png

#3375 Sindra

Sindra

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 03:12 PM

I mean, there's the soundtrack to Rusty (PC-98). That's one I regularly reference for it's OST.

There's another Yamane soundtrack for the game Skullgirls if you're looking for SotN-and-beyond music.

dx-ghost_copy_bigger.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users