224 replies to this topic

#181 Kaptain Carbon

Kaptain Carbon

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

What am I doing out of the metal thread?

Go see a show and formulate an opinion.
Even if you see a show and hate it, you will at least have the experience and talking points.
"I was going to go see them" is never a good start of a sentence....unless it involves a tiger
I have seen these guys maybe four or five times at bitgens and magfests
Despite any reservations, they put on a great live performance.
I am actually baffled by the negative opinions bordering on hate.
actually not that baffled
I'm going back to the metal thread..

#182 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,825 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Yeah I know I'm always starting shit about the Protomen I guess, but I don't see what's so baffling about not liking a band. I'm not hating, the guy asked to be persuaded one way or another!

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#183 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

So are any of you going to the El Corazon show on the 3rd? Not planning on going to PAX this year and I'd love to see some Protomen

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

EVERY FOREIGN FOOD IS A LIE.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

Follow me on Twitter: @LowPursuit, @TheUrVile, and/or @LeftTurnDanger

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#184 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'm not too familiar with The Protomen, but I enjoyed the show last week in Anaheim. The Queen stuff was pretty damn awesome.
VGM Webcasts: Nitro Game Injection on Sundays, 5PM ET & GameFuel on Saturdays, 9PM ET
Listen on Arecibo Radio | Website | iTunes

#185 DiscountBabyJam Mike

DiscountBabyJam Mike

Jean Clause Van Salome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

If I never hear another Queen cover again my life will be for the better.

rushing into a Success nest

giphy.gif

Goblinkiss.com

#186 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

So are any of you going to the El Corazon show on the 3rd? Not planning on going to PAX this year and I'd love to see some Protomen

I'm playing at it

#187 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

Sweet!

tumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.giftumblr_p03hxsmbUn1vezrvso1_250.gif

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

Click here to download Clash Of The Champions 1 & 2! Voted the best text-based fighting game series of the 90's by no one.

“well, if you get kidnapped and sent down a river for real, yeah, they probably aren’t gonna give you any trail mix.”

YouTube *** Twitch *** Tumblr *** Mixer *** Giphy *** Instagram *** Everywhere else

#188 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,400 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Even though I would normally say no I agree with KapCarb, see them at least once. I recommend it more if they're with a band you already like.
Support live music ya?

giphy.gif

#189 clansmaneddie

clansmaneddie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

so i went and saw them last night...they were alright, there were a few songs i truly did not care for, but there were some that got the whole room going and thought was pretty cool, they do get the crowd into it in a good way, the rock opera type feel was ok, there sure is alot of them on stage, i feel like i could have been closer but i was in observation mode, and i was in front of a big huge metal fan the whole time...i also thought i saw bizzaro snappleman profusely dancing it off to the first few songs before he became completely exhausted, then the light shined on his face and it looked nothing like a bizzaro snappleman, i guess not all big guys with a beardish look have to be a bizzaro snappleman

so i left not knowing what to feel at first, they were alright, i didn't hate them, but i'm content with watching them from afar as i don't see myself getting into them, which i'm alright with...i don't see why they appeal to the vg scene besides having their name after protoman, unless im missing something here...there fans seemed into it, and having a good time so im not sure i can discredit their fans though i interacted with zero of them, i don't regret going because all in all it was good time with a positive vibe throughout...on a side note, im not sure why, but the first thought that popped into my head upon leaving the venue was when raphael was leaving the movie theater in tmnt all disgruntled, then i busted out laughing out of confusion

I'd take Snapple's satirical pestering over your tired ass trolling ANY DAY.

#190 GENTLYPORKING

GENTLYPORKING

Out for Revengeance

• Members
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

so i went and saw them last night...they were alright, there were a few songs i truly did not care for, but there were some that got the whole room going and thought was pretty cool, they do get the crowd into it in a good way, the rock opera type feel was ok, there sure is alot of them on stage, i feel like i could have been closer but i was in observation mode, and i was in front of a big huge metal fan the whole time...i also thought i saw bizzaro snappleman profusely dancing it off to the first few songs before he became completely exhausted, then the light shined on his face and it looked nothing like a bizzaro snappleman, i guess not all big guys with a beardish look have to be a bizzaro snappleman

so i left not knowing what to feel at first, they were alright, i didn't hate them, but i'm content with watching them from afar as i don't see myself getting into them, which i'm alright with...i don't see why they appeal to the vg scene besides having their name after protoman, unless im missing something here...there fans seemed into it, and having a good time so im not sure i can discredit their fans though i interacted with zero of them, i don't regret going because all in all it was good time with a positive vibe throughout...on a side note, im not sure why, but the first thought that popped into my head upon leaving the venue was when raphael was leaving the movie theater in tmnt all disgruntled, then i busted out laughing out of confusion

Their albums tell the story of Mega Man. Act I tells the story of how Mega Man must confront Dr Wiley and his creations, only to find that Dr. Light's previous creation, Protomen is leading Wiley's army.

Act II is a prequel, telling the story of how Dr Wiley and Dr. Light's relationship fractionated over a girl and differing views on how their technology should be used.

these hilary clinton-looking women must be pressing their buttholes right up against the sides of the stall and letting it rip.

icing bag style.

#191 finbeard

finbeard

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

protomales! I am excited to see them and VGO tomorrow evening at PAX. holding out hope that they'll play some of their awesome Queen material, since it's about the closest we'll get to the real thing as long as John Deacon stays retired and Brian May and Roger Taylor insist on performing with mediocre pop singers.

LONELYROLLINGSTARS MUSIC IS HERE

art is here

Finbread family estate.

#192 urvile

urvile

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,188 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

I forgot about a family thing so I'm not making it out tonight. Have fun!

THIS PCB IS NOT KILLING

#193 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

That show was pretty incredible. Best show I had all weekend, sound was great. Protodudes killed it, as usual.

#194 norg

norg

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

That show was pretty incredible. Best show I had all weekend, sound was great. Protodudes killed it, as usual.

any audience would be better than that afterparty. what a fucking joke. hopefully we rocked out enough to make up for the rest of the foolios playing rock band in the other corner...

norgstoof.jpg  charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif
SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK SPOOK SP�K SPOUQUE SPEUK

never gtyrst a bigg btut and a smiel
that irl is POUISONNNNNNNN
-bel gbig edvo

INSUFFICIENT NORG

#195 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Pretty much. Whatevs on that after party. None of my shows were BAD, some were just at a different level than the others.

I think I sold more CDs at the Corazon show than I did at my 3 other shows combined.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users