147 replies to this topic

#16 chronolever

chronolever

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

My favorite song from the soundtrack is Forest of Monsters. It's so hard to play that level without getting my LET on!

Get DO.DAT YASELF an EP with songs made entirely in Warioware: D.I.Y.!

#17 Spookmeister C

Spookmeister C

Scary Spooky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,402 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Bitchin game, bitchin soundtrack, btchin visuals, bitchin gameplay. Never finished it. :(

giphy.gif

#18 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,249 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

I thought wallmeat was a-okay in Harrison Ford mode runs unless you were doing a Vegan Harrison Ford run?

How far did you get anyways? I was super impressed even with just seeing you beat the 1st level.

DNa7A7D.jpg

#19 Sam

Sam

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

I thought wallmeat was a-okay in Harrison Ford mode runs unless you were doing a Vegan Harrison Ford run?

It's Ashane. What do you expect?

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

you will die of sodium poisoning before you ever take me with enough grains of salt.

Perhaps the same can be said of all birth control. But enough posting- have at you!

#20 mercatfat

mercatfat

Shizz Gawd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

How far did you get anyways? I was super impressed even with just seeing you beat the 1st level.

could it ever be vegan?

here's the thing: that whip? leather.

i don't think it's soy leather.

crystals.gif
N64th Street: Every N64 Game, Reviewed Eventually.
Latest Reviews (6/29): Rampage World Tour

#21 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Horrible self-promotion.

Good lord, the fucking

ags39kE.jpg

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#22 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

I don't have as much to contribute to this thread. However I would like to proclaim my affection for it as well as some of my most cherished memories.

When I was a kid, I was not really in the loop as far as video games went. I had an NES and aprox a dozen games, but I didn't quite know anyone who actually HAD a Super Nintendo. One day in early summer 1992 (I remember this because it was close before my 10th birthday) my Mom told me that my cousins were moving into our neighborhood, and that we were going to help them unpack. I met my cousins for the first time since I toddler, they seemed cool. They seemed to have everything moved already and their parents were unpacking. We decided to play video games, yes they had a Nintendo, but they also had an actual Super Nintendo... The first game we played was Super Castlevania 4. I could tell from the Konami splash screen that this was something new, different. Watching the opening cinematic was mind blowing, and watching my cousin actually control the guy on the screen was just magical. It looked too good to actually be a game, I felt like I was looking through a window into some other world. 

We played that game all day, there was no fuss over who's turn it was, or who was next, we were all just happy watching each other attempt to traverse Dracula's demonic castle. 

I spent the night that night, we waited for the grownups to go to bed and continued playing until our eyes were dry and sore. The next day we were told that video games were off limits, that we needed to do something else, so we found the box of legos and setup shop in the living room. We created a Simon Belmont figure and had him run along the couch and piano, avoiding skeletons and makeshift flying Medusa heads. The grownups demanded we go outside and get some sun, so we ties towels around our necks and hoped around the backyard like we were within the game. Nothing could tear us away from the magic that was/is Super Castlevania 4.

My cousins moved away shortly, I think their Dad got a good teaching job half way across the state. I'm not really in much contact with them now. I see them from time to time at family functions, but we've all changed. I'm partly tempted to ask them if they want to run around with me, with towel capes, like the old days. But I'm sure I would just be making an ass of myself.

Still to this day, when I hear the SNES Konami chime, I get goosebumps and remember that summer. Possibly the best summer of my life.

Spoiler

#23 auriplane

auriplane

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

It really is one of the best of the best games on this great system, and that's all the more impressive for being an early release. I just ripped the entire soundtrack to mp3, if anybody wants it, and wants to be saved the time of doing it themselves.

Favorite level is probably the treasury or the uh, subterranean level.

I have the soundtrack on CD! :-D

My favorites are those two and the clockwork mansion.

#24 jiggs

jiggs

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

best castlevania ost. maybe best snes ost. one of my favorite game osts.

#25 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Okay, so hard mode is def hard.  Accidentally got a few candles throughout.  Killed myself if I actually got a whip upgrade.  Died during Medusa and had to call it quits for a bit.

Good lord, the fucking

ags39kE.jpg

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#26 Chernabogue

Chernabogue

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

I love this game soooooo much. You guys make me want to play it!!

I'm gonna get out of this thread before Simon Belmont destroys your shit forever.

VV3 here: tinyurl.com/VV3OCR

#27 chronolever

chronolever

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

CV 4 always reminds me of late spring. I don't know why, that's usually when I get a hankering to play it. Like I just emerged from some form of game hibernation and want to gorge my game-starved body and soul on the choicest, most nutrient-filled game I can get my hands on.

It's also a great soundtrack to listen to while cruising in nice warm weather.

Anyway, I'm about T-minus 5 minutes from attempting to beat the game for the first time. I'll keep ya posted on my progress! Wish me luck!

#28 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Gotta do whatever you can to conserve health till medusa, its awful with all the crows and candles, lotsa down whipping and let's not forget grape forest, ugh.

Chrono, that's funny, I prefer the soundtrack in the dead of winter gloom, so many songs are forlorn and grim.

2:18 in VG's amazing song gives me ridiculous chills

#29 chronolever

chronolever

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Just got to Stage 5. The farthest I've ever gotten in this game. From after the rotating room it's been all uncharted territory. This is exciting! I'm gonna do this!

#30 Ashane

Ashane

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

could it ever be vegan?

here's the thing: that whip? leather.

i don't think it's soy leather.

Hahahah, yeah it'd be pretty damn hard to make a CV4 run vegan... I wouldn't be able to kill any crows, bats, frogs, dogs, etc lol... :P An interesting concept. And that's the Belmont family whip that's been in their family for generations (Vampire Killer)! I doubt the cow killed for it was in Simon's lifetime haha ;).

Josh, I almost got to the end of Stage 2. Gets pretty rough there. Gotta really conserve your health for the Medusa fight, as Sherv said. Easier said than done, especially when you can't get any health pickups... Gotta change my whole approach to the game since I'm so used to just blazing through it on normal and taking hits to move ahead. I'll start from Stage 2 on my stream tonight.

Chrono: Forest of Monsters has always been my favorite too. Always gotta crank it up bigtime for that song. B)

Oh yeah, I set a new PB for a CV4 normal run last night: 54:37. Whittling it down! Watch and see if I can beat that tonight.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Castlevania, IV, SNES, HARD MODE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users