If you're some sort of super-cool dude/dudette, you probably remember this album from Halloween last year:
Well, it was pretty well received, so we're doing it again this year! Some people are already signed up, but I want to open it up to everyone else that wants to participate. Here's the rundown:
- The album will be a collection of cover songs from horror movies and video games. No original compositions, though you can definitely take lots of liberties with the source materials.
- The album will be posted on bandcamp for free download.
- There is a list of suggested songs, but this is not strict. These are just songs I think would be cool to cover. You can definitely pick a different one, but I need to approve it before hand.
- All participants need to do their own recording, mixing, and mastering. Myself and other people will be able to help in limited situations, but plan on doing most/all of it yourself.
Here's the BIG ONE. Sign ups are by AUDITION ONLY. I don't mean to be a dick, but I want to keep a fairly high level of quality with this album. I'm sure that most (if not all) of you will make the cut, but I do just want to talk real quick with you to take a look at what you can do. So, if you want to sign up send me a PM with:
- What track you want to do (limit 2 per person)
- A list of anyone that will be collaborating with you
- A recent recording that represents your recording/mixing abilities
Here's the list of WiP dates. Please don't commit to this unless you're prepared to stick to them. If something comes up, we can definitely work with it, but plan on making these dates:
June 1 - First WiP due. If you have multiple songs, I just need one WiP. This doesn't have to be extensive, but I need to know you're actually working on the project.
August 1 - Second WiP due. This should represent a decent amount of work on the song. If you have multiple songs, I'll need something for each song you're working on.
September 1 - Third WiP due. One for each song you're doing. By this point, the songs should be nearing completion, or in the mixing/mastering phase.
October 1 - Final tracks due. Yes, I know this is a month before Halloween, but it gives me time to work out things that need to be changed, and it allows for the (unfortunately) inevitable "but I just need another week or ten days" situation that some people will end up in.
Here's who's already signed up and what tracks they have:
Here are some suggested tracks:
That's about it! Let me know if you have any questions, and I'm excited about people joining up!
KEEP HALLOWEEN METAL.