6 replies to this topic

#1 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

If you're some sort of super-cool dude/dudette, you probably remember this album from Halloween last year:

3247815853-1.jpg

http://vikingguitar....s-danse-macabre

Well, it was pretty well received, so we're doing it again this year!  Some people are already signed up, but I want to open it up to everyone else that wants to participate.  Here's the rundown:

- The album will be a collection of cover songs from horror movies and video games.  No original compositions, though you can definitely take lots of liberties with the source materials.

- The album will be posted on bandcamp for free download.

- There is a list of suggested songs, but this is not strict.  These are just songs I think would be cool to cover.  You can definitely pick a different one, but I need to approve it before hand.

- All participants need to do their own recording, mixing, and mastering.  Myself and other people will be able to help in limited situations, but plan on doing most/all of it yourself.

Here's the BIG ONE.  Sign ups are by AUDITION ONLY.  I don't mean to be a dick, but I want to keep a fairly high level of quality with this album.  I'm sure that most (if not all) of you will make the cut, but I do just want to talk real quick with you to take a look at what you can do.  So, if you want to sign up send me a PM with:

- What track you want to do (limit 2 per person)

- A list of anyone that will be collaborating with you

- A recent recording that represents your recording/mixing abilities

Here's the list of WiP dates.  Please don't commit to this unless you're prepared to stick to them.  If something comes up, we can definitely work with it, but plan on making these dates:

June 1 -  First WiP due.   If you have multiple songs, I just need one WiP. This doesn't have to be extensive, but I need to know you're actually working on the project.

August 1 - Second WiP due. This should represent a decent amount of work on the song. If you have multiple songs, I'll need something for each song you're working on.

September 1 - Third WiP due. One for each song you're doing. By this point, the songs should be nearing completion, or in the mixing/mastering phase.

October 1 - Final tracks due. Yes, I know this is a month before Halloween, but it gives me time to work out things that need to be changed, and it allows for the (unfortunately) inevitable "but I just need another week or ten days" situation that some people will end up in.

Here's who's already signed up and what tracks they have:

Spoiler

Here are some suggested tracks:

That's about it!  Let me know if you have any questions, and I'm excited about people joining up!

KEEP HALLOWEEN METAL.

Good lord, the fucking

ags39kE.jpg

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#2 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,228 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

FUCK YEAH! That tracklist already looks killer.

DNa7A7D.jpg

#3 Chernabogue

Chernabogue

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

You want to make a concurrent to VV2? XD

Anyway, I've a finished track from 3D Ultra Pinball: Creep Night (Halloween-themed game) that's sitting here. It's orchestra-only, would it fit?

I'm gonna get out of this thread before Simon Belmont destroys your shit forever.

VV3 here: tinyurl.com/VV3OCR

#4 VikingGuitar

VikingGuitar

Ka and Ka-Tet

• Members
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

Cherna, send it my way and I'll take a listen!

Good lord, the fucking

ags39kE.jpg

Professional Audio Services - http://vikingguitar.com

#5 Nick The Newbie

Nick The Newbie

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

FYI magfest just had a request to have the band "Viking Guitar" play at magfest. better start cloning yourself!

#6 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Or better yet, finding some band members!

Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: danse macabre, halloween, horror, raped by ghosts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users