31 replies to this topic

#16 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

I've been enjoying the soundtrack to PitaPat for Sharp X68000, so I ripped it. It's not a hardware rip, but I wasn't able to find a soundtrack to this game anywhere else so I figured this was good enough. All of the track names are right off of the MDX player, but the first and last tracks came up as symbols. I can't find any information on this game, really. I think Keishi Yonao did the soundtrack because he did a lot of other Fill-In-Cafe stuff and it sounds like him though.

Download

eKawlATs.jpg

#17 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,593 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

His version of MegaTurrican is slightly fucked. I would appreciate a re-up :)

I second this! Also thanks for taking up the work! Really appreciate it as I know it's very long and tedious work.

#18 MegaMatt

MegaMatt

Thunder "Unicorn"

• Members
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

i'll get back to this soon i swear. it's been a hectic and time-swallowing few months. there are some good ideas in the works though

Martha Kent original anti baconator

#19 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,593 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

I decided to make some album covers to go with Megamatt's soundtracks. I tried to keep the format similar to what Bucky did with his soundtracks.

http://imgur.com/a/72avD

http://imgur.com/a/kspwe

For the Joe & Mac for why there are three covers: I was using the SNES one as a reference before I realized that megamatt used the Genesis soundtrack. I personally like the first and third ones the best.

#20 jmr

jmr

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

I figured this is relevant to this thread.

I recently bought a Genesis 3 but was disappointed to find out that it was only capable of outputting mono audio. I did some research and modded it to have one of these puppies and now it's not only stereo but sounds way better than before. I don't know how it compares to, say, an early model one (as megamatt said that seems to be the audiophile's go-to) but I'm really happy with how it sounds.

I recorded the main table theme from Dragon's Fury to post in a thread on chipmusic.org to demonstrate how the mod sounds, figured I'd share it with you guys too:

FLAC: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Dragons Fury - Main Table.flac
MP3: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Dragons Fury - Main Table.mp3

Kudos to Wild_Cat for raving about this soundtrack to me and prompting me to check it out.

Ducktales is actually in 1/16 and there are just different amounts of measures in the phrases you fucking scrubs

MARSHALL ART ULTIMATE - TEN FULL BAND VGM COVERS IN CHIP/POST/PROGROCK STYLE

MARSHALL ART - JMR - CHROMELODEON ARCHIVE

#21 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,932 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:45 PM

MAN that sounds really good! Thanks!

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#22 jmr

jmr

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

Animal Style was curious to hear some more from my modded genesis, in particular something to demonstrate the bass response.  
Streets of Rage - Stealthy Steps:

MP3: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Str … 0Steps.mp3
FLAC: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Str … Steps.flac

Streets of Rage - Beatnik on the Ship:

MP3: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Str … 20Ship.mp3
FLAC: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Str … 0Ship.flac

Streets of Rage 2 - In The Bar II:

MP3: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Str … r II.mp3
FLAC: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Str … II.flac

He also specifically asked for some Mega Turrican:
Mega Turrican - Stage 1-1
MP3: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Meg … 1-1.mp3
FLAC: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Meg … 201-1.flac

Mega Turrican - Stage 3-1
MP3: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Meg … 3-1.mp3
FLAC: chromelodeonarchive.com/misc/Meg … 203-1.flac

EDIT: looks like you can only do three embedded players per post.

EDIT2: I just did some quick comparisons with some other hardware recordings... Yeah, there's a reason the early Genesis models are considered the best. <_< The Genesis 3 has less noise, sure, but the instruments sound a lot more mechanical and artificial than the early models. Seems to come down to whether a discrete YM2616 chip (a la the High Definition Graphics models) or an integrated chip (later models).  Compare this Beatnik on the Ship with mine, the difference is immediately apparent.

Guess it's time to start hunting for an early Sega Genesis...

Ducktales is actually in 1/16 and there are just different amounts of measures in the phrases you fucking scrubs

#23 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,932 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:49 AM

You know, we actually did an IRL test with a Model 3, and an HD model. We kind of thought it didn't really sound that different. Now, I'm back to thinking HD is just a couple notches better. Which inspired me to play my HD Genesis with headphones. So, thanks again!

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#24 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,227 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:37 AM

Are you sure you aren't thinking HD vs. model 2?

DNa7A7D.jpg

#25 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 17,932 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:07 AM

Oh, you're right. That was a model 2 we had. Welp, headphone jack on the HD model is still neat!

#26 jmr

jmr

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:15 AM

You know, we actually did an IRL test with a Model 3, and an HD model. We kind of thought it didn't really sound that different. Now, I'm back to thinking HD is just a couple notches better. Which inspired me to play my HD Genesis with headphones. So, thanks again!

It seems to come down to the way the DAC channel is handled, some games are more effected than others. Streets of Rage in particular seems to suffer pretty bad, a lot of the samples are just outright missing. Trying to see if there's anything that can be done to correct it.

EDIT: this dude on the Sega-16 forums has done a pretty thorough comparison of all the hardware versions and PCB variations. There's WAY more versions of the Genesis than I knew about: http://www.sega-16.c...s-from-bad-ones

#27 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:21 AM

By any chance does anyone happen to have a complete PC Engine Rondo of Blood .hes? The only one I've been able to find a couple of places is very incomplete and just has 6 tracks and sound effects.

#28 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,227 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:56 PM

I wouldn't expect it to be complete since most of the tracks are CD audio.
DNa7A7D.jpg

#29 dasaten

dasaten

Shizz Captain

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:44 PM

Ah, that totally makes sense. Didn't even think about that.

#30 Jace

Jace

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:02 PM

Try this.  I haven't opened it up but Joshw's stuff generally contains both redbook audio (as mp3s) and vgm files for cd-based systems.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hardware, legit, genesis, tg16, snes, nes, 32x, game boy, sms, sound test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users