Mike456

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

calling shenanigans here

the hell gais

the placement of ErichWK's  Gunple cover is CLEAR evidence of butt-metal bias. BMB

i dont know the source, and i ant no ska guy, but it's a way more solid cover than most that go through here. i haven't listened on good speakers. is there some death sound that happens in the extreme freqs or something? bullshit

I'm ridin' on this train of thought. Erich's song rocked my socks (except I KNOW the source, Cetera you clown, you must experience ALTTP x Cowboyz). I also guessed that this song was by Erich before the results even came out... I can smell that drum steelo from a mile away.

ClockTower_PSX_Clown9.gif

#17 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,394 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

You can also tell it's my drumming because I am too lazy to do more than one take or any clean up. I will try to throw you for a loop this month, then!

I play drums, Make Video Games, and eat Hamburgers.

#18 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,467 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

Also, pingo, why didn't you submit your entry as a main?

Oh yeah, the 2 minutes limit. Duh.
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#19 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,394 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

The two minute rule also robbed pingo of winning Mag month with this song.

#20 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

I basically did all the guitar learning and tracking from like 10pm Friday night straight through til about noon Saturday... 

Jesus Christ dude, for that little of time spent it sounds really damn good. That's pretty goddamned impressive. 

#21 munzadeth

munzadeth

Reefer Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

thanks man!  yea it was pretty grueling piece-by-piece recording.  i got really into it for some reason though  B)

pingo... that fanfic!!! holy shit

i'm requesting pingo peanutbutter jar shaker on my next entry. 

#22 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,394 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

Also I would like to say that the Wario's Woods fanfic is absolutely amazing. 

#23 Eric Dude

Eric Dude

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,902 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

calling shenanigans here

the hell gais

the placement of ErichWK's Gunple cover is CLEAR evidence of butt-metal bias. BMB

i dont know the source, and i ant no ska guy, but it's a way more solid cover than most that go through here. i haven't listened on good speakers. is there some death sound that happens in the extreme freqs or something? bullshit

Blame me. It wad one of the rare months where I didn't vote as I was on vacation.

I will also take some blame, here. I didn't make time to vote, mainly because I didn't make enough time to listen, and I'm pretty sure I would have given this track a high rating.

i cross'd a barrier into SCOOPvilLe yesterday and dunked with the best jammers and fresh dip ballers roundabout through an awesome bomb dunk party.

#24 Narf

Narf

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

Waterworlds time to shine!

#25 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

I heard about Wario's Woods through of Legacy Music Hour, and put a couple tracks from it on my list of songs that are worth covering.  I had always envisioned violins and acoustic bass.

I actually recorded it mainly as a fanfic for my new girlfriend, but the timing and DoD theme were right for me to submit the instrumental version.  Here's the fanfic https://soundcloud.c...ds-rose/s-w7wUJ

Fun fact: the "shaker" is an old peanut butter jar filled with dirt from my back yard.  It sounds bad when you get bigger rocks in it, so I had to use a strainer from my kitchen to filter the rocks/big chunks of sand.

oh god you could have grabbed 3rd with the fanfic 

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

#26 nEwT

nEwT

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,467 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

Pingo isn't here for the fame or money, you people!
Spoiler

Kain, only you can mention your mother's death and your new awesome MMX NES rom hack in one post... so condolences :( and high five :o

There's a big difference between a show being good and a shoe being enjoyable.

#27 ErichWK

ErichWK

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,394 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

He is here for love. And babes.

#28 munzadeth

munzadeth

Reefer Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Pingo is in this for babes, and babes are in this for pingo.

#29 Monte

Monte

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

Hahaha DUDE. So good!! that fanfic is amazing. Pingo's best by far. I also know Rose so it's even better. What a lover boy ;)

#30 cetera

cetera

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

no question. the hotties love the pingo and little big pingo aka lil bingo

first of all, funky fm music just really does it for me.  Even if it's something corny like early mariah carey I can get way into the music with the fm bass and keys going on.   Then, there's everything else in this song.  The enigmatic title.  The synth programming brings out all the right emotional responses in me:  leads that remind me of thunderforce (even if the portamento isn't quite as exaggerated), chording synths that remind me of very old and charming genesis osts like super monaco (except somehow they don't sound as flimsy here), and of course a solid bass.  Great original motifs, interesting harmonies, good melody, rhythm.. everything that can make a song great is here!

My Music Here.  My Drug Blog vagmusic  NES-VHS                GkgBElO.png

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DoD, Dwelling Of Duels, May, Free Month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users