20 replies to this topic

#1 streifig

streifig

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:49 PM

The Free Month songs are up! 25 entries and ZERO ALTS! Could you believe that?

Songs
Zip download
YouTube Playlist

Vote using the voting app and send your votes at dodsongs@gmail.com.
The votes are due: end of the month.

The listening party was fun! At least what I caught of it. Thanks Russia, for cancelling time saving and making time zones even more confusing. Here' the chat log. Thanks to OverCoat for hosting the party!

marshallart.bandcamp.com
chiptune/post-rock, orange guitar, Russian-Canadian

soundcloud.com/lovebotsmsk
indie pop, orange guitar, Russian

#2 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:01 PM

every once in a while I check in and say "goddamn DoD is still going strong"

#3 Trohnics!

Trohnics!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:18 PM

Plenty of good songs this month. Brings a tear to my eye.

Sy3yrKe.png?3

#4 Arm Cannon

Arm Cannon

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:21 PM

wtf does everyone sing now?  All the vox are pretty good though

#5 streifig

streifig

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:56 AM

DAT FF1 SONG!

marshallart.bandcamp.com
chiptune/post-rock, orange guitar, Russian-Canadian

soundcloud.com/lovebotsmsk
indie pop, orange guitar, Russian

#6 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:45 AM

Me and soc agreed that the FF1 song should've been called Semi-Final Fantasy.

#7 3ngag3

3ngag3

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:31 AM

You guys can keep your FF1 remix hubabaloo.

I wanna talk about the bastard child of Seiken Densetsu 3 and Wolfenstein.

3fb.png

Use 800 gigabytes of samples, I give approximately 0 gigafucks.

It's because pooping is the shared human experience. It's a universal language, like Jazz.

#8 Battlerager

Battlerager

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:39 AM

HUGE turnout.

What a weird song.

That Darkwing Duck song rules.
XBox Live: ThaBattlerager
Heroes of Newerth: Battlerager
TEAM FIRE

#9 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:10 AM

Xenogears song would've been my favorite if the first half was as straightforward as the second half :/

#10 Valence

Valence

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:28 AM

Number 9....Number 9....Number 9....Number 9....Number 9....Number 9....Number 9....Number 9....Number 9....Number 9....Number 9....

#11 M-H

M-H

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

Slow day at work, so here are some off-the-cuff reviews:

Bonk's Adventure [GB] - No Time to Relax, Mr. Kidd!
Fun. Guitar tone needs some more expressive playing. Kind of repetitive but not bad. Quite pleasant!

Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow - Subterranean Jam
Great sounding acoustic, good playing. Drums are appropriately balanced. Reverbed electric guitar kind of makes the mix a little washy and unfocused at first. The lead panning is fine, tho.  Cool, chill tune. MAybe a little long? But not offensively so. Good job, bud.

Darkwing Duck - F.O.W.L. Music Band Rehearsal
More good acoustic stuff. Great playing and recording. I don't know this game or soundtrack at all. Kinda long, again, but it's whatevs. Maybe it's just me. Great job, friend. 

Double Dragon 2: The Revenge - Blow Out The Chopper
Neat intro. I guess it's power metal time. Not a big fan of the stutters during the melody early on, though. Just some palm-muted stuff would've been better IMO. Anyway, great playing, great production, and all that. You clearly know what you're doing. 

Etrian Odyssey 3, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Sonic The Hedgehog 2006, Thunder Force 4 - Mystic Odyssey
Weird collection of games to mega-medley but okay. Piano sounds good. Guitars and stuff sound good when everything kicks in -- mad fretboard skillz. Another track that felt long. Lots of Iron Maiden and old-school power metal influence. 

Final Fantasy 6 - I Cannot Be A Hero
Interesting. Sounds pretty good to me. Better vocals than I could do. I don't feel qualified to talk about this type of mix or style, so um, good job?

Final Fantasy - Find Your Way
Very pop-rock. More vocals... okay. They're also pretty good. Everything sounds pretty good, really. I'm back in the late '90s all over again. I feel like you nailed the genre pretty well. 

Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age - God Betrays!
Production is a bit cluttered, but I know firsthand that it's hard to make some of the wilder Motoi Sakuraba tracks sensible mix-wise. You did fine. Drums sound really compressed and crunchy, though. Synths are all okay. Guitars sound okay.. they get stomped on by all the other madness. This is still really fun to listen to. I don't know that I would've been able to do any better. I like your style, brah.

Guilty Gear Judgement - Those Birdcage Elevators Are Pretty Fucking Metal
Standard-issue DOD entry. Playing is good, tones are okay. Drums are basic. Cymbals are hidden way in the background, for my tastes. Lead guitars are a little harsh. Not awful. Nice, short, and to the point.

Kyatto Ninden Teyandee - Ninja Goes to China
Even more vocals. They're also not offensive, but are mostly pleasantly supplemental. Rhythm guitars are a little buzzy? Drums could use some velocity variation, especially the snare. Other instruments sound not-terrible. I do like the galloping. Playing is good. Bit of a long, meandering track without much structure. It just kind of keeps going... and going. There might be a slight tuning warbled with the drop-tuned rhythms and bass guitar, but maybe I'm just imaginging it.

Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - A Link To The Blast!
More classic DOD style medley stuff. Nothing sounds awful. Drums are a bit boring or vanilla. Guitars are fine. Similar arrangements have been done. Your playing is really good, though, very clean. Nothing it outright bad about your song, but after hearing these source songs for the past 12 years,  I can't help but lose interest at some point. Especially in loooooooong track. To your credit, you mix it up a fair bit, but I just can't even

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Observatory
Chorusy piano. This was very pleasant and different. The synth lead thing makes me smile.

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - Gorgeous Musical Ninja
Lead synth sounds good... Native Instruments Pro53? Very bass-heavy mix. Not bad, just not a lot of variation to the arrangement. Playing sounds good, drums are okay. Short and sweet! Good job.

Risk of Rain - Overloading Magma Worm
What you got there, some 5/4? That's neat. Not sure what to make of the track, though. Not at all familiar with the source. Playing is good--especially the solo--but there are some noticeable tuning issues here and there. Drums are good and don't rely on generic patterns. Overall, yay, good.

Seiken Densetsu 3 - Frenzy Road Carnival
I don't know what is happening but I'm into it. Haha, I stil have no idea what to make of this one after two minutes. Wait, is this... I can make an educated guess about the person who made this, but I'll omit it for the review purposes. This is turning into some sort of nightmare stretched over an eternity. I don't know how to review this. It was quite a trip, but I won't likely ever give it another spin? Thanks for keeping it weird.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - I'll Face My Something
Loud cymbals, bro. Guitars sound good... heavy. the organ was best when supplementing the lead, tho. Lead guitar is a bit sharp sounding? Something feels like it's missing at 1:42, like there should've been a different section before doing the main melody again. At least it wasn't 7 minutes long.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 - Dr.Robotnik's Mechanical Dreams
Yay, this is unique. Very cool. All the sounds fit together. I dig the bass sounds. Rats off to ya! Great work. Will be listening to many more times. Thanks for not stretching it on and on and on.

Street Fighter IV - Indestructible
Wow, yet more singing. It's also pretty good. I'd have slathered it in reverb, but that doesn't seem to be the point of this track. You done good. I don't know if I've heard a DOD entry quite like this. 

Sub-Terrania - Sub-Terrania Underground Trip
I was never good at this game as a kid. This sounds like an electronica song. I wonder what was played the live. Most of the guitars sound a lot like a patch out of a Yamaha keyboard. They're really buzzy, either way. I guess the lead guitars, sound real... still buzzy and slightly not intontated with each other. The rest of the electronic sounds are cool and . This track didn't do it for me. Much too long, especially the intro.

Super Mario Galaxy - Chillrock Chalaxy
Chillrock is correct. Sounds are good, playing is good, melody gets stuck in my head. Good change-up later on... I actually wanted that little bit to go on just a little longer, but the resolution was perfect. Great job, yo. 

The 7th Saga - Demon in the Fortress
May want to try some more panning with your guitars. Everything's kind of balled up in the middle for the most part. Drums are okay, but feel way out behind everything. Guitars sound good, and the playing isn't bad. I know it may be super conventional, but try two rhythms at the left and right. It could open the middle a bit to showcase the melody.  

Touhou 8: Imperishable Night - Dreaming of You
I don't know anything about this game. Ha, this is pretty unique. That first synth is weird, man, but I kinda like it. Diggin' the arps too. The bass is a little lightweight, and the drums are pretty robotic. Track gets a little repetitive but it's not too bad. Good effort. 

WCW/NWO Revenge - Where The Big Boys Play
Distorted guitars sound good, but the clean bits feel out of place, to my ears, though. This is a very solid, nice heavy entry. The leads sound really chorusy... a little too much so. Subjective, I know. Boy those harmonics get a tiresome after a while. The voice clips are neat. There's not much in the way of melody, so I guess something had to fill the void. 

Witcher, Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest - Bloody Witcher Is Da Mann
Yeah! Quick drum intro - my kind of thing. Everything sounds pretty good. Playing is solid, mix is good. Great tapping technique, yo. Wish I could solo like that. Great work, man. One of my favorites for the month. 

Xenogears - Creator's Wish
whoa them some big drums. Maybe too much mix compression? Yeah, mix is pretty crunchy. All your sounds are good, at least. Also this is one of my all-time fav game soundtracks. Kick drum pattern gets a little old after a while. Voice samples are pretty well done and not irritating. Nice playing, BTW. This arrangement is nice. Just lighten up on the mastering limiter a few dB. Otherwise, as far as long tracks, go this is one of my top picks.

BANDCAMP - Featuring my newest original metal album Rotting Planet (2020) as well as Maiden Voyage a tribute to the Star Ocean games (2019)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#12 M-H

M-H

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,730 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

Ummmmm bump?

BANDCAMP - Featuring my newest original metal album Rotting Planet (2020) as well as Maiden Voyage a tribute to the Star Ocean games (2019)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#13 Battlerager

Battlerager

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

Will edit this post with reviews soon. Thanks for the bump!

Bonk's Adventure [GB] - No Time to Relax, Mr. Kidd!
(I don't know the source material)
Sounds pretty good. Kind of repetitive - I think the main thing to work on would be the drums, they sound good but are very barebones. They are kept so simple that the drumfill around ~1.03 feels like it comes out of nowhere by contrast. I like the brass sprinkles - I feel having them around more would also have livened up the arrangement. Good mix, okay playing, a bit weak on the songwriting / arrangement side.

Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow - Subterranean Jam
(I know the source material)
Love the source material. That chorusy guitar sounds so 80's, haha. Lots of tricky time sig changes here. I feel like the ending sounds pretty empty - this could have used some lead guitar (or any extra, distorted guitar) to smooth over.

Darkwing Duck - F.O.W.L. Music Band Rehearsal
Love the style. Super cool flourishes and great playing in general. Piano sounds great too. Nice, warm, bass. This is probably my favorite song this month, it's all very smooth and natural sounding. Don't really have any complaints.

Double Dragon 2: The Revenge - Blow Out The Chopper
Very modern metal. Cool intro. Nice, choppy rhythm guitar. In general, great production. It's always tricky to get distorted guitar to sound good with open chords (1.15), but this is good.

Spoiler

Etrian Odyssey 3, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Sonic The Hedgehog 2006, Thunder Force 4 - Mystic Odyssey
Cool, straightforward song. Medley works well. Who knew that Mystic Quest sped up feels like Sonic music? You, apparently. This is super solid power metal. I like the synths a lot, too. Cool solo! I'm jealous of your chops. Only part I dislike is 3.51 - 4.00; the doublebass makes the drums sound really flat and there's not much going on in the instruments to divert attention here.

Final Fantasy 6 - I Cannot Be A Hero
Love your bass sound. Weird vocal style, but pretty well done. Not a huge fan of the lyrics, but I dig the overall feel. I was badly craving some whistling and / or harmonica sections, haha.

Final Fantasy - Find Your Way

Great production, good singing. Lyrics are alright. You really nailed the genre. No complaints here, good grades from me!

Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age - God Betrays!

Heavy stuff, really technical in spots. Sometimes it's almost too much - too loud, too much going on. Nice production and good playing though. Pretty long with no real standout bits to me, but also no weak areas. Good stuff.

Guilty Gear Judgement - Those Birdcage Elevators Are Pretty Fucking Metal

Straightforward metul cover. High energy, quite fun! Some of the pitch bends sound a little off, sadly - it's super hard to get pitch bends to harmonize well. Not a big fan of the bass sound, but guitars sound good and heavy. Good effort!

Kyatto Ninden Teyandee - Ninja Goes to China

Not a bit fan of the rhythm guitar sound on its own - but when the other instruments kick in, it sounds fine. Drums are okay, but I feel the snare sticks out a bit much and there could be more cymbal / hihat action going on. Good lead guitar sound and playing. Rocking! Pretty similar feel throughout, which can become a drag - some stylistic variation here and there might have done wonders. Despite my criticisms, I enjoyed this one quite a bit.

Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - A Link To The Blast!

This is gonna sound really unfair, and I'm sorry. This is a really good entry - there's nothing wrong with it. Good production, good playing, good arrangement, The problem for me is that I feel I heard this song before. The source material is super known and well explored, and it feels like CarboHydroM's "Unsealed" has the "Link to the Past Mega-Medley" territory covered - I think the song order is even similar, from my fuzzy memory. Please keep going and submit more, this is great quality.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Observatory

The piano almost sounds like midi piano to me - together with the repeating drumbeat, it reminds me of Clonk Planet even, haha. That said, the source material is great, and with the synth lead kicking in later, the song really starts to take shape and feels good. I don't think the beat is very fitting even then, but the synth and piano nicely enrichen each other. I enjoyed this song but chuckled where I felt I wasn't supposed to.

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - Gorgeous Musical Ninja

Pretty nice mix overall. Can't get enough organ in rock! These riffs remind me of TMNT. Nice, crunchy bass. I felt like the song ran out of things to say around the midway mark. A solo or an interlude of sorts might have been great, but I also appreciate just getting the source material done RIGHT. Good song.

Risk of Rain - Overloading Magma Worm

Great intro. The distorted parts are okay. Pretty interesting synth leads. Interlude around 2:30 is super atmospheric. 2:47 is really slick, I love how the bass basically takes the lead in the sound. The guitar with a delay effect kicking in here sounds a bit out of tune - but it feels like it's intentional, and it works. Love it. Re-intro at 3:43 is cool. Nice entry. I felt the acoustic and atmospheric bits were amazing and the distorted and rocking bits fell a bit short.

Seiken Densetsu 3 - Frenzy Road Carnival

What is going on? I had to portion this one into 3 smaller bits to make it all the way through. Reminds me of Shnab's "Playing SMW while taking Mushrooms" - but way weirder. Where are these samples from? Hard to say what's played live here. I have no idea how to rate this one.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - I'll Face My Something

Nice flanger. Yay, more organ! Nice and short. The song is pretty well explored and covered, but this one was worthy. Nice accentuation on the leads, good mix. Thumbs up!

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 - Dr.Robotnik's Mechanical Dreams

One of my favorites this month. Very unique, nicely mixed, playing is good. Cool drum mixups. Reminds me of Evergrey's 'Mark of the Triangle'. Super delicous solo. Love the synth bass stuff.

Street Fighter IV - Indestructible

Unique arrangement, totally works. The cheesy lyrics sound deeply sincere with this delivery, haha. Great sounding piano. Good singing throughout - not pitch perfect, but hitting the right feel throughout, imbued with meaning and some impressive moments. (4:07!) Fantastic.

Sub-Terrania - Sub-Terrania Underground Trip
I enjoyed this song a lot. It wasn't too long for me at all - it really  took its time to let the atmosphere build up to towering heights. Great intro. The synths and general arrangement reminds me of the Tracker Music days and games like Unreal and Deus Ex. Love the transition into the stompy bits (like 2:47) with the heavy church bell samples. Super cool, great entry. This made me look up the original soundtrack!

Super Mario Galaxy - Chillrock Chalaxy
Dat Hawaii feel. Really feels like you know what you're doing. Great production. When the heavier bits come bursting through, they are just the right amount of heavy - not too much to destroy the "chillrock" feel promised in the title. Great little song.

The 7th Saga - Demon in the Fortress
Don't think the intro added much. Decent lead guitar sound, but I feel your rhythm guitar and bass are competing with each other - and the bass is losing. The drums sound pretty thin. Overall, this is a decent entry held back by mix / production. Keep at it!

Touhou 8: Imperishable Night - Dreaming of You
Weird drum / bass timing. Dig the synths though. Feels like a dancehall song. Bass and synths work well together, but it feels like there's some empty space inbetween that could be filled up somehow. Doesn't really have a buildup / climax. Alright entry, nice style.

WCW/NWO Revenge - Where The Big Boys Play
LOL at these samples. Song is pretty straightforward cockrock riffage. Clean guitars don't sound super hot but do a good job of offering variation. The samples are hilarious, but I can't even pay much attention to the music behind it, they really draw all of the attention. The part at 2:15 sounds wonky somehow - i think it's the drums that sound too mechanical here. Cracked me up.

Witcher, Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest - Bloody Witcher Is Da Mann
Great little drum intro, bass helping a lot here too. Great production in general. Really chunky gallops. Impressive tappin', too. Good solo. Very ... Dwelling of Duels, haha. Super competent entry.

Xenogears - Creator's Wish
Big, epic mix and arrangement. Sounds really huge. The tom-heavy drumbeats are really drivin'. Good shit. Feels like a journey. No complaints really, enjoyed it a lot.

XBox Live: ThaBattlerager
Heroes of Newerth: Battlerager
TEAM FIRE

#14 travis

travis

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

ALttP arrangement is pretty damn solid. A few minor gripes with the drum programming/writing and the production, but I'm super picky anyway. It's all 80% of the way to "perfect". Whoever did this, keep it up.

hhLJkpL.png

#15 Harjawaldar

Harjawaldar

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

No time to relax, mr kidd

First of all, get your guitars in tune before recording, no excuse. Haven’t heard the source before and I won’t check it out either. On the plus side, I think you did manage to get a goofy vibe going.

Subterranean jam

Acoustic guitar is sounding good! Some of the electric guitars remind me of Falling into infinity, well, maybe just right at the beginning. Source is typical castlevania, good as always. Nice part at 03:10. Maybe the drums could be louder? The solo guitar is a bit too dry. Overall a descent tune.

F.O.W.L

Jazzy vibe going, instantly enjoying this. Nice piano parts, guitar parts and walking bass. Drums sound good in the mix. You’re pretty much nailing the genre, good job! Always nice to hear something else than metal done well in DoD.

Blow out the chopper

Solid djent metal going on. Loudness and tight guitars (prolly with some editing;)) Very nice harmonies in both solo backing and rhythm guitars. You seem to master the djent genre very well. A very cool entry.

Mystic odyssey

Piano intro and the word odyssey quickly bring my mind to Symphony X. But this is more straight forward metal/rock, that’s cool! This reminds me of a good old Tony Macalpine tune (especially the guitar tone and harmonies). You’ve got good expression on the guitar. Very nice guitar solo. The drums may sound a bit flat though, make those fuckers pop! I like the return of the piano. Overall a solid, classic DoD-tune.

I cannot be a hero

A slow one. The instrumentation sounds good. The electric guitar does a great job at keeping this interesting. The vocal arrangement is pretty cool, but it would be cooler with a much coarser voice. I can pretty much hear the youth in your voice and for this tune it should be a weary man. But that’s just like, my opinion, man. Good try anyway though. A nice tune to change it up genre-wise.

Find your way

This one is not too different from the previous. But THAT pop-chorus though! Snap doodle! Late 90’s early 2000’s radio pop. You guys nailed it! Vocals are good, soft and chill. Solid tune.

God betrays!

The first tune to prog it up! I like it. The mix sounds very pushed, drums are compressed to fuck and I don’t find that appealing. The arrangement is very written and performed. Synths are awesome. Rhythm guitars are kinda dark and unclear. Nice intensity towards the end. Good tune, dude!

Those birdcage elevators are pretty fucking metal

A short rocker. I’m not hearing any cymbals, not cool man. If you’re gonna rock out with your cock out, you need to hit play those drums properly. The lead tones sound dry and kinda cheap/digital. The best parts are the start and end riffing, they rock pretty good!

Ninja goes to China

This is pretty cool, especially because of that koto (?) synth. Leads could be more expressive. The tones just sit still, make those fuckers sing! Otherwise they are very well played; they may be a bit dry though. Arrangement is good, you get a nice groove going. I like the part where you slow it down towards the end. Fade out is a bit swift. Overall an enjoyable and slightly different metal tune.

A link to the Blast

This source material has been metalized to death by now, but I gotto give credit where credit is due – you did a great job man! The arrangement reminds me first and foremost of Carbohydrom’s classic 20 minute ALTTP tune from some years back. The stuff you are serving here is pretty similar. The difference I would say is that you lean more towards heavier riffing, while Carbo went for quicker punk/rock riffs, although his version is pretty metalized as well. The Source themes you choose are all wonderful and so your arrangements. You -blast- quickly through the different themes and the transitions are pretty seemless (I might not be the right judge for that though, since I know all the source material too well, I always know whats coming when you start something new). Must have taken you some time to learn and arrange all these themes. Good job! This tune was a treat for a long time ALTTP fan.

Observatory

This one was a pretty simple, nice and happy little tune. I like the sounds and arrangement. It’s repetitive but that’s okay.

Gorgeous musical ninja

A short and very typical oldschool DoD tune. I like the synths you use, Hammond is always badass. There’s nothing particularly exciting going on, but it’s a descent tune. The mix could be clearer.

Overloading magma worm

Production is nice and clear, and the arrangement is proggy. Drums and bass are doing cool stuff. Can’t say I really dig the short melody going on in this one, it’s a bit lame frankly. Not quite sure what to think of this, other than: some parts are cool!

Frenzy road carnival

Speaking of not knowing what the fuck to think about a tune.. This one is weird, as the title indicates. I don’t think I get what you are trying to do here; maybe I would if I knew the source. It’s a long one too. It gets pretty creepy towards the end, that’s cool! Otherwise, this is one long and silly ride that I don’t quite understand.

I’ll face my something

I like the varying use of synth and guitar lead. Arrangement is also varied and enjoyable. I especially like the “chorus” part. A solid metal entry. Keep it up!

Dr. Robotnik’s mechanical dreams

This one is nice and chill. I like the synth bass, it fits very well. Brave snare choice. You get the dreamy vibe that the title promises going, good job!

Indestructible

Piano and female vocals, didn’t expect that. She hits the notes, but I don’t think she would get far if she tried her luck in American idol. It’s a catchy tune, so good job!

Underground trip

Starts with some appropriately ominous ambience. Two minutes, and things start happening. This tune sound like it could be in one of the early red alert games. It’s not very eventful music, but would be perfect background music for a RTS game. The mix isn’t very good when it comes to the metal. Guitars sound thin and distant. It’s a cool tune though.

Chillrock Chalaxy

Clear and good mix. Arrangement is cool and funky. Perfect switch to distortion at the “chorus”. Some soloing for variation in between. The mix start to sound a bit pushed when the distorted rhythm guitars join in. A solid tune though, arrangement and performance is perfect considering what you were going for. Spot on.

Demon in the fortress

I like the source and melodies. Your mix and performance is a bit like a metal tune that is toned down. Maybe you should get an expansion for your ez drummer, also, the drums are pretty low in the mix. Try to get more expression going in the lead guitar as well. Overall, this tune isn’t too bad even though it reeks of classic noobness.

Dreaming of you

Dreaming of me? Well, that’s nice! ;))). Is this a dance tune? I think some harder electronic beats would be more appropriate than those boring acoustic drum samples. Nice beat at 01:10 and 03:10 though! This sounds like a mix of those DJ tiesto trance tunes and of 90’s ace of base instrumentation. Not quite my cup of tea, but it’s descent.

Where the big boys play

The mix sounds pretty good. But lol that funk guitar is pretty poorly executed. The first thing I should do, is take YOUR head out of your metal ASS! WOO! The second half gets a bit repetitive, but the voice samples are cool! Thanks for the nostalgia trip!

Bloody witcher is da mann

Holy shit, LOUDNESS, compared to the previous tune this is much louder. The wav must look like an erect penis pointing east. The mix sounds pretty good nonetheless. It’s a short one, so if you like classic DoD-tunes, this one is filled to the brim with goodness. Nothing revolutionary going on, just rocking out to your favorite sources, that’s A – OKAY man!

Creator’s wish

Haven’t heard the source before, but I like the melodies and I like the way you arranged this one. The rhythm guitars are dark and unclear at times, the instruments are fighting for the frequencies it seems. The leads are pretty straight forward; they deliver the melody which is pretty nice. Overall, a good one. Like the synths.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DoD, Dwelling Of Duels, Free Month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users