#1 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:00 PM

9 main entries, and 3 alts!

Go check them out and vote over at http://www.dwellingofduels.net/voting !

Please feel free to put discussion and reviews here, or in discord.

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#2 corysbeard

corysbeard

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:18 AM

Alcahest - I Wish:
I always respect a capella entries because singing is hard. Though I found myself wanting something more than the "ahh" vowel sound. So it was refreshing when everything finally changed up halfway through.

Castlevania - Child in the Sky:
I thought the mix, the guitar playing and the guitar tone were great here. Very tasty reverb on the guitar that mixes well with the pad. The main thing I think that can be improved here is the drum programming, especially for how well they're mixed. Just needs some variance in those velocities, especially the crash cymbals and the hat. Maybe have the crash just go off on the '4' instead of the '3' and '4' helps with that, too. Less of a chance to dissect hit velocities.

Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors 2 - Levels 1&2:
Enjoyed this one. Don't have much to say critically here. Maybe the overall low-mids could be tweaked some. Wasn't too distracting though. \m/

Mario Kart 64 - Luigi's Stare of Death:
Sick playing and arrangement. But I dunno, man. Which one is the live instrument here? :3

Nage Libre - Free!:
I love the bass, synth and key tones here specifically. Is that a mix of real keys and Wurly?

Pro Sport Hockey - Now You're on a Power Play:
Great guitar playing here. I'd say the bass might be a bit too loud in the mix.

Starcraft - Creep Colony:
Love the ambiance here, and that it's not another Terran cover. :P I'd say there is some harshness in the mix that needs improved.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - Trial By Fire:
Enjoyed the playing and production here! Another track where I don't have much critical to say. If anything I'd say it needs just a little more bass. Not familiar with the source material, so I got really hype when, around 3:44, I thought there was a random/out of place NFL on FOX motif for the fuck of it. Then sad when I realized it wasn't that. :(

Yakuza Kiwami - Baka Mitai ~ I've Been a Fool:
Lots of singing this month. :D Chat was saying there are lots of Queen vibes here, but because of that the arrangement felt lacking on the guitar front. Which isn't fair because it probably wasn't intentional to invoke Freddy Mercury (and definitely not a bad thing to pull off). It's funny though because whenever in my head I'd say "there needs to be more guitar", guitar would be brought in. And the moment I go "aww yeah, now we're talking" the guitar would go away. :(

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users