#1 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 09:38 PM

Recover Results:

#1 Prince uf Darkness, Connor Engstrom, The Tiberian Sons - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda - Full Mast (original - Snappleman, virt) - good +0.14
#2 Ivan Hakštok - Mega Man 2 - New Inhabitants of the Dwelling: The Return of the Secret of the Electric Boogalooze (Part 1) (original - norg) - good -0.44
#3 newip, Inrudiment - Ninja Gaiden - The Masked Devil (original - Inside Shell) - good -0.48
#4 The Recover Collective, Czyszy, EmpireAnts98, TheBitterRoost, BakiTheFox - Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - Back at the Finja Shack (original - finbeard, nguyendoes) - above average +0.05
#5 Katamari - Chrono Trigger - Time - Lavos - Chance (original - Moiré Effect) - above average -0.03
#6 Ian Martyn - Ghosts 'n Goblins, Mega Man 7, Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest - Nobody:  Me: Treat Suite, but now it's under 20 minutes - average +0.36
#7 Jett Swole - Tales of Phantasia - The Feels 2 - The Return of the Sequel's Revenge Part 2 Turbo (Electric Boogaloo) (original - MushroomSword) - average +0.35
#8 Garpocalypse - Mass Effect 3 - Leaving Earth (original - Sebdoom) - average +0.29
#9 tibone - Silent Hill - Out for a Stroll (original - Ailsean) - average +0.13
#10 Juja, Brandon Strader - Mega Man X - Six-Stringed Sniper (original - Six-Stringed Flamberge) - average -0.12
Voters: 18

20-04-Free.jpg

Congrats to Prince uf Darkness, Connor Engstrom, The Tiberian Sons, Ivan Hakštok, newip, Inrudiment for taking the top 3 placement spots for Recover Month!

Next month is a Free Month! Any song from any game is acceptable as a source for this month.

This month's banner was created by Valentin Potkin!

Speaking of banner art, we just recently launched a Patreon for this site with the main focus being raising money for monthly banner art (including this month)! Please consider contributing and helping support this VGM community! Subscribers get a sneak peek at upcoming banner art and a special role in our Discord server, along with a private channel for sneak peeks behind the DoD curtain.

Thanks to Impact Soundworks, the winner of this month will be getting a prize - one of the following ISW libraries: Shreddage Drums, Shreddage Bass 2, Shreddage, Shreddage 2 or Super Audio Cart!

Also: Did you know that we now have a Discord server? As well as a whole new Music Player? Keep up with the times!

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#2 Demonstray

Demonstray

Sleeveless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,295 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:01 PM

Fuckinnnnnnnnng CALLED IT. A well deserved first place, that's for damn sure.

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#3 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:11 PM

Congrats PuD/Tiberian Sons! Like I said in the reviews, Full Mast is one of the best DoD songs ever, and your cover is on the same level! Great stuff!

Now, about my entry: for years I've wanted to cover Inhabitants of the Dwelling, because it's one of the most creative songs in DoD history and because norg is a cool dude whose songs were among the first DoD songs I've ever listened to.

So, with my entry I wanted to do a couple of things:

- Cover norg

- Pay tribute to DoD

- Do stuff I've never tried before, in this case making a 20+ minute song

I decided to go with relatively new DoD inhabitants for each robot master. I couldn't hide my terrible accent so I pronounced my name wrong intentionally to maybe throw people off. I'm glad people liked it enough to vote it 2nd! Thanks everyone!

#4 Juja

Juja

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:51 PM

God damn. I got obliterated. Sorry, Six-Stringed Flamberge... I tried. I suppose somebody had to come in last. I didn't know this month's competition was going to be such top-tier ferocity. I particularly admire Hakstok for having the dark matter density level balls to cover Norg's original Inhabitants.

#5 tibone

tibone

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:08 AM

it's been a while since we've seen a month such high-level overall entries. 

amazing.

no april fool's theme, though. =(

i was hoping for "visual hentai novels on pc-88 month", personally.

Can you Jam with the Console Cowboys in the Cyberspace ?

#6 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:37 AM

Dwelling of Duels is a pizza company now

Dwelling of Dough

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#7 Demonstray

Demonstray

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,295 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:49 PM

i was hoping for "visual hentai novels on pc-88 month", personally.

Free Month needs to just become Visual Hentai Novels On PC-88 Month. Make it happen, contestants!

You don't see me going to ice cream socials and not eating ice cream and socializing.

#8 The Akkadian

The Akkadian

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:17 PM

have an idea for this month, it's a little out of my comfort zone but doable

My Music Hosted below:                                                                           |          My Poetry:

https://glennmurawsk...dcamp.com/music - ALL ALBUMS FREE       |          https://allpoetry.com/Gmurawski

https://soundcloud.com/glennjamin2k1           

https://soundcloud.com/cyan11

https://soundcloud.com/glenn-murawski/

http://cyan11.newgrounds.com/audio/

Latest Release:

https://glennmurawski.bandcamp.com/album/absolver

#9 thebitterroost

thebitterroost

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:43 PM

Man, the voting is harsh! Full mast recover barely above “good”
Drummer, gamer, always, lamer

#10 Czyszy

Czyszy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:22 AM

4th place. Considering the fact, that it's a vocal entry, it's a decent achievement. I'm not gonna lie. Finbeard's DoD track has always been one of those songs that had an incredible replay value for me. So, when the recover month was announced, well... I knew I was gonna do that one right from the start. I asked Kacepru (EmpireAnts98) if he'd want to collab. I gave him a link to the finbeard track. To my surprise, it turned out he had already known the source song (the N64 Ganbare Goemon version). He then enthusiasticly agreed to add some guitars and vocals. That's when I started sketching out the arrangement. As we were brainstorming everything, I thought: hmmm... "what if we had live drums just like the original?" So I contacted TheBitterRoost. As soon as I got a "yes" response, I began to finalize the first draft of our recover. Halfway through, I had another idea. I wanted a cool guitar solo. So I asked Baki, if he would like to participate. Then it all went smoothly.... almost. Despite the fact Roost got blisters on his hands, Kacepru broke a string in his guitar and Baki couldn't figure out a good melody for the solo to the point, I had to sketch it out for him, we managed to finish the song on time. xD

IMO it's one of the most fun tracks and best collabs I've ever done for DoD.

iu_10481_5243319.jpg?raw=1

#11 Ivan Hakštok

Ivan Hakštok

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:43 AM

Does my entry count as a vocal entry?

#12 Demonstray

Demonstray

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 12,295 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:42 AM

I'm noticing something.

I get it, everybody. We've all seen or heard of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

#13 M-H

M-H

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:56 AM

I'm noticing something.

I get it, everybody. We've all seen or heard of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Most people haven't seen it.

And those who did probably didn't finish it.

And if you did and think like me, the original Breakin' is actually the good one. 

BANDCAMP - Featuring my newest release, Maiden Voyage a tribute to the Star Ocean games
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users