36 replies to this topic

#31 Xplo

Xplo

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:03 AM

I don't think I'd do the Patreon ultimate behind the scenes thing... seems like it'd be like the special features in movies, at first you're watching the bloopers and the unused alternate ending and it's cool, but at some point you're forcing yourself to watch the rejected trailers with early CG placeholders and watching the movie for the sixth time with the gaffer and best boy commentary track and wondering what even happened to your life.

I do feel like I should throw you some money or something though, if you want that.

#32 xoc

xoc

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:01 PM

Hey would it be ok if I submitted something from outside our group (assuming he's cool with it)? I'm gonna PM roup (assuming he's cool with it)? I'm gonna PM him...

Edit: he said it was cool, Although he didn’t remember sending me anything. He’s one of my fellow Prince fans from the Usenet days, and I’ve been sitting on vocal tracks for 20 years and never did anything with them.

So if that’s cool, just remind me where I’m supposed to send you the link

There are quite a few non-Shizzies in the HF canon! It was just something that started happening. One example that jumps to mind is in the song Cattyfat, the little kid credited as "Hussain" beatboxing ("Oon-AHH-oon-oon-AHH-uh-OH!-ah-oh yeah y-y-yeah y-y-UGHN..."). I can't remember offhand who supplied that, but it was too good not to use.

and all contributions - links or files - go to

xhf5-dcv-t_addyGfugs.png

Oh, and BTW: I've received a lot of WAV files that are stereo format, but the content is in mono (same audio in both L and R channels). It's not a real problem, but if you convert these things to mono WAV, you'll cut both the upload/download time and storage space in half... just a suggestion.

xoc projects and more at
TRASH CAN EAGLE RECORDS
TCE_TILT_SHIZZ_sig.png

also
XOC t00bin XOC feceBook

#33 mana

mana

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:25 PM

Thanks, y'all. <3

From a contributor perspective, I'd be happy to keep sending parts to you. I think as long as people know of the Patreon's existence up front, they'll be happy to give you parts.

Oh no, I didn't mean that only subscribers could send parts; "Heavy Friends" is just a synonym for the Shizzies* that wanna participate. I'm not really sure what connection it'll have to a patronage setup yet.

Speaking of parts I haven't received any new contributions in a while! I still have things to work on, but (and I know I've said this before) this kind of stuff uses up material the way driving a Hummer uses up dignity fuel. If we're gonna make it to EP#4** I need as much audio as I can get, so... MORE PLZ

* in the past, it was a combination of sources: posters from TheSHIZZ, VGMix, Metroid Metal's forum, and to a lesser extent the M2k2 forums.

** or even 5? I've been re-thinking the "EP per quarter" concept too. Who knows

Oh, whoops, I wasn't clear about what I meant; as long as HFs know that you're running a Patreon, it's probably fine. Just like making the terms of where the "money trail" is clear. e.g. I'm okay with you running a Patreon for your projects, I'll definitely send over parts no matter what.

#34 xoc

xoc

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 01:54 PM

NAG BUMP - MORE HEAVY AUDIO REQUESTED

Spoiler

Melodies are always helpful. Vocal melodies are even better.

And a new guideline: No more close-up sounds of eating, lip smacking, kissy noises, etc. I never used those before and I'm not starting now. That's the one thing I just can't listen to, it drives me fucking bonkers. If you feel like I'm singling you out (yes, you), I am not. SO many contributors have sent me that stuff over the years.

xoc projects and more at
TRASH CAN EAGLE RECORDS
TCE_TILT_SHIZZ_sig.png

also
XOC t00bin XOC feceBook

#35 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:21 PM

That's fuckin weird man

#36 weener

weener

Sleeveless

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,732 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:37 PM

Just to be clear, does that mean you're ready for more tracks of guys peeing?

#37 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,240 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:14 AM

Ok, time to put the child back to work

I broke down and watched Showgirls. Can anyone help me.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users