M-H

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:10 AM

... Planet

https://m-hmusic.ban.../rotting-planet

(i do not desire money, please enter $0 to download it. I am more than happy to merely share my work)

10 originals, 1 X Japan cover, and 1 Slayer cover. Yes, you can now enjoy me over-enunciating Japanese lyrics in my gurgly death vocals.

YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube....EWDt6FHTBBuyttp

It's getting rave reviews:

"whoa are you sure you want your family to see these lyrics?" - ex-wife

"it's got like, some Bodom vibes....you don't listen to COB? man you'd like them. Some of their stuff is like this but like faster and more technical. Wait, that came out wrong" - some guy at work

"this is better than your other album" - close friend

"I liked that one part" - other friend

"I still can't believe you don't listen to Bodom. They covered Silent Scream on one of their albums too" - that guy at work

"is this the less talented abortion survivor from a blood orgy between slayer, death, and gamma ray?" - nobody, but I wish someone would

I released it a day early. It's also available everywhere Distrokid services but I don't recommend getting on those stores because they won't have the two cover songs AND whatever encoding they did fucked up the intros to two of the songs and I'm still trying to figure out if it can be rectified.

BANDCAMP - Featuring my newest original metal album Rotting Planet (2020) as well as Maiden Voyage a tribute to the Star Ocean games (2019)
SoundCloud
Operation British - My Gundam chiptune album @ Anime Remix

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#2 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:17 AM

You don't listen to Bodom!? At least their first three albums!?

#3 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:25 AM

Those are the most enticing reviews I've ever read, I gotta check this out

#4 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:44 AM

Is this the less talented abortion survivor from a blood orgy between Slayer, Death, and Gamma ray?

I technically said it and that is the best kind of correct.

Seriously this is awesome. Definitely loved hearing the songs before and enjoying them now.

#5 M-H

M-H

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:50 AM

I had a friend a long time ago who listened to a looooot of metal I am not into who really liked them so I assumed I would hate them and never bothered. But they're phenomenal. They're like, a straight up power metal band with dirty vocals. I could see Helloween performing most of their songs.

To close out the anecdote: I asked that 'guy' a few days later if he ever listened to power metal and he said "nah, metal bands that use keyboards are gay, except COB".

BANDCAMP - Featuring my newest original metal album Rotting Planet (2020) as well as Maiden Voyage a tribute to the Star Ocean games (2019)
SoundCloud

"You know BornInCrimson, guys, right? The guy who hosts, like, Dwelling of Duels? I was in there with him, and Master Hatchet, that guy kicks ass. He has like these metal arrangements. But anyways. I'm trying to say...uh...I was there with these guys, and uh..."

#6 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:02 AM

I had a friend a long time ago who listened to a looooot of metal I am not into who really liked them so I assumed I would hate them and never bothered. But they're phenomenal. They're like, a straight up power metal band with dirty vocals. I could see Helloween performing most of their songs.

To close out the anecdote: I asked that 'guy' a few days later if he ever listened to power metal and he said "nah, metal bands that use keyboards are gay, except COB".

I guess he never listened to Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Emperor, Kalmah (which you should listen to btw if you don't!)?

#7 Papahoodwinker

Papahoodwinker

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:22 AM

This fucking rules hard dude great work

#8 M-H

M-H

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:03 AM

Thx, everybody. My heart cockles are warm.

I guess he never listened to Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Emperor, Kalmah (which you should listen to btw if you don't!)?

I will look them up. Cradle of Filth is another one I assumed I wouldn't like for the same exact reason.

Oh, and I'll have a full YouTube playlist up tonight.

SoundCloud

#9 Leonidus

Leonidus

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:42 PM

Particularly like Baby Boomers Maybe Doomed Us and the calm interlude part in The Dreaming City.  The lyrics are too metal for my taste, but I wanted you to know the music is good stuff.  You should be really proud.

Pimps don't commit suicide

#10 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:25 PM

Thx, everybody. My heart cockles are warm.

I will look them up. Cradle of Filth is another one I assumed I wouldn't like for the same exact reason.

Oh, and I'll have a full YouTube playlist up tonight.

I personally couldn't get into Cradle. I can't stand Dani Filth's voice (and he's an asshole in general), and don't care for the music. I'd call out Kalmah specifically because they are similar to Bodom, but less power metal. They have riffs for days especially their first three albums. 

For Emperor, I dunno, maybe you'll like their last album Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire & Demise. That's my favorite because it's the most musically interesting from their catalog. And it is dense. It took me a few listens to get into it. 

But anyways, I'll stop derailing this thread with recommendations (PM me or whatever if you want to talk more!) and I'll get on about how great your original stuff is:

It rocks!

#11 M-H

M-H

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:23 PM

Particularly like Baby Boomers Maybe Doomed Us and the calm interlude part in The Dreaming City.  The lyrics are too metal for my taste, but I wanted you to know the music is good stuff.  You should be really proud.

I appreciate it nonetheless. That song exists because I said the phrase out loud a couple years ago during a conversation and liked the alliteration enough to type it into my phone's notepad so I wouldn't forget.

SoundCloud

#12 M-H

M-H

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:35 PM

YouTube Playlist link:

https://www.youtube....EWDt6FHTBBuyttp

SoundCloud

#13 M-H

M-H

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:59 AM

My family's reaction to this album was milder than I expected, which is a relief. We went to church a lot when my bro and I were kids, but by the time I was in high school all we did was volunteer to help clean the building once a month. I'm guessing some sort of guilt inside my dad over not actually attending drove him to signing us all up as kind of a "the least we could do" thing. I was still worried he would want to have a 'serious' talk with me about faith after listening to the music but he seemed to be more amused by it than anything else.

SoundCloud

#14 pingosimon

pingosimon

Shizz Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,818 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:20 PM

Ok finally listened.  SICK!  But dude, don't throw up ahahah

What drums do you use?

#15 streifig

streifig

Shizz JediMaster