Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:07 AM

Results for Shining month!

#1 winzip84 - Shining Wisdom - My Car Is Too Small - good +0.13
#2 Katamari, Matmatatt, TheBitterRoost - Shining the Holy Ark - Holy Arks, Batman! - good -0.32
#3 BadHairlineProductions - Shining Force - Battle Theme 3 - above average +0.13
#4 tibone - Shining Force - Waltz of the Reading Girl - above average -0.17
#5 Ian Martyn - Shining the Holy Ark - Prelude ~ Invitation ٩( 'ω' )و  ゲットだぜ! - above average -0.2
#6 valence - Shining in the Darkness - A Peaceful Welcome - above average -0.28
#7 Exabyte - Shining Force EXA - il'gonia Metal Valley - average +0.17
Voters: 11

ALTS:
ThatBenKid - Shining Force - Legacy of Sadness

20-08-Free.png

Congrats to winzip84, Katamari, Mattmatatt, TheBitterRoost and BadHairlineProductions for scoring top 3 in Shining Month!

This month is a Free Month! Any song from any video game is allowed, so get cracking on an entry!

This month's banner was created by our very own Czyszy! His Newgrounds page linked here is mostly his music and animations.

Speaking of banner art, we have a Patreon for this site with the main focus being raising money for monthly banner art (including this month)! Please consider contributing and helping support this VGM community! Subscribers get a sneak peek at upcoming banner art and a special role in our Discord server, along with a private channel for sneak peeks behind the DoD curtain.

Did you know that we now have a Discord server? As well as a whole new Music Player? Keep up with the times!

DEADLINE: August 29th at 6PM Eastern

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

#2 Czyszy

Czyszy

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:11 AM

Whoa! So PuD either didn't enter or winzip84 is actually his alias! xD

iu_10481_5243319.jpg?raw=1

#3 Katamari

Katamari

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:08 PM

For this month I wanted to collab with someone new, so I hit up both TheBitterRoost and Mattmatatt cus dang they are good. We settled on the battle theme from Shining the Holy Ark (Motoi Sakuraba).

We mocked up a MIDI version of the track over a couple weeks, I really wanted to get WEIRD with it, so we ended up with a few interesting time signatures and changes throughout the song. Matt did lead guitar, Teeber did drums, and I did bass/rhythms/keys. It was a bunch of fun to work on! I think my favorite part is when things start getting wacky around 2:05. I hit the track with some slap bass for that section and then things get wild. Also, Im really proud of the keys solo at the end which leads into a repetition of the A section but in a minor key, or "DARK A" as I called it.

Teeber is a beast on drums, and Matt can absolutely shred that guitar. I just mark a section "solo" and he comes back with his Yngwie shit! Bonkers!!!

<tibone> 120bpm in 4/4
<tibone> PROG AS FUCK

sfWV4OE.png1306536299140-dumpfm-DurkFunk-katamari_pkirby_roll_by_spazmaster6000-d6bt3h3.gif0Pn6mR8.png  JIEXWZw.png
PC Game Metal

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dod, dwelling of duels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users