20 replies to this topic

#16 ShinerCCC

ShinerCCC

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 03:49 AM

Cool vid dude, I've heard NSFs are usually 120, 150, or 180 BPM but stuff on FX4 so far has been 112.5 or 200. I think I'm pretty good at finding BPM because I made DDR charts for years. What's that software you use to split the NSF into channels and then import MIDI though? That would automate my process a TON, all I would have to do is clean up the notation in Guitar Pro.

1. There are no rules.
2. Always obey Rule #1.
3. There is no third rule.
4. Rules can be broken. #3 especially.

#17 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,989 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 05:11 AM

The download link is in the caption of the video, if the link is dead let me know and I’ll put it up in my google drive.

eKawlATs.jpg

#18 ShinerCCC

ShinerCCC

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 04:02 AM

Well the NSF2midi tool works, but it output a file at 30 BPM. It looks pretty hideous in Guitar Pro.
https://imgur.com/a/Ntf7pGK
However I can import it into Reason and use the Scale Tempo features to look at it at 150 BPM...hmm, if I clean up the delay echoes and some other stuff I can probably export a new MIDI and slap that into Guitar Pro. Will update tomorrow.

1. There are no rules.
2. Always obey Rule #1.

#19 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,989 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 05:14 AM

The 30bpm midis aren't aligned to any sort of grid or timing, but that video I posted shows how to correct it.

And yea, the nes only does certain bond that are based off of the clock chip, but I think there are tricks that famitracker people do to sneak out some different tempo options. I’m a total noob with that stuff tho.

eKawlATs.jpg

#20 ShinerCCC

ShinerCCC

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:54 PM

Well I only had to listen for a few more seconds before the Reason version didn't sound like Weapon any more. The 24th flourishes in the first riff aren't even written in for some reason. Lots of pitches in the held notes before that are just missing. Ah, I guess it was too good to be true. Maybe there's some settings I can muck with? A hybrid approach would be nice, if I can get the gist of it in piano roll that would be a LOT easier for me to transcribe from than the tracker.

1. There are no rules.
2. Always obey Rule #1.

#21 ShinerCCC

ShinerCCC

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 02:45 PM

SO. Not sure if anybody noticed, but all the download links should be dead now, because my hard drive died 3 days ago! My last major backup was 2 years ago, still working on recovering what I can.
Whoever downloaded the transcriptions, please post them again so I can restore the links!

EDIT: resyncing Dropbox has somehow allowed me to download them again, even though these files were stored on that old hard disk. I'll make sure the links still work in a second

1. There are no rules.
2. Always obey Rule #1.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users