10 replies to this topic

#1 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,050 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:08 AM

i figure some of us may be out of a job / seeking a job & havin a real bad time with it, so maybe sharin info with everyone here could be an avenue openings.

if you're currently unemployed & tryin to find a job, post here with what you're looking for / your skills (i guess feel free to post a resume or whatever, but its probably better just to DM / send that to someone who has a potential opportunity).

if you work somewhere that has an opening that may be interesting / available to shizzie in need, post it here!

for my part of it, i have several years of experience with supervising teams in a tech support call center (on-site, remote, WFH, and / or a combination or multiple teams at once), as well as project management (though i don't have any certifications or an official "project manager" title, so getting into that field has been challenging).

i'm currently only lookin for WFH opportunities until the pandemic clears.  i've been mostly applying for supervisor roles, but since i am currently living off of savings, i'm pretty much up for anything so i can slow the drain of my savings account while looking for a sup job.

you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#2 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:18 AM

I feel for you man - though I'm employed right now I have been in unemployed for a long time in the past (before the pandemic) and it succccckkkked.  I can't think of anything offhand but have you possibly tried agencies (or temp agencies) and/or have a Linked In account?  

#3 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 18,050 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:21 AM

yeah, so far my experience with agencies & linked in has been recruiters who hound me like crazy to get in contact about a job, then flake out once we've made contact.  this has happened multiple times.

#4 Guy In Rubber Suit

Guy In Rubber Suit

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:39 AM

Someone I used to work with (he was the QA Manager in the Phoenix QA office) has an opening for a Customer Support rep at 505 Games. Not an exact match to what you want but tangently related.

https://505games.com...erqF0F1OdCcn0cA

It's WFH currently but will be onsite in Calabasas, CA whenever it's safe to do that.

Have you tried Craigslist at all? I've had some success with it in the past when I was looking for work. 

#5 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:40 AM

Ok.  I'd still encourage Linked In, even with annoying recruiters. 

One thing that worked for me in the past was contacting old employers and seeing whether they had opportunities.  This worked out at least twice.  Even if not they may have some suggestions for you or know another place with an opportunity. 

Also - I was thinking with your skills you might look at some kind of scheduling opportunities.  There are some that are a scheduling / management / project management combo.

#6 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:46 AM

Good idea for a thread. I'm fine with coasting on unemployment till the pandemic isn't a concern anymore, but I still check LinkedIn now and then and the job market has really been drying up.

#7 Jace

Jace

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,818 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:01 PM

Oh man. I wanna laugh-cry.

#8 weener

weener

Sleeveless

• Shizzified
  • 13,527 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:43 PM

I do the same thing for every friend who mentions that they are looking for work, and I'm willing to do it for any of you. That is that you can go to my employer's job site and see if there's a job you want to apply for. Then, apply for it, tell me which one you applied for, and there's a thing I fill out on my end telling the recruiter why you are great and that they should prioritize you. 

#9 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 18,050 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:55 PM

i've actually looked at tesla jobs a couple times in the past few months & thought of hitting you up if anything looked good, but unfortunately i didn't fit the requirements for anything i saw.

will keep checking tho!

#10 mooniniteG

mooniniteG

Sleeveless

• Members
  • 14,086 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:59 PM

Job requirements are usually flexible especially if you have a recommendation from an existing employee. I guess it depends how far off you are. Like I'm not going to get hired as a doctor anywhere, at least not in the US.

DNa7A7D.jpg

#11 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:58 AM

One more thing that could help.  For a lot of jobs you do not need to meet the job description they are looking for - it's a description of their ideal candidate.  So if you think you could do the job, it might be worthwhile applying anyway.  Unfortunately this is one of the crappiest times ever to be job hunting, but still there are people out there finding work. It's also worthwhile considering something outside of your wheelhouse.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users