20512 replies to this topic

#20506 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:47 AM

I used the heel of the baritone neck to make a template of sorts, so I could line it up on the plug I put in the neck pocket. That's it on the paper in the foreground. I also found and marked the centerline. 

bwi0Gfr.jpg

Then I cut a big V in the paper so I could match up the centerlines. 

lU0Nuxa.jpg

Then I lined everything up with a neck plate and scored where the neck mounting holes will go. This will help me find where I need to chop off the neck pocket. 

di2PM1t.jpg

And here we go, neck pocket marked out for future cutting and drilling. I won't have to reshape the body all that much once the cut is made on the thick line. 

QR34uaj.jpg

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#20507 Beef-Clef

Beef-Clef

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:21 AM

My pants would be completely full of faeces even trying that. Nice.

amTr0fm.png

#20508 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:50 PM

What are some hollow/semi hollow guitars with good upper feet access? Bonus points if they’re set neck. Thinking about selling off my old games and some other guitars to grab something that checks some of the boxes that none of my other guitars do.

I like ES335s, but they’re hard to find under like $2k. ES339s look great and are cheaper, but I hear those can suck if you have big hands since the cutaway is tighter than a 335.

The Gretsch G2622T looks pretty nice, as well as a Hagstrom Viking. The latter of which is appealing because aged finishes always have a nice feel to them vs newer clear coat.

eKawlATs.jpg

#20509 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Top Toxic Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,732 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:42 PM

guild starfire v. but thats a $1200+ guitar. if you want a lil cheaper option, hag tremar viking deluxe. ibanez does an artcore hollowbody thats a double cutaway too, thats probably 6-700 or maybe like 5-6 used if you can find one. thats why the epis are so plentiful, because they saw they could corner that lower pricerange market and offer a hollowbody at an affordable price. look up the ibanez artcores tho, they can be had for 3-400 new.

Posted Image

#20510 Smeg

Smeg

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:20 AM

If you like the ESes, why not get an Epiphone? You can always do some upgrades down the road.

#20511 Robby V

Robby V

Shizz Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,541 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:57 AM

I’ve had a dot before, and it was pretty nice, but it never really felt all that great. Since I’m not getting this one to fit my usual tastes, I just want to find something real fun and tactile.

And I want a guitar that actually goes up in value over time for a change, ha.

I’m kicking myself for not getting a Walnut ES335 a few years ago, it seems like they’ve shot up dramatically. That 345 Steve Howe would use sometimes is gorgeous.

eKawlATs.jpg

#20512 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Top Toxic Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,732 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:25 AM

yeah, ultimately you gotta pay a shitload for a good hollowbody. i do see some decent ones pop up for sale for good deals from time to time, ill let you know if i see anything promising. that middle road is so narrow with that shit tho. maybe go play this starcaster, its 320 but you got neck access there.

https://philadelphia...7128983276.html

or this older ibanez. its got fuckin seymour duncans in it so i bet its the boss jam. 300. not as much neck access tho. neck access or not, this is the one i'd go for due to the upgrades.

https://philadelphia...7128620759.html

or this epi wildcat for 300.

https://philadelphia...7120618403.html

heres a 339 for 300 too.

https://philadelphia...7117123877.html

thats all im seein really tho. guy in south jersey has 2 epis with bigsbys on em. could be worth lookin into too. 3 p-90s in that riviera custom shop. maybe i'd go for that one actually, heh.

https://southjersey....7127055817.html

Posted Image

#20513 MYRONE

MYRONE

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:56 PM

I’ve had a dot before, and it was pretty nice, but it never really felt all that great. Since I’m not getting this one to fit my usual tastes, I just want to find something real fun and tactile.

And I want a guitar that actually goes up in value over time for a change, ha.

I’m kicking myself for not getting a Walnut ES335 a few years ago, it seems like they’ve shot up dramatically. That 345 Steve Howe would use sometimes is gorgeous.

whats your budget? 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users