24 replies to this topic

#1 Nil_Failstorm

Nil_Failstorm

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:24 AM

If you haven’t made it on the Brickhouse stage within the last year, then this e- mail is for you! Bottom line is, if you don’t show up and support The Brickhouse now, there will never be an opportunity for you to play on there ROCKIN stage because The Brickhouse will be closed. The Brickhouse closing means one less stage for all our Phoenix bands to rotate around.

The email was sent to me a few days ago by one of Arizona’s own local bands.

Would you mind passing it along to anyone you think should eat a burger (before Thursday, May 4th) to save the Brickhouse? And remember.. The Brickhouse burgers taste great!

www.brickhouse.tv

http://www.myspace.c...ickhousetheater

*************************************************************************************************************************
WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The AZ music scene is about to take a giant step backwards. We must NOT allow that to happen. Because of a low food to alcohol sales ratio, the city of Phoenix is trying to shut down the Brickhouse. in doing so they will be robbing this city of one of its greatest and most historic music venues - not to mention our favorite place to have a show. Roger (owner of the Brickhouse) is one of the few "good guys" left in this music scene. He cares about the artists he works with, and he cares about their friends and fans. Alice Cooperstown has come up with a plan to help. it is being called the Brickhouse Burger 5000. It is simple - if 5000 burgers are sold between now and the end of next week the Brickhouse stays open - if not..... FUCK THAT! I’m not even thinking about that option. All you have to do to save the Brickhouse is eat a burger or two. And they are really good! The veggie burgers ROCK! Local artists will be performing all this week and next week in support. we may be doing a live practice session next Thursday. No cover - just eat a burger yo! Please, please, please we really need you on this one!
Posted Image

#2 Guest_Battarista Sucio_*

Guest_Battarista Sucio_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:37 AM

I love burgers. I will stop in.

Plus, everyone should go see THE FALL. GO GO GO.

#3 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 12:07 PM

it's closing AGAIN?

#4 Nil_Failstorm

Nil_Failstorm

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 03:56 PM

it's closing AGAIN?

I'm not sure if this is a different owner. I would assume after getting closed down last year that they paid some $$ to the city to get a temporary continuation license, in which you have a set time (I believe 6 months) to get your food to alcohol ratio to where it needs to be or to buy a liquor license.
Posted Image

#5 SceneIsDead Concerts

SceneIsDead Concerts

Shizz Ninja

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

I love burgers. I will stop in.

Plus, everyone should go see THE FALL. GO GO GO.

I totally agree.

P.S. This sucks major.

#6 guitarduane

guitarduane

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:34 AM

a friend of mine and i have suns season tickets and we would go into the brickhouse for food before games. but this season, have been closed before games, or the doors are closed getting ready for a show. so we haven't gone in for food this year. the food was really good last year when we went though.

#7 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:40 AM

All the effin construction downtown isn't really helping the brickhouses cause... <_<

that girl in Giant Drag was funny last friday "I wonder how many bands come here and sing that 'Brick HOUSE' song...."

#8 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:00 PM

I haven't been there since Cole ran the place and then left the brickhouse for personal reasons. He was someone I thought really was into the music scene and was seriously building the place into something cool. The new owner I met once and from what I gathered was more of a real estate developer who was in it more for investment purposes then the music.

This is only my opinion, for all I know the new owner who took over is ALL about the music scene but it didn't come across that way to me and I only met the guy once. Please make note, I have no problem with anyone running a business purely for profit, we all need to make ends meat and some people have different priorities then others. I think it's sad when any place that's locally owned goes out of business, or is on the virge of going out of business.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#9 EliK

EliK

Shizz Full Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:52 PM

make ends meat

hamburgers....money....get it?

#10 Guest_johnMFer_*

Guest_johnMFer_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:35 PM

I knew that bars had to sell a certain amount of food in order to be a bar, but I mean really, what are we talking about here? Not about a venue losing money and about to go out of business, but a venue making money, just not enough of it selling solid consumables instead of liquid consumables. BULLSHIT!! Shame on you, City of Phoenix.

#11 ladydemon

ladydemon

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:46 PM

I knew that bars had to sell a certain amount of food in order to be a bar, but I mean really, what are we talking about here? Not about a venue losing money and about to go out of business, but a venue making money, just not enough of it selling solid consumables instead of liquid consumables. BULLSHIT!! Shame on you, City of Phoenix.

fukin DITTO!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
“You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve Albini? You just put your lips together and blow.”

#12 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:08 PM

i don't know what the zoning is like down
by the brickhouse, but they have to maintain
their food percentage because they have a
RESTAURANT license. which is a lot cheaper.
if they want an actual non-restaurant license,
then they will have to pay more, if the zoning permits
and if there's one even available right now.
the licenses are all set up for state, county, and
local coffers and pay for things like police,
fire, etc. i don't think it's a shitty thing that
they have to maintain their food percentages,
they've paid less for that kind of license,
and no one says they have to stay open
as a bar.

it does suck, i like the brickhouse and would
like to see it remain open, hopefully people will
buy a lot of burgers.

#13 ladydemon

ladydemon

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:11 PM

i don't know what the zoning is like down
by the brickhouse, but they have to maintain
their food percentage because they have a
RESTAURANT license. which is a lot cheaper.
if they want an actual non-restaurant license,
then they will have to pay more, if the zoning permits
and if there's one even available right now.
the licenses are all set up for state, county, and
local coffers and pay for things like police,
fire, etc. i don't think it's a shitty thing that
they have to maintain their food percentages,
they've paid less for that kind of license,
and no one says they have to stay open
as a bar.

it does suck, i like the brickhouse and would
like to see it remain open, hopefully people will
buy a lot of burgers.

CHEERWINE AT BRICKHOUSE!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
“You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve Albini? You just put your lips together and blow.”

#14 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:12 PM

i :wub: CHEERWINE

#15 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:12 PM

I have heard a lot of firsthand accounts about bartenders and bouncers doing some horrible things to the customers (kicking people out for no reason, dumping beer on someone for not tipping, etc.). I'm not going to mourn the closing of this place.

It seemed pretty cool when the other guy was running it, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users