Jerry is in heaven now.

#2 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

I knew you'd beat me to it Weener.:lol: Thank the lord!!

shitty is now.

#3 Guest_dynamo_*

Guest_dynamo_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:15 PM

good riddance to bad rubbish

#4 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:36 PM

I personally disagree with celebrating someone's death, regardless of what differences I have with someone's ideology or even the acts they committed in their life. I would surmise, with rare exception, that every death causes grief for somebody, for someone who loved the departed, and I can't get behind celebrating that.

#5 Shervz0r

Shervz0r

Shizz Z0r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,474 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

Fuck that bag of shit, and good riddance indeed!

#6 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:47 PM

I personally disagree with celebrating someone's death, regardless of what differences I have with someone's ideology or even the acts they committed in their life. I would surmise, with rare exception, that every death causes grief for somebody, for someone who loved the departed, and I can't get behind celebrating that.

i personally don't think that he was an evil person. he was just someone with strong convictions & opinions, he was a reverend. people who have problems with preachers or people of the same ilk are usually people who are fearful of something in their life (maybe seen or unseen). i am no exception, i don't like being preached to by anyone. sometimes i listen to farrakahn and just want to explode. but then i think, why am i getting so upset??? people need to be sustained in life by something. some people pick religious figures, some people pick the bikini lounge. all in all though, it is sad when somebody dies. except, of course, murderers, child molesters, people practicing genocide... contradictory, yes. fearful, yes... a good christian, possibly.

#7 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:51 PM

all in all though, it is sad when somebody dies. except, of course, murderers, child molesters, people practicing genocide...

Even in that case, even when people have committed horrible acts, I can't say that I jump up and down when I hear that they've died. That shouldn't be equated with condoning their acts, of course, it just means that more death doesn't somehow make up for what has occurred, it doesn't bring more joy into the world. Would I feel differently if it were someone who did something bad to me or a loved one? Probably, but hopefully, I'll never know that scenario.

#8 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:57 PM

Would I feel differently if it were someone who did something bad to me or a loved one? Probably, but hopefully, I'll never know that scenario.

this is where the true test comes from though. it would be awfully tough for me to forgive some person who murdered someone i loved let alone not wanting to kill that person. to follow through on something unconditionally is a very tough thing to do.

#9 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:11 PM

people need to be sustained in life by something. some people pick religious figures, some people pick the bikini lounge.

:huh:

#10 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

people need to be sustained in life by something. some people pick religious figures, some people pick the bikini lounge.

:huh:

ya know, the old timers.

#11 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,986 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

I celebrate the death of people that I love, because I'm sure they've gone to a better place, whatever that is. Maybe a place of eternal relaxation. I'm happy for them, and only sad for selfish reasons.

If some scumbag kicks the bucket, I'm happy for them AND happy for me, because not only is the world is better off without them, they get to take a load off their troubled mind.

#12 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

I celebrate the death of people that I love, because I'm sure they've gone to a better place, whatever that is. Maybe a place of eternal relaxation. I'm happy for them, and only sad for selfish reasons.

If some scumbag kicks the bucket, I'm happy for them AND happy for me, because not only is the world is better off without them, they get to take a load off their troubled mind.

plus it's punk rock to hate Falwell, that dickwad....

shitty is now.

#13 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:39 PM

see, that is where i run into trouble too. if chavez was snuffed out, i'd throw a party.

#14 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 17,986 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

Linda Chavez? Yeah, I could do without her too. ;)

#15 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

no, not that asshole, but this one, nimrod

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users