#1 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:06 PM

Posted Image

The Writers Guild of America strike is over. In honor of it, I boycotted MySpace, owned by News Corporation. Now that the writers, showrunners, assistants, production people, and below-the-line crew are back to work, I can once again embrace Tom and all of y'all at MySpace!

http://www.myspace.c...iefosterhubbard

Since I last logged on, I finished my stint in post-production, and am now taking a temporary break from entertainment industry employment to work as a researcher for an anti-discrimination firm. It's not only something I can feel good about doing, but is scheduled in a way to allow me some more time to concentrate on my writing and music. I'm sure I'll be back in the television trenches soon enough.

I have also participated in some intense discussions on topics like sexism, racism, and homophobia, which inspired an essay on feminism I wrote that will be published in Neutral Words #3 - http://www.myspace.com/das_diabolical - available this March. Check out their website for information on ordering. I have been tempted to publish more writing regarding various issues, but I've been lax on even keeping up on a personal blog, so I'm thankful for the opportunity to be in a zine. Yeah, definitely don't expect anything concrete from me as far as blogging goes anytime soon!

You might remember my role last year as an ill-fated cop-killin' drug dealer in "The Weathered Undergound." This year, I will be seen as myself in Alison Star-Locke's short film "Back From Reality." You'll definitely hear my music and you may even get to see what some generously call my "acting." More details to come.

Musically, I have a couple different projects in the works. One is a hardcore band that I have been singing and composing lyrics with. We're still rehearsing and hammering out the details, but hopefully I'll have a link and some mp3s for you in upcoming months. As for my solo work, I am ready for booking again, and will update this and the main site with show dates and lineups as they are confirmed.

brodiehubbard.com has been revamped, including new options in the online store.
http://www.brodiehubbard.com/mp3s

It's been a long time since I released an album, but I do have new mp3s on sale and up on the MySpace page. Other than that, there are demos available at my live shows. I have discontinued my Hollywood P.O. Box, so there is no mailorder at this time, but you can either purchase mp3s through the site or PayPal me at the brodie@brodiehubbard.com email address. $6 postpaid gets you a bunch of mp3s on a CD-R, and whatever else I decide to throw into the envelope I send out to you.

In honor of my reconciliation with this space o' mine, I have new photos up and those aforementioned new songs, three previously unreleased tracks and one new version of "Crazy Wins Every Time," all four songs recorded by Zach Burba - http://www.myspace.com/iji

Thank you for your continued support, and I hope to see y'all out there in the big, bad world soon.

Much love,
BFH

#2 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:19 PM

Hey... I'm coming to Phoenix next weekend. I hope to see a bunch of y'all. Remind me what's closed and what's opened, because I can't keep track anymore.

co-op = closed

Monroe's = closed

Trunk Space, Modified = still strong

Bikini = still open?

Lost Leaf = never been, wanna check it out

Willow House = moved

anywhere in Phoenix vegan to eat? definitely hitting up Green in Tempe...

(Oh, look, 1000 posts! I'm a Czar now, sweet.)

#3 church

church

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:31 AM

looks like you'll be dining alone

#4 Brodie

Brodie

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:05 PM

We're just talking in private about meeting without inviting you. :P

#5 Brodie_Hubbards_Ego

Brodie_Hubbards_Ego

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

they miss us. they are jealous that they didn't get a roast
brodiehubbardissoawesome.com

#6 ShawnPhase

ShawnPhase

Top Toxic Daddy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,284 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:14 AM

no mention of pita jungle even on the necrobump? further proof that fake accounts cant thrive.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users