45 replies to this topic

#1 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:29 AM

how long did everyone have to wait? I haven't been yet, but a friend said he was in and out in an hour... that was at 6am. I have a feeling that at 4 when i go it's gonna be jammed. Maybe i'll just stay home and try out my beer snorkel.
I still don't have a signature.

#2 Big_Poppa

Big_Poppa

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:42 AM

I usually go after work and it's pretty painful - especially since I try to set a good example for my kids and drag them along too. "Dad, is voting always so borrrrrrrring?!?!?"

This year I went early (and solo!) and it took me longer to get out of the parking lot and onto the street than it did to submit my ballot.

I strongly suggest doing a beer snorkle and getting there before the late afternoon crush. ;)

#3 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:55 AM

We were in and out pretty fast downtown, although they said the had 200 voter already in the first hour. That's alot for our district. Usually when we vote the only people there are the people working.

#4 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:06 AM

Simpsons Treehouse of Horror #19

The episode sucked, but the opening sequence is my biggest fear for this election day.
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#5 abernaut

abernaut

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:12 AM

I waited for 20 minutes in North Phoenix and I got my maverick on.

#6 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,161 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:17 AM

i got up really early because i was worried about lines.

i was in line for ten minutes.

i went to get coffee afterward and people were talking about being in line for 40 to 90 minutes. crazy.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#7 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:26 AM

Early ballots people! I walked right past the huge ass line and dropped my early ballot in, got my sticker, smiled at the nice lady guarding the early ballot boxes and walked out. Less than a minute! :)

You can sign up for receiving early ballots permanently here

this also helps me remember to vote in small local elections because i get the ballot and the info mailed to me and all i have to do is mail it back in.

#8 Danosaur

Danosaur

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:48 AM

Early ballots people! I walked right past the huge ass line and dropped my early ballot in, got my sticker, smiled at the nice lady guarding the early ballot boxes and walked out. Less than a minute! :)

this also helps me remember to vote in small local elections because i get the ballot and the info mailed to me and all i have to do is mail it back in.

I second this...

#9 billy

billy

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:49 AM

walked right in. no waiting. no lines. voted around 8:30 AM. kept shit real.

#10 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:50 AM

WORD.

the wife and i voted a couple weeks ago and mailed them in. they even came with a little sticker that says "I Voted Early!" so you can show off how smart you are to everyone else that's waiting in line (without a beer snorkel).
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#11 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:02 AM

I waited for about 20 minutes in East Phoenix/South Scottsdale. Have you ever been to an Elks Lodge? Pretty weird. I was having Flinstones Great Water Buffalo flashbacks. It was good to see that I was not the only minority in line or voting. Though it did seem like the volunteer with the Uncle Jessie beard and his wheelchair/scooter were giving me the confederate eye. Screw you hippie, I won't join your club no matter how much I like bolo ties and cool Egyptian necklaces.

#12 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:18 AM

No line at all for me, there were open booths everywhere. I went in around 7:30 just north of Mcdowell on Central.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#13 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:19 AM

I just went ... there were about 8 people there. No big lines. Some old guy was told he had to go vote elsewhere & he retorted "there's plenty of gas in the car." Ha.

#14 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:24 AM

no line in Seattle.

they must have not heard about the free doughnuts with patriotic sprinkles.
you're a signature.

#15 thecreeper

thecreeper

Frank Beer, Defender of the Polyverse

• Members
  • 15,486 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

2 hours in southeastern PA. and no goddamn donuts with sprinkles :angry:

I broke down and watched Showgirls. Can anyone help me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users