39 replies to this topic

#1 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

we saw this movie friday and wow, best vampire move i have seen in a long time. i would suggest viewing with subtitles as there is not a ton of dialog and the swedish language added a creepyness to it.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#2 billy

billy

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

bifecta'd.

saw it about 3 weeks ago upon AB's recommendation. awesome movie.

#3 camilla o.

camilla o.

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

yeah this movie rules. do you think the kid ends up being just like that dude that was taking care of the girl?

#4 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

oh wow, i didn't even think of that.

and this lady i work with said that they are going to make an american verson? wtf, the original is totally awesome.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#5 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

I liked it but I didn't think it was that great. It felt like pieces of the story was missing. I want to read the book, I bet it feels more complete. I loved the cinematography though. It was breathtaking.

#6 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:35 AM

I liked it but I didn't think it was that great. It felt like pieces of the story was missing.

i kind of liked that aspect. but whatever. :)

-trunkspace

#7 nastyd

nastyd

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

i haven't read the book, but i made the mistake of reading some threads on IMDB that compare the movie to the book... and i'm not positive that you can really compare the two, because there are aspects that were VERY MUCH left out of the movie that would change the entire way you view it... i don't want to say anything here, but if you want to know what i'm talking about, read through some of the IMDB threads about the movie. there were hints in the movie, one giant one about Eli, but nothing about Oskar.
best movie i've seen in a very very long time. now i need to read the book.
and fuck a bunch of making an american version. so stupid.

#8 nastyd

nastyd

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

yeah this movie rules. do you think the kid ends up being just like that dude that was taking care of the girl?

i thought that was the entire point of the movie... to show how eli has survived for 200 years by creating these friendships throughout life... with people that needed to escape. (bullies, a dad that lets his friend fuck you when you visit)

#9 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

oh wow, i didn't even think of that.

and this lady i work with said that they are going to make an american verson? wtf, the original is totally awesome.

probably with nicolas cage or something. :ph34r: :disaster:

#10 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

i thought that was the entire point of the movie... to show how eli has survived for 200 years by creating these friendships throughout life... with people that needed to escape. (bullies, a dad that lets his friend fuck you when you visit)

so... the scar?

#11 nastyd

nastyd

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

*cough*castratedboy*cough*

#12 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:15 PM

*cough*castratedboy*cough*

that's what I thought and why I want to read the book.

#13 nastyd

nastyd

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

i'm sure the american version will completely miss the point. i think the people that like these types of movies, will watch this version, and the american film industry knows that and will cut out most of the interesting points of the story and make a movie that will appeal to a larger audience.

#14 camilla o.

camilla o.

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

so... the scar?

whoa, i missed that whole dad's friend thing and the scar. so much is becoming clearer now...

#15 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for the endorsements, all. I'll be watching this soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users