5 replies to this topic

#1 changeforten

changeforten

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

I'm 23, college student, guitaist, pretty good at my instrument. I can play lead guitar or rhythm. I've got professional equipment (minimal effects pedals), a few types of guitars. Not super interested in doing tours outside of the occasional weekend trip or 1-2 week excursion (when school isn't in session).

I've been playing jazz and blues for the last few years, which, don't get me wrong is a lot of fun, but I grew up listening to 90s pop punk and similar music. Sometimes you just got to play what's in your heart right? If you want to start or are in a punk band I would be willing to help write songs if that's what you want. I have no illusions of wanting to be famous, so I can sit back and focus on the music. Its about the fun for me right now. Drop me a line if you are or know someone who could use my services.

email: changeforten@gmail.com

#2 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:07 AM

welcome to the shizz, hope you find some folks to play with.

c

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#3 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:52 AM

right on

jazz is always cool in my book.

stick around awhile and I am sure you will find some people to start playing with.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#4 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:55 AM

Best advice, go to shows and "network"
Its a dirty word, but we all do it.

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#5 changeforten

changeforten

Shizz n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:02 AM

I used to be big on the networking thing, but I fell out of the scene like 7 years ago and I seem to find it increasingly difficult to get back in if you aren't in a band. Maybe its just me. Either way thanks guys, I'll keep at it.

#6 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:08 AM

hangout at trunkspace and meet JRC and Steph who run it

they know everybody
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users