64 replies to this topic

#1 distort

distort

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

I want to make sure everyone is clear about everything here, so feel free to read all of this. If you don't want to read it all, that is your prerogative, but we're trying our best to make sure people don't get the wrong impression... If you need to get a hold of me for any reason, my number is 602 300 3911 and my email is document[dot]one[at]gmail[dot]com

SCHEDULE:
1pm: OSS
2pm: THE ARRIVALS
3pm: RIVERBOAT GAMBLERS
4pm: DILLINGER FOUR

ADDRESS:
The MANOR is located at 9th and Maple in TEMPE, a few houses down from ZIA RECORDS. You will see it if you go to those cross streets. If you need the exact address for some reason, please call/email/message me. I prefer it not be published online for various reasons. This is not because we are trying to disclude anyone, we just want to be able to continue doing this. Thanks.

RULES:
$$: The matinee is on a DONATIONS basis. PLEASE donate something.
BEER: Normally we don't care, but this specific show has a NO ALCOHOL policy. Drink before you get here if you must, but the only REAL trouble we could get into is underage drinking.
ADMISSION: This show will definitely be packed, so we will be letting in anyone UNDER 21 first to ensure they get to see the bands. The original intent behind setting up an all ages show was so the underagers who love these bands can see them. After anyone that's UNDER 21 is inside, everyone else can find a spot. We want EVERYONE to have fun, but again, the original intention is for the underage kids.

THE MANOR:
A lot of people have the impression that the Manor is some exclusive club. I want to make sure everyone knows they are welcome here. We don't care what kind of music you like, what kind of job you have, what you like to talk about, who your friends are, or anything like that. Our sole intention is to book shows for bands we like and have the most fun possible while doing it. We are opening our living room, and putting a lot on the line to do shows so often, so please be respectful. Feel free to come to a show and ask around for anyone who lives here. My name is Jes, my number is 602-300-3911. I'm happy to meet anyone and discuss any rumors you may have heard, so they can be laid to rest.

JUGHEADS SHOW:
We've finally got it all sorted out. I've talked to both Tyler (jugheads), Will (luckyman/mantooth) and they are both on board for this event. All the money is going to the bands, and we encourage EVERYONE that's over 21 to go to Jugheads right after the Manor show and spend all your money at the bar watching some awesome bands. Not only do you get to see three amazing bands TWICE in the same day, but you get to see two GREAT Local bands (OSS and Parkway Wretch). Both shows will be packed and a ton of fun. Everyone involved is really excited and it should be nothing but good times.

Posted Image

#2 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

THIS RULES AND FUCK TO THE YEAH!

I have a Fake ID that says Im 19!!!!

#3 distort

distort

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

The manor is also walking distance from Eastside, so if for SOME reason you cant find it, just go to eastside and ask them. They all know where the Manor is and can direct you very easily...

#4 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:56 PM

this is epic/perfect as my wife and baby are at lame ass b-day partys and baby showers all day, i was just going to watch the complete season of The Bronx is Burning, but know its a train ride and all day drinking (not at the manor of course)/D4-ing

epic.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#5 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

this is all well and good but how come cagematch wasn't asked to play, i mean 2 thirds of cagematch were actually around when D4 put out their first record. and wholeheartedly agree they were the last good pop punk band till last year

and for the record: i am only kidding, we are super stoked to be able to see them twice in one day. oh man i gotta go practice my stage dives, counting the hours

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#6 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

this is all well and good but how come cagematch wasn't asked to play, i mean 2 thirds of cagematch were actually around when D4 put out their first record. and wholeheartedly agree they were the last good pop punk band till last year

and for the record: i am only kidding, we are super stoked to be able to see them twice in one day. oh man i gotta go practice my stage dives, counting the hours

this is great. i smell a said gun, rumspringer, cagematch pre show party
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#7 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:41 AM

A friend of mine saw D4 last night in LA and said it was a sloppy wreck of a show, he was pumped, but wished they would haved played more songs as opposed to tuning and trying to pull it together...so heres to two sets!!!!!

#8 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:52 AM

it could go either way really, at least we get two chances for greatness

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#9 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

BEER: Normally we don't care, but this specific show has a NO ALCOHOL policy

I totally get this because of the attention the size of this show could attract but, its pretty funny. I will definitely abide but D4, no alcohol?...best of luck.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#10 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

A friend of mine saw D4 last night in LA and said it was a sloppy wreck of a show, he was pumped, but wished they would haved played more songs as opposed to tuning and trying to pull it together...so heres to two sets!!!!!

Every one I know that has seen them for the past like 15 years has said the same thing about every show :lol:

#11 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

Every one I know that has seen them for the past like 15 years has said the same thing about every show :lol:

I heard the same thing about Hot Water Music, but have scene them 3 times and they have be more or less sober and good, the Draft w/ Avail at the Clubhouse a couple years ago, Wollard was a wreck.

The Lawrence Arms play pretty well for be highly intoxicated and they play alot of songs...i am getting off point...

Portrait of the Artist as a Fucking Asshole!

#12 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:43 AM

I think Paddy out drugs and boozes every one in every band you just said! hahaha

HOW MUCH ART CAN YOU TAKE?

#13 distort

distort

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

I totally get this because of the attention the size of this show could attract but, its pretty funny. I will definitely abide but D4, no alcohol?...best of luck.

Feel free to drink at one of the many other awesome houses in tempe, at eastside, at the circle k across the street, at Casey Moors across the street, or anywhere else you can find, but we really dont want to have alcohol on the premises. Its retarded, yes, but even if the matinee was still at jugheads it would be no alcohol.

ALSO: OSS had to cancel. It will probably only be the three touring bands now. Still starting at 1pm.

#14 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

Feel free to drink at one of the many other awesome houses in tempe, at eastside, at the circle k across the street, at Casey Moors across the street, or anywhere else you can find, but we really dont want to have alcohol on the premises. Its retarded, yes, but even if the matinee was still at jugheads it would be no alcohol.

ALSO: OSS had to cancel. It will probably only be the three touring bands now. Still starting at 1pm.

Or rumspringer :)

#15 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

or cagematch

-trunkspace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users