#1 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:24 AM

hey all -
this probably officially belongs in the shows forum, but i know this side gets more traffic and wanted to put the request out here in case anyone is interested in helping.

as most of you (hopefully) know, shizzfest is next weekend - saturday october 10th. we've got 20 bands on 3 stages at the trunk space and sweets & beats. it's going to be pretty awesome. we need some help to make the event run as smoothly as possible.

first, we're going to be flyering again this first friday. we'll meet at lost leaf at 6 pm to distribute them.

second, donald is coordinating volunteers for the day of shizzfest to help with things like manning the door, being a stage manager, helping with sound, running merch, etc. he's got several people lined up but we need a couple more. everyone who helps gets free entry and we'll buy them dinner. if you want to help PM donald.

third, there are a handful of out of town bands coming as well as some fans from the bossies board. they are looking for places to crash for the night, so if you have a couch or spare bed that you can lend, please let us know. there are some requests in the shizzfest thread in the shows forum, and if anyone wants to be a host, let me know or post here and i'll direct people your way. i don't think we need that many hosts, maybe just a couple.

that's all i got.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#2 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:51 AM

I have floor space at my house, it's in Tempe tho. Just fyi....

shitty is now.

#3 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:56 AM

word. bands can crash at my place - but only if the dudes are hot

no fugs <_<

also count me in as a volunteer

#4 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

well a friend and i will be going. it would rule if someone could let us crash fri & sat night. i could bring a tent if someone has a backyard and a bathroom i could use. any help would be good. thanks :D

#5 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

yo yo yo yo yo,
if anyone plans to help out with flyering tomorrow, please post and let us know so we have an idea of how many extra flyers to make. also, the flyering team will know to wait for you before taking off into the night to distribute our propaganda.

lost leaf, 6 pm.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#6 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:44 PM

i can't be there. i have my video installation at heritage park - but i will be passing out shizzfest flyers at heritage park on friday.

all by my lonesome

#7 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:06 AM

i have work tomorrow night but im heading down after!

#8 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:24 AM

also if anyone is interested in flyering the fate tire tour de fat the day of the show that would be super cool. the tour is oner early and all these folk drunk on their bikes will want to keep the party going, so they will be looking for something, and what better then taking the light rail down to the fest.

we will have flyers that have a map and brief directions

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#9 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,614 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

I will volunteer, and my couch is available for touring bands. I'd say two persons maximum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users