12 replies to this topic

#1 IQ32

IQ32

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

OSS (Phoenix punks, good stuff. Ex-good bands from all over)
Elders (Phoenix brotherhood. Join the crew. Ex-no one important)
Porches (Phoenix broke punk. member of phoenix's finest)
Semi-Automatic Manuals (High school kids from Gilbert who play Indy-ish pop punk)
Nothington (the touring band on BYO)

@ THE PHIX
Elders first. Starts at 7ish.

Economies down, you've been taking pills all day, thinking about ending it all... We'll do it at the Phix at 7pm. Steal some money to get in, convince a band to let you carry their gear in or bumrush the door when the bands start. It's not that hard if you really try...

http://bel.lical.inf...weiss/index.htm

Posted Image

#2 psykosteve

psykosteve

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:11 AM

Posted Image

#3 wesiswes

wesiswes

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

I didn't realize Elders had a more notable roster of "ex-members" than OSS does...
TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT, ALL NIGHT, EVERY NIGHT!

RUMSPRINGER

#4 IQ32

IQ32

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:14 PM

didnt make that flyer. i actually told a couple of those bands to be taken off, but whatevs.

#5 wesiswes

wesiswes

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

I think the joke I was making might have been missed...but either way I'm really excited for all aspects of this show...excluding Nothington

RUMSPRINGER

#6 negicore

negicore

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

I reall y like Nothington a lot...Maybe I am the only one here but I really liked their 1st album, and haven't gotten the new one yet...And I proab can't make this show, due to indie rock show @ work...
the next time the star shoots across the sky, I'm gonna grab it, and smash it, under my feet...http://djjohnnyvolume.tumblr.com/

#7 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:26 PM

i would for sure go to this if i wasn't playing a show tonight.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#8 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

convince a band to let you carry their gear in or bumrush the door when the bands start. It's not that hard if you really try...

Why is this even a cool thing to suggest (it seems to be rampant on other threads as of late too, ones that you seem to start). Ultimately you are telling people to rob from a DIY space & a DIY promoter for their own ends instead of doing the correct thing and supporting the artists and the art space. Not everything can be a living room show and tour vans dont run on rainbows and dreams. And to undermine any ones hard work for your shtick if thats what this is is pretty selfish.

#9 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

Im going to this show for a bit and then to see cagematch! and Paying at both!

#10 wesiswes

wesiswes

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

convince a band to let you carry their gear in or bumrush the door when the bands start. It's not that hard if you really try...

Why is this even a cool thing to suggest (it seems to be rampant on other threads as of late too, ones that you seem to start). Ultimately you are telling people to rob from a DIY space & a DIY promoter for their own ends instead of doing the correct thing and supporting the artists and the art space. Not everything can be a living room show and tour vans dont run on rainbows and dreams. And to undermine any ones hard work for your shtick if thats what this is is pretty selfish.

Didn't you read the band descriptions? They're punks!!!!

RUMSPRINGER

#11 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:32 PM

Show @ the Phix looks cancelled. NOTHINGTON just added to The ACCUSED!

#12 negicore

negicore

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Phix show is back on....
the next time the star shoots across the sky, I'm gonna grab it, and smash it, under my feet...http://djjohnnyvolume.tumblr.com/

#13 IQ32

IQ32

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:51 AM

Was gonna post a long response to this, because I have a pretty strong opinion about it, but it'd just be misconstrued. If you want to talk in person about it, that is fine, we'll probably end up agreeing, but this kind of stuff just doesnt work out online. In fact, I talked with multiple people in person about this tonight and we all pretty much agreed.

And I think you give messageboards too much credit for their influence on shows. Me posting about "sneaking into the show and killing yourself" is, most likely, not going to influence anyone to actually do that.

The show was fun, bummed Semi-Automatic Manuals ended up going home, heard good things. Porches was good as usual as well. The poorer turnout tonight might have been lessened had OSS played, but it was fun nonetheless. I'm not sure if i'm in the majority here, but i like playing the phix.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users