16 replies to this topic

#1 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

Matt and I are going to Jerome the weekend of the 24th. We are doing the Ales on Rails at the Verde Canyon Railway on Sunday, but will have all day/night saturday to fart around in J-town. I know several Shizz peeps are Jerome fans. Anyone ever stay at the Ghost City Inn? Is it nice? What else do you recommend?
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#2 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

only stayed at the Jerome grand and the Mile High inn.

I love jerome, I feel like something is going on during the weekend of the 24th that prevents me from commiting to this, otherwise I am in.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#3 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:44 PM

the Mile High inn is a great b and b and i would recommend it. also i would suggest drinking in the town park till it closes then hit the bars, you will save money and have more fun anyway

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#4 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

I stayed in Jerome Grand Hotel in the suite that was the surgical room. So effing awesome. I have been wanting to get a group to do that again since it's like 5 hundy a night and all. We stayed up played dance party and watched the shining in the movie room. We brought white tea lights and I was the only one that stayed up all night waiting for the ghosts to come. They never did. I was bummed but the place was super nice, HUGE and had a full kitchen. The elevator was spooky!!!

Love that place.

#5 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

I recommend eating a hamburger at the Haunted Hamburger because they're great! So is the lemon chicked grilled sandwich.

#6 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:14 PM

I recommend eating a hamburger at the Haunted Hamburger because they're great! So is the lemon chicked grilled sandwich.

The haunted hamburger has amazing burgers, seriously
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#7 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

I am pretty psyched. I haven't been to Jerome in a while, and I haven't STAYED in Jerome for like 11 years or something. I actually haven't gotten out of PHOENIX for a while!

Pretty excited about the train, too. I have done the Grand Canyon Railway twice and it was pretty sweet. The Verde Canyon deal should be cool.
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#8 Folofo

Folofo

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:51 PM

Make sure you drink while you're there.

#9 illya

illya

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

there's going to be a dozen or so phx/tempe bands playing in jerome on the 24th.

http://www.myspace.com/jeromeatherapy

#10 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:41 AM

there's going to be a dozen or so phx/tempe bands playing in jerome on the 24th.

http://www.myspace.com/jeromeatherapy

Very niiiiiiiice

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#11 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:36 AM

wow! neat. Is that why it was so hard to get a room, I wonder?

Posted Image

#12 bisbee slim

bisbee slim

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

you could always come see Nowhere Man and a Whiskey Girl Oct. 24th at The Spirit Room in Jerome. after you drink in the park and eat a haunted hamburger and see all those other bands of course. funfunfun.

#13 hexaclopsclopsclops

hexaclopsclopsclops

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:21 AM

I went to Jerome last weekend for the annual ghost walk, stayed at the Ghost City Inn (awesome), and ate at the Asylum at the Grand Hotel. The Haunted Hamburger is totally overrated in my opinion. The Mile High has better burgers. Belgian Jennie's Pizza is good too. There's a bakery in a basement somewhere up there that's awesome too.

#14 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

ahhh, jerome.

reminds me of high school. it would feel weird to go and not see major lingo play.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#15 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:56 AM

ask JR about what's fun to do in jerome.. :lol:
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic