Posted Image

#2 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

fuck harmar superstar that dude is weak, my old band opened for trail of dead and we were told we had to go on at 9 no ifs ands or buts, we played our 20 minute set, then harmar was supposed to play but refused to play until it was 10:30, so there was like an hour in between sets which could have left us with more time for folks to show up and see us. super lame,

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#3 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,984 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

I've barely heard of any of that crap.

#4 Tortheviking

Tortheviking

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:09 PM

I really like the idea of that list, I'd say it could be a lot better, though. Totally agree with Pearl Jam though, Backspacer is actually really good.

#5 bob

bob

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

I've got that Booker T album. And I like Lady Gaga. Not everything, but at least she's an artist. I think she's cool. And I'll listen to anything by Willie Nelson. I don't think I'm too cool to listen to any of that. Except Har Mar Superstar. He played at my house. Well, Sean Tillman did.

#6 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,920 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:07 PM

ive like a few songs on that new PEARL JAM, but then again i like new WEEZER and MUSE singles too.

besides that i dont like or have never heard any of those records. HARMAR was funny when i saw him without knowing what it was like at all, but man those records arent good.

#7 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

that one pearl jam song they played on the radio caught my attention for a couple minutes, but I haven't heard anything else, and if it wasn't for this thread I probably wouldn't think about Pearl Jam. But yeah, not really heard the rest, except Lady Ga Ga, but that shit is hawt so Fuck The World.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#8 Guest_viewfinder_*

Guest_viewfinder_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:46 AM

Probably only Lady Gaga. Not really into the rest. However, I have heard the new Pearl Jam song on the radio and it's alright but in my entire life of buying music, I've never purchased anything by Pearl Jam.

#9 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:19 AM

I doubt its that people think they are too cool to like those albums, its just they are not that good. Booker T's comeback was terrible, marble mouthed Eddie Vedder and his self rightous band of merry men (Ticketmaster is bad, exclusive album sales through Target are...good?), 4th rate major label alt/country, yikes, thats what we are supposed to be fawning over. Lady Gaga...really? There are much more epic dance divas that dont dress like castaways from Escape From New York...

#10 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,920 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

(Ticketmaster is bad, exclusive album sales through Target are...good?),

yeah, that one confuses me

#11 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:28 AM

I doubt its that people think they are too cool to like those albums, its just they are not that good. Booker T's comeback was terrible, marble mouthed Eddie Vedder and his self rightous band of merry men (Ticketmaster is bad, exclusive album sales through Target are...good?), 4th rate major label alt/country, yikes, thats what we are supposed to be fawning over. Lady Gaga...really? There are much more epic dance divas that dont dress like castaways from Escape From New York...

hater.

i like Lady Gaga. she is pretty crazy in my humble opinion.

#12 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:31 AM

It seems too much a manufactured "crazy" in my not so humble opinion.

#13 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

It seems too much a manufactured "crazy" in my not so humble opinion.

opinions are like assholes.

we all want to fuck them.

#14 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:36 AM

Another healthy musical discussion turned into a romp through the debauched mind of my dream girl Jackie O.

#15 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:43 AM

Another healthy musical discussion turned into a romp through the debauched mind of my dream girl Jackie O.

fine, carry on with discussing music... <_<

im sure she's manufactured. and i didn't mean crazy as in she's mentally unstable or so "out there" that it's insane. i just think she's interesting to watch, the music is OK, and im not cool enough to say i don't like her. so there. im a big uncool nerd.

i like that she admits she's a feminist (you never hear that from female (or male) pop artists), she totally sells her sexuality in her work (sadly who doesn't these days) but she puts a nice new spin on it. That video i posted above is badass. I like the art that is put in with her work. Fashion is art, it's snotty art, but art none-the-less and i welcome more art in mainstream society.

AND she's way more in control of her "manufacturing" than other women who are doing what she does....Brittany...ahem...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users