16 replies to this topic

#1 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

I just started a Soundcloud page for my new band Soundcloud and wanted to know if anyone else has one? Or if anyone is using it?

#2 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

never heard of it till now, looks pretty cool.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#3 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

never heard of it till now, looks pretty cool.

Its somewhat new. I think its really for musicians to collaborate and share their music. I'm still figuring it out.

#4 Syeed

Syeed

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

I have one. -_- http://soundcloud.com/syeed

I don't use it very often.

#5 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

I have one. -_- http://soundcloud.com/syeed

I don't use it very often.

Sweet man! I'm just starting to use it.

#6 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

I don't want to read all about it, some one tell me what this is!
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#7 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

SoundCloud is a new online audio platform that lets music professionals receive, send & distribute their music. Primarily SoundCloud provides a efficient and simple way for music professionals to exchange music they are working on in private settings allowing for easy collaboration and communication prior to a public release. With SoundCloud the music professionals can easily send & receive large amounts of tracks without cluttering their email inbox, having to make use of generic file sending services or manage their own server. For people who deal with music on a regular basis SoundCloud increases efficiency and improves their work flow by allowing them to focus on the music and not think about the actual files.

#8 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

SoundCloud is a new online audio platform that lets music professionals receive, send & distribute their music. Primarily SoundCloud provides a efficient and simple way for music professionals to exchange music they are working on in private settings allowing for easy collaboration and communication prior to a public release. With SoundCloud the music professionals can easily send & receive large amounts of tracks without cluttering their email inbox, having to make use of generic file sending services or manage their own server. For people who deal with music on a regular basis SoundCloud increases efficiency and improves their work flow by allowing them to focus on the music and not think about the actual files.

so this is for making music and sharing it with other players, not releasing it to the public?
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#9 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

so this is for making music and sharing it with other players, not releasing it to the public?

You can share your music with anyone with soundcloud.

#10 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

but if i only wanted to share it with you, could i do it like that? like if you and i were collaborating on something and didn't have the ability to get together, but didn't necessarily want everyone else in the world chipping in, can i determine who can see it?

i'm also too lazy to go there.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#11 MattChedda

MattChedda

Shizz Weeping Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:49 PM

but if i only wanted to share it with you, could i do it like that? like if you and i were collaborating on something and didn't have the ability to get together, but didn't necessarily want everyone else in the world chipping in, can i determine who can see it?

Yes, you can set the tracks to private and only the selected people you want to see them will.

#12 illya

illya

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

my understanding is that it's just another way of streaming music on the internets. one cool aspect about it is that the waveform of each track is displayed and users can make comments about songs in specific parts. (i.e. "holy shit this drum solo just keeps going...")

My band has our EP streaming here too...

#13 Syeed

Syeed

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

I plan to use it for things that I don't want to post on Bandcamp, but I wouldn't do an entire album. Just a song or a work in progress or something.

#14 apstrougo

apstrougo

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:22 AM

I signed up a month or so ago but haven't gotten into it... Don't really need it for my band yet, and still waiting to get a few projects off the ground.

I know what they're marketing it for... but is anyone actually using it for anything like that?

#15 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:34 AM

Justin Bieber 800 times slower

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users