5 replies to this topic

#1 badamson

badamson

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

Yet another site for you to upload your songs and photos to, link to videos and promote your music...

It's free, and there are no annoying ads or anything(unless you consider this post)
http://www.amplifiedmusician.com

I'm basically set up as an admin for this site, so if any local phoenix bands sign up for a profile, I'll blast your profile page link to a few thousand twitter followers, FB, myspace etc.

thanks,
Brandon

#2 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

Yet another site for you to upload your songs and photos to, link to videos and promote your music...

It's free, and there are no annoying ads or anything(unless you consider this post)

I'm basically set up as an admin for this site, so if any local phoenix bands sign up for a profile, I'll blast your profile page link to a few thousand twitter followers, FB, myspace etc.

thanks,
Brandon

thank you for being a real person :)
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#3 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

thanks,
Brandon

so what's the benefit of using this site as opposed to, say, using facebook or sonicbids or something?
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#4 badamson

badamson

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:52 AM

thanks,
Brandon

so what's the benefit of using this site as opposed to, say, using facebook or sonicbids or something?

Well, I don't think you should sign up for this site instead of any other site. I know I wouldn't. You should sign up for as many of these types of websites as possible, because you can link back to your website which will help your search rank(a little) and just give you another avenue of exposure. But more importantly, I'm an admin for this site so I can promote individual band profile pages through accounts at other social networking sites like http://www.twitter.com/amplifiedparts myspace, fb etc which I would be happy to do for any phoenix bands. Also, it's free.

#5 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

just out of curiousity, can you explain the story for amplified parts vs antique electronic supply? I mean, AES has hugely shifted its catalog towards guitar gear in the last few years... seems awful redundant to compete with yourself. FWIW, I'm glad to see celestion speakers @ amplified parts, though :-)

And yeah, I've done a ton of business w/ AES over the years. Just trying to figure out if/why I ought to switch over to AP :-) Do y'all do the pickup window thing for local orders (like AES)? how's that work...?

ANYWAY regarding Amplified Musician, I'll look into it for my band.

#6 badamson

badamson

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

just out of curiousity, can you explain the story for amplified parts vs antique electronic supply? I mean, AES has hugely shifted its catalog towards guitar gear in the last few years... seems awful redundant to compete with yourself. FWIW, I'm glad to see celestion speakers @ amplified parts, though :-)

And yeah, I've done a ton of business w/ AES over the years. Just trying to figure out if/why I ought to switch over to AP :-) Do y'all do the pickup window thing for local orders (like AES)? how's that work...?

ANYWAY regarding Amplified Musician, I'll look into it for my band.

Sure, I will take the time to explain. As they started getting more guitar and amp parts they found the name "Antique" would not fit as well with selling newer stuff, but because of all the name recognition that AES has...they didn't want to change it. Also, the Antique Electronic website is sort of a dinosaur(it uses frames even!) but they felt that completely revamping it would irritate a lot of longtime customers who had gotten used to it. Not only that, but AES customers usually were older and tended to order in more old fashioned ways like by mail or by phone. They set up AmplifiedParts to be a more streamlined 21st century style site. AmplifiedParts is internet only(no phone though there is a live chat feature) similar to sites like Amazon and places that younger people are used to. One of the problems with the antique radio industry, is that they failed to get young people interested in collecting and restoring radios. AES is trying to avoid having that happen with the guitar industry and attempting to get young people interested in modding and building their own gear. Anyway for local counter orders, people still have to go through AES. At the present, it really doesn't matter which company you order through, but in the future AES will most likely revert to radio stuff, nos tubes and schematics...while AmplifiedParts will be the more prominent site.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users