Photo

Cell Phones- Virgin Mobile anyone use them?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

Thinking about switching from Verizon to something new. I was wondering if anyone uses Virgin Mobile and what you think about them. The "no contract" is very appealing.

#2 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

I used to use them. The "pay as you go" was fine, but running out of minutes every few months got to be annoying. Now I'm using Verizon.

#3 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

I have always heard good stuff about verizon, as far as coverage and so on.

Never used Virgin

I have been a t-mobile customer for close to 9 years and never had any real issues with them. Although I lose coverage in parts of new mexico between Flagstaff and Albuquerque.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#4 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

I don't really know Virgin...

Verizon was great out-of-town. I had the best luck with it out in the desert. Lots of places in rural AZ where it's pretty much the only carrier. Hated dealing with them, though.

T-Mobile (it was a long time ago) did very well in the city, poorly in rural areas. Was pre-smart phone era for me, so I don't know how they handle data & whatnot these days.

AT&T is where I'm at now... Coverage is surprisingly spotty in the city and just awful out in the boonies. I've had better luck with customer service, and I think I like the iPhone enough to make it worth the trouble. When the stars align - good signal, fast network, with iPhone behaving - it's a thing of beauty... really, most of the time one of those variables is weak and leaves me frustrated. Contract is up in Feb, will take stock then.

#5 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

CREDO MOBILE

they have a contract buyout and they donate to good causes

but they dont offer no-contract services

#6 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:44 PM

I'm with Verizon now but compared to other companies they are expensive. So just trying to shop my options. All info is greatly appreciated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users