LINK

#2 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

We get it, we get it, irony is cool. I think anyone that goes to this and lays down money for tickets should be kneecapped (hell people dont lay down money for current relevant bands in this state).

#3 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:10 PM

You showed him, Tyler. Way to go.
I still don't have a signature.

#4 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

I'm sorry, I'll have no opinion and we will just all pat each other on the backs for a job well done...

#5 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

so is this a real show that's happening? i get the spoof article but it's for an actual show?
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#6 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:31 PM

Yep.

#7 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

I'm sorry, I'll have no opinion and we will just all pat each other on the backs for a job well done...

Nonsense.

We can kick their asses!

I can take Wahlberg!

#8 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

We get it, we get it, irony is cool. I think anyone that goes to this and lays down money for tickets should be kneecapped (hell people dont lay down money for current relevant bands in this state).

why would you even care if somebody goes to this? is there even a 1% chance that anyone at this would also be in your target market? like they were debating between spindrift and nkotb, and then decided on nkotb at the last minute.

either way, cityslaang should totally hand out flyers at this show.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#9 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:45 PM

Its not so much that it is a target market in the fact that its stuff like this in the name of "irony" is cool for a major portion of ALL OF OUR demographic. The fact it got posted on this board at all is sorta my proof.

#10 MrAwesome

MrAwesome

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

Nonsense.

We can kick their asses!

I can take Wahlberg!

I dunno. He is one of the only people to ever kill Bruce Willis.

#11 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:56 PM

Its not so much that it is a target market in the fact that its stuff like this in the name of "irony" is cool for a major portion of ALL OF OUR demographic. The fact it got posted on this board at all is sorta my proof.

well, i can't speak for benjamin, but i didn't interpret any irony in his post/link. i read it as "hey, they asked me to write something on the blog about this piece of shit concert, so i figured i'd inject some humor into it. maybe those fucks on the shizz might find it amusing. and if i can convince them to come to see nkotb instead of a local band, all the better! i love nkotb and i have a tattoo of them on my ass. not on my buttcheek, but my actual asshole. some people think it's kind of weird, but i'm all about showing my true colors. and besides, how many people actually look at my asshole? not as many as you'd think."

i realize that's an oddly specific series of thoughts to infer, but i'm a pretty intuitive guy.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#12 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:42 PM

well, i can't speak for benjamin, but i didn't interpret any irony in his post/link. i read it as "hey, they asked me to write something on the blog about this piece of shit concert, so i figured i'd inject some humor into it. maybe those fucks on the shizz might find it amusing. and if i can convince them to come to see nkotb instead of a local band, all the better! i love nkotb and i have a tattoo of them on my ass. not on my buttcheek, but my actual asshole. some people think it's kind of weird, but i'm all about showing my true colors. and besides, how many people actually look at my asshole? not as many as you'd think."

i realize that's an oddly specific series of thoughts to infer, but i'm a pretty intuitive guy.

You are partially right Tony.

You are pretty.

#13 thebiggameover

thebiggameover

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

so i guess they support sherrif joe?

thebiggameover.png

my twitter

mohawk babies make me insane

#14 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

i'll prolly go...you know....to be ironic.... :unsure:

#15 DoctorShumway

DoctorShumway

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

I was in middle school at the height of their popularity and I get why people lose their shit over these dudes touring again. I mean most people aren't going to see these dudes for irony's sake they are going to capture a bit of their youth. Let's be honest: It's really no different than going to see Pavement if that's what you grew up with.
Take your time old man/These vultures are happy to wait

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users