52 replies to this topic

#1 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 03:49 PM

:D i know most of you are all intense hard rockers who like probably never even consider shaking your GROOVE THINGS.... but would anyone be interested in going dancing soon? like maybe next saturday? (i see there are currently no shows on the shizz calendar for that day.) i have been dying to go, and i believe a good time could be had by all. of course, i have no idea where is cool for dancing around here. ideas anyone ... anyone? (cricket noise)

kristin
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#2 Guest_[flawed]_*

Guest_[flawed]_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2003 - 08:29 AM

where do you plan on going dancing? and what kind of dancing would you like to do? swing? salsa? or just your plain techno groove dancing-with-lights sort of thing?

#3 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 08:46 AM

I say country!!

2 stepping is what I am all about :)

or not

I am down with the groove dancing, there is usually some good dancing going on at the Hi-Liter :P
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#4 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:09 AM

Donald!

So that WAS you I saw line dancing on public access the other day. :o

Rock on man.

#5 Guest_[flawed]_*

Guest_[flawed]_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2003 - 11:00 AM

i'm sorry, but my mom can dance the "electric slide" around all your asses any time, any day :P

#6 Folofo

Folofo

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 11:39 AM

Hey K I'm down...my booty can stand for a little shakin.....as long as we don't go to Polyesters...I've never enjoyed going there.

#7 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 12:26 PM

Poly esthers closed down awhile ago, so you don't have to worry about it. Have a nice day is shutdown too, I don't know where to go except club rio, freedom, or someplace snotty in scottsdale.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#8 lkelly

lkelly

Shizz Senior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 01:54 PM

shaking of the booty would be fun!

i only know of anderson's on thursday nites in scottsdale. maybe amsterdam's downtown? that may be closed down....

#9 AnotherMattWood

AnotherMattWood

Shizz Junior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 02:08 PM

too bad someone was murdered outside have a nice day cafe - that place was heelarious.

#10 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:29 PM

stupid dead guy, ruining all the fun. and the mockery!

but seriously, i don't know where to go. i have no clue where is cool, with 1/2 way decent music. that is cause i am so very cool and hip and in the know. i would probably RATHER not have to settle for some lame retro music that i liked in the 80's and then again in like '95 and now am so sick of i would like to scream when i hear it.
anyone remember the Atomic Cafe? hey, let's get a time machine and go there!!

kristin
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#11 AnotherMattWood

AnotherMattWood

Shizz Junior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:57 PM

i wasn't sure andersons was still doing that. it's much better to go on a friday or saturday though! isn't there a goth place next door, or is that just a second room? we could watch the goths...

#12 Guest_[flawed]_*

Guest_[flawed]_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:13 PM

"panic" is supposed to be good [that's brit-pop night at anderson's, it's on thursdays]

but i say we find a place that has SWING DANCING.

cus that's <i>hot</i>

#13 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:51 PM

swing dancing would be cool, but since it seems to be something you have to know how to do, it might be a little limiting on who might go....
99% of the time i would not be able to go on a thursday, and i think a lot of people work early friday mornings, so i know those people would not want to go. i go to estate sales on friday mornings, and sometimes get up at 3:30-4 am for those, so i go to bed at like 8 pm on thursday nights. so, friday or saturdays would be much better for me.
i haven't been to ansersons in like 5 years or something. we used to go a lot like in 1996. it was ok most of the time, but the dance floor is so tiny. or was anyway, maybe it is bigger now?
k

Posted Image

#14 capharnaum

capharnaum

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:27 PM

club freedom is also called "the dirty dirty"......'nuff said.

i will go anywhere that offers me penny drinks damnit! it would only cost me 5 cents to get it on....

adrienne.

#15 Folofo

Folofo

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 06:34 PM

Hey I like Sugar Daddy'd in scottsdale ...that one band is cool..they play funk....you know the one Donald?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users