Hooray For Everything's Content

There have been 118 items by Hooray For Everything (Search limited from 03-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#833028 the old days....

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 December 2009 - 03:14 AM in The Shizz General Forum

This thread inspired me to smoke a pack of cigarettes, get angry, get teary-eyed, and listened to some of the hours of old rehearsal recordings I have (there was lot's of laughing, farting & people saying "Shane, will you please PASS that fuckin' thing", and a bunch of versions of "Runaway" that broke down in hysterics...)

Memories are a mixed blessing....

I think I had a nice time at that New Years party that Rum Tenor played....

and that's all I have to say about that.

#833315 the old days....

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 December 2009 - 07:27 PM in The Shizz General Forum

-oh and the boombox shows at emerald were pretty memorable. the sweet weiner and colorwhore
shows kind of all meld into one big drunken blur.

hey, remember that night we all got banned from the Hotel Congress?
do you think it was RV's 2am fire and brimstone sermon at the top of his lungs, or you getting dragged around the hallways with lipstick smeared across your face, or the dance party, or the jumping on beds, or the fact that we were repeatedly asked to quiet the f*ck down?

hey, remember when you "forgot" your guitar chord?

My friend, who is, I think, now the Asst. Mgr of HotCong reminded me the other day that "your band was the first group of people that I ever had to ban from here"...

I reminded her that I had nothing to do with it, as I am a party pooper, I guess...It was really embarrassing ...

If I'm thinking of the right night....

#753141 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:54 PM in The Shizz General Forum

you are.

#753108 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:20 PM in The Shizz General Forum

i'll do it.

its cool if i get a boner, right?

Chicks give you boners? No kiddin'...

well, huh....

#753137 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:49 PM in The Shizz General Forum

or, if you're a glass half full kind of person, then we're all very important.

#753131 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:43 PM in The Shizz General Forum

well, no less important than anyone else round these parts...we're all pretty unimportant.

#753123 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:36 PM in The Shizz General Forum

yeah that's what i was doing. you can take it right?

yeah, I guess so.

#753126 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:40 PM in The Shizz General Forum

That's where you're wrong.

I can honestly say that I have never been called a dick by someone more important than you.

:)

#753118 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:32 PM in The Shizz General Forum

no, see, Mig and i are friendly, we give each other a lil shit here & there...

i think mig can take it..he's tough.

#803013 what bands

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 21 September 2009 - 06:19 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Just saw JoJo a couple months ago...

#766815 SHIZZ TUBING

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 05 July 2009 - 04:16 PM in The Shizz General Forum

i tubed so much in high school.. ahh the long walk back to the car.
or the long hot ride in the back of someone's truck to the car.

there used to be a rope swing on one turn and or "cliff diving"
but i don't think that's allowed anymore.

it's really quite pretty at points-and you're just floating along....

I remember those days...

#766817 SHIZZ TUBING

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 05 July 2009 - 04:19 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Um...nobody posted any pics, odd.

#795791 So Heres An Concept, If Your Band Is Designing A Flyer

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 05 September 2009 - 02:33 PM in The Shizz General Forum

The 'scene' conversation is always very interesting to me....

Some people are nice, but have lame bands, some people are jerks and have good bands.

So, do you support the nice people, or the good bands?

Does one want a scene of nice people or of good bands?

Now, obviously, there is a lot of grey area there..

A lot of locals that I respect DON'T really associate themselves with a scene...or at least I am not privvy to knowing their scene.

On the downside, scenes can become an overprotective bubble, and not be inclusive of good bands, because someone doesn't like someone.

There are actually a few, somewhat like-minded, bands in this town, who could very much benefit by playing together, but can't, or won't, because of personal issues.

That doesn't strengthen a "music" scene, maybe it strengthens a clique, but not a "music" scene...and I suppose that's the issue with a scene, is the fact that as much as it purports to be about INclusion in theory, it ends being about exclusion in practice.

Perhaps scenes are about music, and cliques are about personalities, I dunno.

Or maybe it's a scene when you're in it, and a clique when you're not.

Chad?

I mainly think that a music community is important. Not as a way to be obligated to attend shows or to have to like everyband that comes around. I think having a strong music community serves as a good agent of awareness among others outside of the usual clientele. It also gives different exposure of a variety of music to lots of people that would otherwise be unaware. I don’t like the term music scene as much as a community. A scene implies that it is something hip or some exclusive clique instead of supportive positive minded musicians working together as a cohesive unit. If you don’t like a band, you don't HAVE TO work with them so DON'T. Its not your responsibility to promote the band but it IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO GIVE THEM A DEGREE OF RESPECT. Not only is it courteous but it is a necessity. How can anyone expect to feel welcome in a community of artists if they are not given any respect or rather given disrespect. If we are all divided and filled with spite, loathing, or any ill-will we will NEVER achieve what we could if we respected each other or worked together. This being said, I am not into some stuff. I’m just not into it. How many run-of-the-mill acts have we all "scene"?(PUN) There are genres and even bands that I just can't enjoy, but this doesn’t mean that we shouldn't give them a chance or at least some respect for expressing themselves. How else can we ever feel free and comfortable to the point were we can share our music? Music is a personal thing which is why we should still be supportive. I always stay at shows for at least a little longer and try to talk to people and engage them. You would be surprised how much you have in common with someone that is completely different than you music wise.

I like playing shows cause you get to see other bands for free and usually meet some damn good people and hear some tunes.

yesss

Indeed, very eloquent.

#811106 New Tmes music editor says "Downtown is ovah."

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 08 October 2009 - 02:16 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Over?????

I think the Carpenters said it best...

We've only just begun, to live,
White lace and promises
A kiss for luck and we're on our way.
And yes, We've just begun.

Before the rising sun we fly,
So many roads to choose
We start our walking and learn to run.

Sharing horizons that are new to us,
Watching the signs along the way,
Talking it over just the two of us,
Working together day to day
Together.

And when the evening comes we smile,
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow,

#811274 New Tmes music editor says "Downtown is ovah."

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 08 October 2009 - 01:02 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I take the opinions of shizz members any day over some hack journalist from a free weekly.

Let's not get carried away...

;)

#793776 Good Gay Bars in Phx

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 September 2009 - 03:34 PM in The Shizz General Forum

The place next to Honey Bears on VB is called "New Town"

I mean, that's what it said on Google..'cause I totally have never been there....

It's not like a clean & pretty gay bar...

Think of it like the Bikini Lounge of gay bars.

I remember it as being kinda John Watersy...

If that makes any sense...

#793858 Good Gay Bars in Phx

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 September 2009 - 05:50 PM in The Shizz General Forum

or.....visited...

#785557 Good Tattoo Artists in Phoenix

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 16 August 2009 - 12:04 PM in The Shizz General Forum

The guys that just opened next to Carly's did mine....awesome cool people, and in the hooooood.

That's JSN at The Golden Rule. He's been working on my sleeve for a while now. Great artist and a really great guy.

Indeed. helluva guy.

#793824 Good Gay Bars in Phx

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 September 2009 - 05:01 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Cruisin 7th, this isn't your typical gay bar, this has like chicks with dicks and weird shit like that.
http://www.cruisin7th.net/index.html

FEZ, awesome food and tons of hawt dudes. I made the mistake of going in there with sweat pants one time and all the dudes saw my boner.
http://www.fezoncentral.com/home.aspx

The Clarendon Hotel (they haven't waved a rainbow flag or anything but if the profile song on their myspace page isn't equivelant to them spreading their butt cheeks then I don't know what is.) They have rooftop partys and their pool is open to the public sometimes too and it is really nice.
http://www.myspace.c...eclarendonhotel

Homme Lounge. Sorry if someone said this already.

was this thread really to long for you to read?

This is obnoxiously dumb & homophobic.

#793847 Good Gay Bars in Phx

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 September 2009 - 05:33 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I like the Pogues shirt.

#783372 Good Tattoo Artists in Phoenix

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 12 August 2009 - 11:19 AM in The Shizz General Forum

The guys that just opened next to Carly's did mine....awesome cool people, and in the hooooood.

#811536 The Shizz Halloween Party!

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 09 October 2009 - 02:43 AM in Shows and Stuff

What's the entertainment line-up?

#835242 It's the most wonderful time of the year

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 07 December 2009 - 02:36 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I do nothing. This season can blow me.

:wub:

#780585 Did you read this in the New Times a few weeks ago?

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 05 August 2009 - 06:35 PM in The Shizz General Forum

The article didn't make me react one way or the other... The kid was just one in a line of fresh faced kids who's gonna change the world, naive, hypocritical, and perhaps not able to look at himself in the mirror & judge himself by the same standards he judges others....how is some dork-o hipster who has a beard (this month) & plays a silly instrument any goofier than a guy who puts the effort into putting product in his hair, and having a "look", and playing it all agro punk whilst he caters to fuckin' Hot Topic. The writer is a bit older & has lost some of his useful idealism & never was into 'punk rock' anyhoo...I liked his little asides, personally.

I really liked the Descendents, and although I never listen to them anymore, I can still remember what it felt like the first time I heard them.

We all, generally, think our fashion, music, ideals are absolutely right & others absolutely wrong.

The fact that the kid wears fashionable tight jeans & western shirts & chucks & also 'styles' his hair, makes me think he's not that far from being the new asst. manager of the previously mentioned Hot Topic.

So punk.

#814785 TMAYWTF

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 15 October 2009 - 04:01 PM in The Shizz General Forum

The Jo Bros are legal now aren't they?
Posted Image

They all look like little miniature Mike Montoyas!

uh, none of them look like Mike Montoya...maybe the one on the left...maybe a little...

You think that all handsome curly headed Latinos look alike? Is that it?