Hooray For Everything's Content

There have been 118 items by Hooray For Everything (Search limited from 03-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#814722 TMAYWTF

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 15 October 2009 - 03:07 PM in The Shizz General Forum

half your age plus seven is fair game. 17 year olds are fair game to me! YES.

Is this the official algorithm?

#792261 Outlaw Country Brunch!

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 28 August 2009 - 05:20 PM in Shows and Stuff

That birdy/eggy thing was fucked up...

really fucked up.

me no likey.

#792269 Mr. Cool Guy

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 28 August 2009 - 05:52 PM in The Shizz General Forum

calm down, lil guy...

I'm just sayin', the guy just spent $500 on barbeque & kinda lost his ass on it...

#792470 Mr. Cool Guy

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 29 August 2009 - 01:57 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Do I need to write this out in crayon? This wasn't about ME. It was about this sweet & generous guy throwing a party for himself & you people who DO normally go there.

I have NEVER claimed to go there frequently. Somehow we ended up playing there, I don't remember how, he liked us, he asked us back...I just met the guy, and yet he really impressed me, so even though I just met him, I helped organize his party. I would of thought that you who HAVE known him longer would've been more supportive. The people who were there were great, Johnny, Fatigo, Colorstore, Hooves....we all had a very nice time.

This has nothing to do with ME.

I felt badly for Daryl, that's it, I'm not sure how that makes me a jerk.

I have nothing more to say about this.

#792486 Mr. Cool Guy

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 29 August 2009 - 03:12 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I guess I did approach this jerkish, my bad. I apologize. Seriously. I hope we can leave it at that.

#792259 Mr. Cool Guy

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 28 August 2009 - 05:17 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I don't recall seeing any of the "Hell Yeah" folks at the barbecue, do you John?

#792296 Mr. Cool Guy

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 28 August 2009 - 08:26 PM in The Shizz General Forum

As you probably could guess, I could give a fuck, except the dude was bummed, and he's good people....

#788527 Outlaw Country Brunch!

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 21 August 2009 - 09:36 AM in Shows and Stuff

I'm putting in a request for Johnny Paychecks 'Motel Time Again'

even though it came out way before the "Outlaw" thing started...

#787607 Outlaw Country Brunch!

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 August 2009 - 07:31 PM in Shows and Stuff

It's fun...and Johnny plays decent stuff...

#809140 Phx art scene

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 03 October 2009 - 12:20 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Phoenix is a stepping-stone city. For every 5 people that move here 3 people move away. That's why it is good for artists beginning their career. There are many entry-level opportunities and chances to get involved. Once an artist achieves a certain level of success here, it is difficult to progress without looking outside the city and region for opportunities. Therefore, artists emerge until they are at a mid-level: they're not beginners, and they're able to eke out a living and be self-supporting artists, but the opportunities just aren't available in this town as much for locals. The Phoenix Art Museum was proud of itself for featuring local artists in their recent exhibition, Phantom Sightings, but those types of shows are few and far between for locals. Think of the music scene here. There are plenty of places to play for beginning bands or hobby bands, but where do you play if you are a professional musician and can draw more than 200 people to a show? How often do Shizz bands get to play the Marquee or Dodge or Celebrity Theatre? There needs to be something in between the downtown galleries and Scottsdale galleries. Bentley Projects tried to be this--but it failed and dropped many artists in the state who had emerged and were professors in art departments who now have no gallery representation here. This is why artists who have emerged must move away in order to take advantage of bigger opportunities that just aren't available here. Creative Capital did research in Phoenix in 2006 on the art scene and this was their conclusion. Artists who want to make a plan for becoming self-supporting should take advantage of Creative Capital. They have grants and other professional development tools to help artists.

Kevin

Um, how many Shizz bands, that do original music, can draw 200 people?

There are Shizz bands that have played big venues.....a couple played the Rialto, but as an opener...

#809138 Phx art scene

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 03 October 2009 - 12:17 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Perhaps it's because people spend more time in their studio there, perhaps 'cool' people prefer seasonal variety & rain.

see whats great about being in a band here is that we don't have to worry about rain while loading our gear or snow for that matter. ever try to load super heavy gear on black ice?

Too true....Vermont/New Hampster/Mass were like that...Portland was okay, just rain, but I was only recording there. Good point, though, Chad.

#795787 Rain!

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 05 September 2009 - 02:08 PM in The Shizz General Forum

This rainstorm fairly rocks so far, although the thunder woke me up. It rattled my bedroom door like a bomb exploded across the street.

yea, the thunder must've gone off right over my apartment, I swear my half dream brain thought we were being tacked.
B.O.P (bombs over phoenix)

glad it held off through F F but it woulda been kinda funny/sh*tty to washout the skateboarders.

Werd....woke right up out of my sleep, scared the b'jesus out of me.

sk

#762543 Michael Jackson DEAD?!?!?!

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 25 June 2009 - 03:43 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Child molesting creep....

but, man what catchy tunes...

as if I didn't get enough stupid Michael Jackson requests at the Bikini already....ugh.....

#809003 Phx art scene

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 02 October 2009 - 03:33 PM in The Shizz General Forum

It was seems to me that my favorite art/music comes from places where it rains....

Perhaps it's because people spend more time in their studio there, perhaps 'cool' people prefer seasonal variety & rain. I know rainy weather=soft ground=basements, so I think that led to lot's of great music, so finding a good place to set up a studio/practice area was easy...

Maybe not, too.

(I'm a big Christina/Lara/Suzie fan....we have a lot of great female visual artists in Phoenix)

#807239 Kimber Lanning - News

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 29 September 2009 - 03:08 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I looked over the new times comments---gah who has time to read all that?

I do understand being bummed when a favorite place closes down (Emerald Lounge RIP). But honestly, how many other places are there in a 10 mile radius that will host an indie show? The Trunkspace, The Ruby Room, The Phix, The Rhythm Room, The Ice House Tavern, The Lost Leaf & Paisley Violin. Were spoiled to have so many places & also in such a relatively close proximity.

Wow.

I so disagree.

I'll give you Trunk Space, because the people who run it are fucking amazing, & the Rhythm Room, um, because it's a real club, but that's it.

Sure man, anyone will HOST one, it's about having good booking & a room/PA that is of a professional quality.

We're not spoiled in that department. Hardly.

The Lost Leaf is a bar, with a PA. The ICEHOUSE is a bar with a PA. The Paisley Violin is cafe with a PA....

I can't think of one, real club down here...I mean let's not lower our standards that much, c'mon....

I mean, Christ, I have a PA & a backyard, but that don't mean I'm gonna pretend that it's an awesome place to have a show.

Even Modified wasn't awesome, not at all. It was a stinky room with a decent PA, damn good sound people & great booking.

It blows my mind how little we have in terms of infrastructure & how bent we all are on pretending that we've got something awesome going.

We have great bands & artists, I'll give you that. But as far as good, pro, small rock clubs, no fucking way. I'm talking standards here, like the Rhythm Room or Plush.

Sorry to be like that kid in the Emperors New Clothes....but I gotta call bullshit on this one.

I will say that Last Exit in Tempe could be cool, if the staff was cool & they had good booking & took down the stupid beertitty adverts on the wall.

But, alas, bad location.

I hate that just because we're Phoenix means we have to pretend that things are better here than they are....even Flagstaff has better places to play. let's be real.

#807225 Kimber Lanning - News

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 29 September 2009 - 02:33 PM in The Shizz General Forum

What I do like about the new owners is their commitment to high the high standards that Kimber established for Modified as a gallery. It seems most galleries will hang any crap that one of their buddies threw together.

I've known the new owner(s) for awhile, they're awesome.

There still will be some music, just a different kind of a thang.

It goes without saying that there will obviously be a even larger void in the downtown music community.

We have great bands down here, just no great venues.

#808546 Kimber Lanning - News

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 October 2009 - 04:31 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I'm with ya...

I just hated feeling like I was fighting with you, I adore you.

I'm sure you know that, though.

#807241 Kimber Lanning - News

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 29 September 2009 - 03:12 PM in The Shizz General Forum

word.

From the perspective of a musician i can see how this is a bummer but from the perspective of a working visual artist i am welcoming the change.

yes there are a lot of galleries in that area but the majority of those only show their collective member's works.

this opens the door for other venues to take advantage of the lost space and it opens the door for more artists to take advantage of phx's art scene.

it's a bummer yes. I've seen so many great shows at modified. but at least it's still functioning. it could just close and be another empty building on Roosevelt or it could have been sold to a high end condo developer or something horrendous.

I agree. As a music dude, I forget about the visual media folks, and I guesssssssssss it's just as valid, as (gulp) music.

I've just seen so much crap on the walls downtown that I've become immune to it....

#802954 new bands

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 21 September 2009 - 04:25 PM in The Shizz General Forum

lets all be friends, if all new bands start being supportive with each other we can end all this mean stuff

My newest baby is formed from a few of the guys from Yukon Ho! called Instructions. We want to party with you!

anyone else wanna plug a new project?

I'd like to plug you

#784193 I think Sheriff Joe has finally stepped over the line

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 13 August 2009 - 03:31 PM in The Shizz General Forum

what is this? Nazi Germany?

wtf is going on?

Arpaio does stupid shit like this because he gets away with it!

He can do whatever he fucking wants, he can fucking kill people, steal shit, arrest anyone he wants whenever he wants, lie, run completely false smear campaigns, take illegal election money, run prostitution rings, poop on people etc.

And he gets re-elected.

every time.

he pooped on someone? I draw the line there!!

I agree. One has to, at some point, draw a line. My line is somewhere between pee & poop.

#792724 Where Were You In "82"

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 30 August 2009 - 12:46 PM in Shows and Stuff

82'...

I was enjoying the glory & splendor of KISS - Love Gun

#752935 David Carradine Found Dead in Bangkok!

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 10:01 AM in The Shizz General Forum

one less name on your "old guys to bang" list.

#815234 Benefit show for Tumbleweed.org and the homeless youth of Phoenix

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 16 October 2009 - 10:06 AM in Shows and Stuff

they are close to dire straights.

Then why don't then get them to play?

#790767 Ted Kennedy RIP

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 26 August 2009 - 03:07 AM in The Shizz General Forum

okay, enough already :(

#801549 New all ages venues coming to Tempe

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 18 September 2009 - 02:27 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.