Hooray For Everything's Content

There have been 118 items by Hooray For Everything (Search limited from 25-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#796829 Bone Thugs

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 08 September 2009 - 09:57 PM in The Shizz General Forum

oh...irony.

#798152 Americans Observing 9/11 By Not Masturbating

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 11 September 2009 - 09:12 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Click

#798153 Cafe Science

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 11 September 2009 - 09:14 AM in Shows and Stuff

im cool with free booze and food!

Isn't that the official slogan for ASU Alumni?

;) ;)

#798159 Americans Observing 9/11 By Not Masturbating

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 11 September 2009 - 09:30 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Y'mean, like, less, in general, or less today? Because, for me, masturbating less, today, would be not masturbating at all, y'know? I mean, there aren't many days where I find it necessary to do it twice.

Oh, crap... It's 9/11 & we're talking about this...what good Americans we are...wasting our time on stupid shit.

:(

#798828 Rum Tenor, TDF, Juarez

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 13 September 2009 - 10:42 AM in Shows and Stuff

Neither Rum Tenor, nor Juarez, ever sounded better.

Really, really good.

#799258 Hey, Jim Carrol died

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 14 September 2009 - 11:34 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Just saw this, just now....

fuck...

I really enjoyed his poetry.

STOP DYING!!!!

ENOUGH!!!

#799263 Gay Link

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 14 September 2009 - 11:43 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Posted Image

Shit...I can think of 'em faster than I can type 'em.

#799280 DILLENGER 4 * RIVERBOAT GAMBLERS * The ARRIVALS

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 14 September 2009 - 12:05 PM in Shows and Stuff

I got all excited until I realized it was the Riverboat Gamblers & not the Compulsive Gamblers...

gosh darn it.

#799524 R.I.P

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 14 September 2009 - 06:32 PM in The Shizz General Forum

RED MUTHA FUCKIN DAWN

#801547 INTOXICA! FRIDAY NIGHT at the BIKINI LOUNGE

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 18 September 2009 - 02:24 PM in Shows and Stuff

yeh yeh yeh yeh

#801549 New all ages venues coming to Tempe

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 18 September 2009 - 02:27 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

#801569 INTOXICA! FRIDAY NIGHT at the BIKINI LOUNGE

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 18 September 2009 - 02:52 PM in Shows and Stuff

tell me about it....whew....

#801581 Snow Songs

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 18 September 2009 - 03:08 PM in Shows and Stuff

Fill me in on Coats&Villa....anyone?

Oh shit...i know them...

I should really pay more attention.

#801588 INTOXICA! FRIDAY NIGHT at the BIKINI LOUNGE

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 18 September 2009 - 03:12 PM in Shows and Stuff

bad is the new good. :)

#801591 New all ages venues coming to Tempe

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 18 September 2009 - 03:15 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I hoping someone opens a 31 & up club...

or have some kind a weight minimum...

Sorry, dude....you're 5'10" and only weigh 150 pounds...go eat some fuckin cheeseburgers & come back next month

#801600 New all ages venues coming to Tempe

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 18 September 2009 - 03:31 PM in The Shizz General Forum

"art shit" :lol:

Usually is...

pllllllllllease Phoenix...give us more mexploitation & booby art.......

#801602 New all ages venues coming to Tempe

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 18 September 2009 - 03:33 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I used to be into thay type of art. Its fun but can get messy and smells horrid!

I had a staring contest a couple Tuesdays at the YUCCA with a guy who look liked your avatar.

#801798 New all ages venues coming to Tempe

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 September 2009 - 03:14 AM in The Shizz General Forum

I used to be into thay type of art. Its fun but can get messy and smells horrid!

I had a staring contest a couple Tuesdays at the YUCCA with a guy who look liked your avatar.

Really? wait what? Was it awkward?

Y'know, funny you should ask, at first it kinda was....then, I dunno, I was looking at the guy thinking "Hmmm, he's staring back, but not getting huffy puffy...hmm...maybe he's gay?", but I just kept staring, as did he, and then, I dunno, it got kinda...umm..romantic? We never spoke....I just hope he remembers me, like I remember him...

#801799 New all ages venues coming to Tempe

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 September 2009 - 03:16 AM in The Shizz General Forum

I hoping someone opens a 31 & up club...

or have some kind a weight minimum...

Sorry, dude....you're 5'10" and only weigh 150 pounds...go eat some fuckin cheeseburgers & come back next month

You could try Margaritaville.

Just so everyone knows...I've known James for along time,we've played some great shows together, recorded some good tunes, and he never, NEVER, is this funny in person...

Okay maybe a few times.

#801954 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 September 2009 - 03:14 PM in The Shizz General Forum

OK. For what it's worth I'm a music writer. A microcosm of the Phoenix music scene; I went to a show the other night and I overheard a few members of the band talking shit about the person who's song they were covering (THAT NIGHT!). I was appalled. OK I'll mention names. Shane Kennedy. In Matthew Reveles' band. Covering Jeff Gonzales' song Midday Epilogue (a young lady told me they play it in every set). I don't live here (and even if I did) I'm not afraid of repercussions from big fish in small ponds. Have some goddamn respect will you?

That sums up the scene; cliques, and general disrespect. LA sucks too but at least there's a general respect and comaraderie amongst the bands. Achieve that (without elitism) and there just might be a thriving music scene out here.

But the way, my name is Herb Ferguson, herbieferbie@yahoo.com

Maybe you should know what your talking about about before you open your mouth, because, once I do, you're gonna feel an asshole.

#801958 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 September 2009 - 03:22 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Not everything is meant for a message board....

and thanks for contributing to a situation that was already bad enough.

Maybe you should mind your own business, as basically, you are gossiping.

a) I just play drums, I don't get to pick the tunes.
B) we don't play it every set.
c) ever known any musicians that weren't your favorite people, but managed to write a decent song (or many decent songs)???
d) another lame part about a scene is when you DO have to pretend to like everyone & their bands...it's tiring...
e) Herb? Who the fuck is Herb?

and I IM'd you my number. Use it, ya goofball...I'm guessing we'll end up agreeing on a few things & finding we have more in common than not.

Eavesdropper...

and I get the sneaking suspicion that you are Jeff Gonzales.

#801962 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 September 2009 - 03:37 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Gossiping? YOU are talking about gossiping?
Is it SO incomprehensable that someone else doesn't care for your bullshit? I can assure you I'm not Jeff, just someone who sees things for what they are. Don't you want a nice write up?

write me at herbieferbie@yahoo.com if you wanna talk

I don't care about a nice write up, no...

Jeff & Matt's issues are really not for public viewing, I'm sorry that we were overheard discussing it, but I'm not sure how you can point fingers at this point.

#801964 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 September 2009 - 03:48 PM in The Shizz General Forum

and yes, Jeff, me & my Shizz friends ( :lol: ) know this is you....as it seems to coincide with MySpace posts that you are putting up.

Sorry, folks...

Additionally, I find the downtown scene to be great & really supportive.....they are some great new bands & the ones that have been around for a few years are doing some of their best work....There are some great festivals coming up, and yes, the Shizz is putting one on. I've found the Shizz crowd to be quite the opposite of elitist, although we all are in our own way. Most, but by no means all, of the so-called "Shizz" bands (I hate to break it to you, but there are no 'official' Shizz bands) tend to rock out, and the Shizz hasn't, usually, been that into the mellowish-country thing...But their are wonderful exceptions to that....Rum Tenor, Nowhere Man & a Whiskey Girl, Lonna Kelley..and I had a lovely talk a few months ago with Donald about doing a Shizz Roots/Americana fest.....and as far as you thinking that I have any pull on the Shizz, sorry Charlie...the folks on the Shizz have, more than once, had to kick me on the ass.

The Shizz isn't some big scene that controls the Phoenix music scene...it's a lil homespun website of some neighbors, some friends, some musicians, some visual artists...every so often they put on a nice show, or festival, with some of those folks.

Certainly the way to get involved with these people is not to write accusatory & negative posts on a site that is frequented by a bunch of folks who are just trying to be cool & do their part. I have made that mistake before & I was set straight.

Also, posting anonymously doesn't work too well, as their are some hardcore technerds on here who are pretty slick about tracing IP addresses...

#801974 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 September 2009 - 04:06 PM in The Shizz General Forum

and yes, I'll take the Social Security number, thanks...

and you weren't at the show the other night...

We haven't played that song for a few weeks, I think.

You can email me directly. You have before.

#801976 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 September 2009 - 04:08 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Christ, if you live LA, why are you bothering to write on a lil ol message board in lil ol shitty Phoenix?

You're being silly.

You two can write me direct.

Stop posting your goofy shit here.